Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

From the following email from Celebrity a week ago, has anyone received the promised "recording of the event?

Yesterday we sent you an invite for an exclusive Captain’s Club webinar all about Alaska on Thursday, January 28, 2021. Due to overwhelming demand, the event filled up with thousands of members in less than an hour. In order to maintain the quality of the event, we had to limit registrations. We are so glad to see so much interest and we want to make sure that everyone has a chance to participate. So, we will be sending out a recording of the event after it takes place next week. Members that were not able to register will be able to watch the recording and earn the 50 Power Up Points.

3 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

For those who tuned into the ALASKA Webinar - this is the beautiful whale that my camera captured the first identifiable photos of and I was able to name her “HOONAH” (People of the North Wind).

For the 75% (staggering number) of Captain’s Club members who have not visited ALASKA, it’s a dream trip!   I rank it right up there with our cruises to New Zealand and South America.

Kind regards, “Heather"

1875358420_ScreenShot2021-01-29at7_59_19AM.png.0f8cae2c5a9c3c46e8c5dc005e5b29f7.png145135043_ScreenShot2021-01-29at7_59_27AM.png.b8f61ace954060e6e476385345092d35.png

When I heard the mystery person “Heather” mentioned during last night’s presentation, I was pretty sure it was you.

Randy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, islandwoman said:

I have noticed that my PUP emails often come into my in-box with time stamps that are significantly earlier than when they actually arrive.  This causes them to locate way up the page from where current emails show.  Since I'm looking at the bottom of the page for new emails, it's easy to miss the ones from Celebrity PUP.   Maybe that has happened to yours too.

That is not celebrities fault.  It is sent out its the overall web and maybe your email pathways  that delays it.  I have 2 different email accounts, one for all junk and one personal.  I know when someone sends one to my junk the time stamp is always anywhere from 10 min to a day different.  Not the senders issue.  My personal/professional one rarely any delays if there are its minimal.  

4 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

For those who tuned into the ALASKA Webinar - this is the beautiful whale that my camera captured the first identifiable photos of and I was able to name her “HOONAH” (People of the North Wind).

For the 75% (staggering number) of Captain’s Club members who have not visited ALASKA, it’s a dream trip!   I rank it right up there with our cruises to New Zealand and South America.

Kind regards, “Heather"

1875358420_ScreenShot2021-01-29at7_59_19AM.png.0f8cae2c5a9c3c46e8c5dc005e5b29f7.png145135043_ScreenShot2021-01-29at7_59_27AM.png.b8f61ace954060e6e476385345092d35.png

Congratulations on getting to name the baby. I've been on a few whale watching expeditions and am always in awe of them. I've said many times if I had to pick one word to describe Alaska it would be "awesome".

Great photography also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Try signing in using an InPrivate or Incognito window.  It works perfectly.  That's the only way I access the X website! 

Example please? I can get to my booked cruises from the X website by clicking on "already booked". However, I can't leave that page to the main menu. If I click on the Celebrity logo nothing happens, it should take me to their homepage but it doesn't. When I click on login, it just keeps recycling to their homepage and I am not logged in.

1 minute ago, Bertram4me said:

Example please? I can get to my booked cruises from the X website by clicking on "already booked". However, I can't leave that page to the main menu. If I click on the Celebrity logo nothing happens, it should take me to their homepage but it doesn't. When I click on login, it just keeps recycling to their homepage and I am not logged in.

What device are you using?  What web browser are you using? 

1 hour ago, Bertram4me said:

Open an InPrivate or Incognito windo on whatever browser you like. Go to the X site and log in. You shouldn't have the same issue. 

Just received the email for watching the taped version:

Recently, we hosted a Captain’s Club webinar all about Alaska. Due to overwhelming demand, we were unable to accommodate all members that wanted to attend. So, we recorded the webinar for you to view now. Just click the video link below and enter your name, email address and Captain’s Club ID. Watch the presentation in its entirety by February 5th and you’ll receive 50 Power Up Points.*

I look forward to seeing you on board soon.

• Like 1

I received the "Thank You" email also.  It says, in part, "you’ll receive 50 Power Up Points* for participating in this unique event."  I'm happy about that because my computer dropped me out of the webinar for a couple of minutes and I was afraid that I'd forfeited my points.

I received the email to watch the recording and have it going right now.  See what everyone was talking about regarding sound, too bad as I'm sure LLP has looked back at the previous events and I can't believe she hasn't told her IT group it must improve. We'll see how the next one comes out.

Since I'm watching it now in January, I'm wondering if my points will show up in February, or if the won't make it until March. I'm going to make sure I take some screen shots and save them just in case those points never show up.

10 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Quite so. We've visited Alaska, but not on Celebrity as yet.

I have done 24 Alaska cruises from 2005 to 2019 because I can drive to them.  (No airfare or hotel needed). The only Celebrity was in 2006 on the Mercury and alll the others have been Royal.  I always seem to be able to get a good deal on Royal.

4 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I have done 24 Alaska cruises from 2005 to 2019 because I can drive to them.  (No airfare or hotel needed). The only Celebrity was in 2006 on the Mercury and alll the others have been Royal.  I always seem to be able to get a good deal on Royal.

HAL in my case, but nowhere near as many Alaskan cruises. Airfare and hotels certainly have an impact on our itinerary choices.

11 hours ago, Suzi66 said:

Could anyone share the link so we can watch (and get the power-up points) as no emails come to our inbox at all.  We see that things have happened here or on the Book of Faces but seem to miss out.

Here's a link that will give you the video, but I don't know if it will also give you the points:

2 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I watched it last night and as soon as I was done I got another invite to watch it again. I hope I don’t have to watch it twice to get the points. That would be too much. 

Don't hold your breath.  I'm still waiting for my points for watching the webinar on Apex.

21 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Don't hold your breath.  I'm still waiting for my points for watching the webinar on Apex.

Did you watch the  live Webinar  or the recording?   I watched the live webinar  and got my 5 CC points.  DH didn’t register or watch but he also got the 5 points.  Just like he has for all the PUP activities 
Im wondering if there was a problem with the link for the recording not having your Captains Club  number tied to it.  

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Did you watch the  live Webinar  or the recording?   I watched the live webinar  and got my 5 CC points.  DH didn’t register or watch but he also got the 5 points.  Just like he has for all the PUP activities 
Im wondering if there was a problem with the link for the recording not having your Captains Club  number tied to it.  

The first invitation I got had me put in my name, email and CC number. Then it took me to the video and I watched it. Now today I got another email saying thanks for registering with a link to join the webinar.