Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

How on earth could you leap from 300-750 points in one cruise?

Well, the October 2019 cruise might have put them well over 300. Then if they booked the top suite on a Galapagos cruise under a double points promotion, and opted for the 16 night package, I think that would do it. I think it was really as Fouremco said but those double point promos can go a long way.

• Thanks 1

Counting all the "what ifs" is fun...

I am Elite Plus with little hope of reaching Zenith before I'm too old to cruise anywhere...or where statistics and probabilities say I won't be around at all.  I'm currently 1,968 points short. 

And missing about a year and a half of prime cruising time...and having 6 cruises canceled.... really pushes that timeline back.

But the double points helps a bit...after all of my currently booked cruises, I'll pick up 250 points...and only be 1,718 points short...

But, if those canceled cruises actually went and were counted, I would have added another 227 points and would be a mere 1,492 points short of Zenith...that's only 71 seven-night cruises in a balcony cabin...or 43 in a Concierge or Aqua cabin...

So, if I had those canceled cruises and three 7-night cruises a year, all in balcony cabins, I can get to Zenith in a mere 24 years...I could be Zenith by 2045!

But, the pandemic has put me back 11 cruises...and since I can't count on affording the more expensive categories now, with only Veranda cabins, the pandemic has set me back 4 years--to 2049...

But, of course, if they keep offering PUPs, I only have to make 344 embarrassing posts to Facebook and I'll be at Zenith!  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Counting all the "what ifs" is fun...

I am Elite Plus with little hope of reaching Zenith before I'm too old to cruise anywhere...or where statistics and probabilities say I won't be around at all.  I'm currently 1,968 points short. 

And missing about a year and a half of prime cruising time...and having 6 cruises canceled.... really pushes that timeline back.

But the double points helps a bit...after all of my currently booked cruises, I'll pick up 250 points...and only be 1,718 points short...

But, if those canceled cruises actually went and were counted, I would have added another 227 points and would be a mere 1,492 points short of Zenith...that's only 71 seven-night cruises in a balcony cabin...or 43 in a Concierge or Aqua cabin...

So, if I had those canceled cruises and three 7-night cruises a year, all in balcony cabins, I can get to Zenith in a mere 24 years...I could be Zenith by 2045!

But, the pandemic has put me back 11 cruises...and since I can't count on affording the more expensive categories now, with only Veranda cabins, the pandemic has set me back 4 years--to 2049...

But, of course, if they keep offering PUPs, I only have to make 344 embarrassing posts to Facebook and I'll be at Zenith!  😁

I heard XX is going to change the CC loyalty program to add another 550 points before reaching Zenith but they'll wait until just before you get there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

PUPs and their continuation or stoppage are apparently a temporary cure for boredom! 

Points or no points, without a cruise, I am still bored.  😎

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, upwarduk said:

David and Fouremco have the right idea. We would have earned 424 points over the ten Celebrity cruises which have been canceled. Instead, we've earned 23 via PUPs, leaving us with a total of 351. My points spreadsheet is a sad little reminder of that. 

I am definitely looking forward to the included bag of laundry once we finally get back onboard. Heck, I'll probably even be glad about a scoop of medocre gelato. 😉

• Like 2

After our last we were  851 points from Zenith.  We lost 790 points on cruises X cancelled and another 120 on what we cancelled before final payment.  We did  however earn 36 PUP points🤔  Late last year we booked   42 Night on Azamara which, had RCG not sold  AZ, would have added 274 points on X.  Looks like Zenith remains unattainable.  But we have had a great time earning the points.

• Like 2

I wonder how many of y'all have calculated how much the E+ or Zenith perks are actually worth after they raised AI pricing vs. how much you have to spend to get to those levels?  That obviously doesn't include your time with PUP or spreadsheets if you don't place a value on your time. 🙂

I heard some cruise lines actually reduce fares based upon loyalty levels. PUP points may be fun when we're bored but for me, show me the money not one or two free laundry bags!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:56 PM, upwarduk said:

Booked Silhouette 6/08/21 yesterday. Then I read the April Captain’s Club newsletter and realised that we will get DOUBLE points for our sailing, as the booking is before 28/08/21.

