Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still enjoy turning my phone off, throwing in the safe and then taking it out the day before disembarkation to charge for the trip home. 

Agree with this 100%.  I have a work provided cell phone which pretty much meets my every need of a cell phone even for personal use (I have no desire to carry two phones), but for security reasons we are not permitted to take it out of the country unless approved business case so I don't even travel with a phone.  It would seem that times are making it more and more difficult to be without a phone even on vacation.  I do have a tablet with me if I 'needed' to check email but I have not purchased Wi-Fi in the past so even that was rare.

And ya Instagram was a big buzz word on the seminar, soooo many Instagram-able photo places.   For me they are 'camera' photo places 🙂

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

New offer just arrived.  Book a veranda or higher cruise departing 07/01/21 through 12/31/21 for 50 PUPS..  You have until 12/24/20 to claim the PUPS.

Was it clear to you whether you actually had to go on the cruise before December 31, 2021 to get your PUPS?  Who knows whether it will be safe to cruise then or whether ports we'd like to visit would allow us to dock?  

7 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Was it clear to you whether you actually had to go on the cruise before December 31, 2021 to get your PUPS?  Who knows whether it will be safe to cruise then or whether ports we'd like to visit would allow us to dock?  

Yes, you need to sail on or before December 31, 2021:

Make a new booking on any sailing departing between 7/1/21 and 12/31/21 and earn 50 Power Up Points.

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

New offer just arrived.  Book a veranda or higher cruise departing 07/01/21 through 12/31/21 for 50 PUPS..  You have until 12/24/20 tp claim the PUPS.

Yeah, but for me since they don't have a product that they can actually deliver I'll not be earning those. Once they're back safely cruising I'll be booking. 

• Like 2

I booked a cruise months back, but it was recently changed to a new ship and modified itinerary.  I went ahead and put that booking number in there and it was accepted, but stated it would need to be confirmed.  Not sure if they'll give me the points or not, but I don't see any downside in trying.

Just received an email for the APEX Webinar

Recently, we hosted a Captain’s Club webinar all about Celebrity APEX . Due to overwhelming demand, we were unable to accommodate all members that wanted to attend. So, we recorded the webinar for you to view now. Just click the video link below and enter your name, email address and Captain’s Club ID. Watch the presentation in its entirety by December 16th and you’ll receive 50 Power Up Points.*

I look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely,
Andrea Shey, Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

Andrea Shey
Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rakes5 said:

Just received an email for the APEX Webinar

Recently, we hosted a Captain’s Club webinar all about Celebrity APEX . Due to overwhelming demand, we were unable to accommodate all members that wanted to attend. So, we recorded the webinar for you to view now. Just click the video link below and enter your name, email address and Captain’s Club ID. Watch the presentation in its entirety by December 16th and you’ll receive 50 Power Up Points.*

I look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely,
Andrea Shey, Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

Andrea Shey
Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

Cool. They are taking the high road! They are doing right.

Edited by Charles4515

41 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Cool. They are taking the high road! They are doing right.

Absolutely.  My wife and I watched it and it was very interesting.  We are on the Edge next year and enjoyed the INFO.  Also glad that west coast people can also earn the 50 PUPS.

12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes this was much better than the other one.   Maybe we can all chip in and get LPP a set of air buds?  Did anyone count the number of times "Instagramable Moment" was used?

LOL I'm sure she has one. Maybe her co-workers are too scared to bring it up...I mean she knew how to use a ring light to brighten the room. You would think every one would have figured it out by now after a year of conference calls while working from home.

12 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

New offer just arrived.  Book a veranda or higher cruise departing 07/01/21 through 12/31/21 for 50 PUPS..  You have until 12/24/20 tp claim the PUPS.

Could someone post the link to this offer? I haven't received the last 3 Power Up e-mails.... I'm not sure why they stopped all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Hmmm, book at our much higher prices to get a few Power Up Points!

After carefully checking X offerings and prices, booked with HAL for 8/21 and Princess for 12/21.

They are high aren't they!  I cannot believe the cost now and for the first time Celebrity comes out more expensive than comparable for me and I always opted for drink package so that isn't new in my costing.  Makes me very sad as I watch the Apex seminar and think how out of reach they are becoming and likely for year(s) to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

C-Dragons posted it before. See post #1448

Thank you, but I was referring to the “book a cruise by 12/24” offer. I already used that link at post #1448 for the Apex webinar & it worked. : ) 

Edited by 3girlsmom

Someone asked for the latest PUP's link - book cruise 50 PUPS:

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=5612053e300959df76685d6320d35e5f948ccd7557fc50add0c32bbc0eb905687c9297c7a18212f6e85ac07b4e7a2d0d6780a1fc18fba34e0898f31690fd99a2d68ecc948a8ee76739ee343c5c68caa901c8a8937dd1134e96ac279356e1df4ea55851ed457caf32c1cdcdcf29409c9fad3777d2b1b4dc470340cb84abecaa1f

I was reading the T&C for this activity. I saw this:

"Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed."

If a booking is made you would receive temporary points. Would they be recognised if they elevated you to the next loyalty level on a cruise taken before the qualifying cruise? 

This is the second PUP offer for booking a cruise.  The first one came out on August 18th for booking a cruise between 01/01/21 - 08/31/21.  Since cruises in January and February have been cancelled, there must be cruises that earned PUPS that have now been cancelled.  Has anyone earned points for booking a cruise under this offer and then had the cruise canceled by Celebrity?  

2 hours ago, laslomas said:

I was reading the T&C for this activity. I saw this:

"Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed."

If a booking is made you would receive temporary points. Would they be recognised if they elevated you to the next loyalty level on a cruise taken before the qualifying cruise? 

According to the description in the T&C I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes.  I don't have enough confidence in their systems that the points would actually be removed.  I suspect there is a notation on the reservation and it would be a manual process to notice and remove the points during the cancellation process.

• Like 1