Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

The problem with posting it here is how do you tie it to your Captain’s Club account?

If your account is public, you use the specified  hashtag & tag @celebritycruises they find it.  We have done some of the other social media activities and gotten the points without any CC# involved.

Next activity:

Earn 30 Power Up Points for cooking along with Chef Michelle Bernstein and posting a photo or video of your completed dish by 21 February. 
Answer all questions and hit “Submit”. 
Your social handle indicated below must match the social handle you use to post for this activity otherwise points will not be awarded. 
Power Up Points to be awarded for this activity once per eligible member.

You then need to post a picture on Social media, which I won’t be doing for the reason mentioned in post 1974.

Edited by upwarduk

10 hours ago, the mice said:

I think you should post something you do eat and comment to that effect.   I'm sure there are lots of Captain's Club members who don't eat steak/meat/whatever.  Shouldn't be penalized for not cooking this steak.   Perhaps that's a way to send a message to Celebrity about this program.

We just did our weekly shopping and there was no steak in our grocery order.  We have steak at home maybe 3-4 times a year and I don't have photos of them. 😉  Maybe they will get a picture of the crab cakes we make for V-day.    Then let's see if they "deny" the PUP.

I will be submitting a “vegan” version of this recipe to showcase that Captain’s Club members are a diverse group and not everyone eats meat.   I can totally improvise (seitan steak with red wine 🍹).

It’s going to take a bit more effort - but I have until Feb 21st to complete the task!

14 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

I will be submitting a “vegan” version of this recipe to showcase that Captain’s Club members are a diverse group and not everyone eats meat.   I can totally improvise (seitan steak with red wine 🍹).

It’s going to take a bit more effort - but I have until Feb 21st to complete the task!

It appears that you will not receive any PUP's for all that work. And since I don't have a facebook, instagram or twitter account, I couldn't earn those points either, even if I were willing to cook steak that I couldn't eat.  Here are the directions from the Captain's Club email: 

Activity Terms: Earn 30 Power Up Points by completing the following: 1) Click the ‘Start Earning’ link above to provide your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter handle, 2) Follow the recipe and / or video above and post a photo of your culinary creation and 3) Caption your photo with #Cookingwiththeclub and tag @celebritycruises. To qualify, your post must be made under the same Facebook, Instagram or Twitter social media handle you indicated. Ensure your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page is public so we can see your post. Complete all actions by February 21st, 2021. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible member.

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

It appears that you will not receive any PUP's for all that work. And since I don't have a facebook, instagram or twitter account, I couldn't earn those points either, even if I were willing to cook steak that I couldn't eat.  Here are the directions from the Captain's Club email: 

Activity Terms: Earn 30 Power Up Points by completing the following: 1) Click the ‘Start Earning’ link above to provide your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter handle, 2) Follow the recipe and / or video above and post a photo of your culinary creation and 3) Caption your photo with #Cookingwiththeclub and tag @celebritycruises. To qualify, your post must be made under the same Facebook, Instagram or Twitter social media handle you indicated. Ensure your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page is public so we can see your post. Complete all actions by February 21st, 2021. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible member.

In the video (which I have watched), the original audience / guests were asking about substitutions (e.g., avocado oil vs egg for the Caesar dressing, omitting the anchovies, only using black peppercorns since green peppercorns in brine is hard to find, etc.etc.).   In fact, the Chef didn’t even have a NY Strip - she was using a Rib-eye!  so even the video which we are supposed to watch wasn’t *exactly* as per the recipe 😉

I’m still going to try it as I wouldn’t mind learning a new sauce for my seitan entrees.    IF I receive the points, I will certainly share on this thread (in a month’s time) if substitutions were permitted 💫

• Like 1

Slowly it looks like Celebrity is trying to redefine its target audience.  It is discouraging singles from choosing Celebrity.  It is discouraging upper level Captains Club members.  Now, it is discouraging people who choose not to eat steak, be they vegetarian, Hindu, or cardiac patients who are trying to lower their cholesterol.  It seems like a funny way to run a business.🤔

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Slowly it looks like Celebrity is trying to redefine its target audience.  It is discouraging singles from choosing Celebrity.  It is discouraging upper level Captains Club members.  Now, it is discouraging people who choose not to eat steak, be they vegetarian, Hindu, or cardiac patients who are trying to lower their cholesterol.  It seems like a funny way to run a business.🤔

It would have been so easy to have allowed members to share photos of a recent dish of their choice, like @NutsAboutGolf's sous vide chicken breasts or my Instant Pot tortellini soup from Monday:

IMG_2941.thumb.jpeg.01b3e6892cff83f62bb51a9f87a00a3d.jpeg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Well it's not discouraging us at all, so their plan is not working. 😉 😁

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Nope it's not discouraging, solo cruiser here, though once in a while I can get a friend to come along.  Very satisfied Celebrity cruiser!

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

I watched the video and my attempt came out pretty good I'd say 😀

20210213_130017.jpg

Very impressive and nice plating, too.    

I'm still making crab cakes - steak won't be on our menu until after the mounds of snow melt 😁 and we can get to the grill.