Not sure about the 100 PUP points for booking by 05/05/21, but I have applied any way. (post 2568.)

I tried that, but as our cruise booking was classed as a Lift and Shift from our latest cancelled sailing we didn't qualify

On 5/2/2021 at 4:28 PM, upwarduk said:

I saw the new Galapagos promotion this morning and thought of you.  I think if you book a top suite on Flora/Xpedition and do the 16 night Machu Picchu/Galapagos trip you can earn 576 points under the promotion.

image.thumb.png.75e0c078ff380d4be6b4085c4e66eda8.png

Edited by mahdnc

THIS WEEK’S ACTIVITY
Now is the perfect time to plan that tropical escape you’ve been dreaming about. Take advantage of our lowest rate—plus savings of up to 10%* on select Caribbean sailings when you book a veranda stateroom or above. Classic and Select members will save 5%—and Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith members save 10%, excluding taxes and fees.* Now, you can also earn 50 Power Up Points when you book a qualifying sailing by May 16.
STEP 1 STEP 2
Read Take Quiz
Book a veranda stateroom or above on a Caribbean sailing departing between October 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022. (Excludes Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Beyond). Complete your booking by May 16, then click the link below to provide your booking information.

6 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I think it's silly that they excluded Apex and Beyond. 

I just got it too.

I'm only looking to book Beyond next as we already have other cruises in the pipeline. And we just booked a Caribbean cruise on Edge just 2 weeks ago!

Edited by C-Dragons

9 hours ago, kathynorth said:
THIS WEEK’S ACTIVITY
Now is the perfect time to plan that tropical escape you’ve been dreaming about. Take advantage of our lowest rate—plus savings of up to 10%* on select Caribbean sailings when you book a veranda stateroom or above. Classic and Select members will save 5%—and Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith members save 10%, excluding taxes and fees.* Now, you can also earn 50 Power Up Points when you book a qualifying sailing by May 16.
STEP 1 STEP 2
Read Take Quiz
Book a veranda stateroom or above on a Caribbean sailing departing between October 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022. (Excludes Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Beyond). Complete your booking by May 16, then click the link below to provide your booking information.

So, you can get the equivalent of 1 night in Aqua for booking one of these.  Too bad I already have, between Princess, X, L&S and rebook 8 or 9 cruises already booked.  Although, that said, between videos, surveys and quiz PUP offers I have one weeks worth in an inside or balcony cabin.

16 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

New ships usually sell fast and at a premium. Why would they offer any deals?

I have both Apex and Beyond booked in 2022, there certainly were no deals.  But as both 2020 and now 2021 vacations for me are not happening I am ok with what I got, just spending on two cruises what I would have on both a cruise and land vacation in 2020 and 2021.  To 2022 and Beyond!

21 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I have both Apex and Beyond booked in 2022, there certainly were no deals.  But as both 2020 and now 2021 vacations for me are not happening I am ok with what I got, just spending on two cruises what I would have on both a cruise and land vacation in 2020 and 2021.  To 2022 and Beyond!

Do you still have the Iconic Suite booked?  I'll be looking forward to a review if you end up sailing.

5 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Do you still have the Iconic Suite booked?  I'll be looking forward to a review if you end up sailing.

No I do not 😞 my checking account said what are you thinking here!  I reversed my two 2022 cruises now and doing Apex CS, Scandinavia/Russia in May 2022 and Beyond PH, TA in Oct 2022.  For what the Iconic was costing for one cruise, I can now do these two for far less $ combined.  

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

No I do not 😞 my checking account said what are you thinking here!  I reversed my two 2022 cruises now and doing Apex CS, Scandinavia/Russia in May 2022 and Beyond PH, TA in Oct 2022.  For what the Iconic was costing for one cruise, I can now do these two for far less $ combined.  

Good back-ups 🙂 probably better logic too, besides, maybe you can "Move-up" bid and still get the Iconic

• Like 1