Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

Anyone actually seeing the points applied to their account? I filled out the first survey and the latest survey (skipped the social media one) and I'm still sitting at the same point total as before they started the power up program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 39august said:

I think the points are to be applied at the end of each month.

Thanks! The way some people were talking, it sounded like they had already cashed in. I'll keep an eye out in July. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anna5545 said:

Thanks! The way some people were talking, it sounded like they had already cashed in. I'll keep an eye out in July. 🙂

From Celebrity:

 

All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 39august said:

I think the points are to be applied at the end of each month.

 

Click on screenshot below to enlarge (to read) - terms/conditions of earning / posting to account

726811432_ScreenShot2020-06-25at11_22_54AM.png.91193a848f7c38b5cb864d48a56ef016.png

Edited by hvbaskey
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many total points they'll give out?

 

22 minutes ago, anna5545 said:

Thanks! The way some people were talking, it sounded like they had already cashed in. I'll keep an eye out in July. 🙂

 

I think those who were 5 or less points away from the next tier are thrilled to know they get extra perks/benefits on their next cruise

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

People have done what it takes to earn the points but no points have actually been added to anyone’s account

And it wont be until July as has been stated, they are not converted right away, done in one big batch sometime around July 14 they should be appearing as it says on the website.  So if you read the points will be tallied up for June and then applied at towards the end of next month.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 5:34 PM, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We are Elite Plus, but have not received this offer. I wonder how Celebrity chooses who will get the offer to "Power Up". 

We're Elite + also and did get the note...however, I filled in the survey and didn't see any change to our points... I wonder if I'm looking in the wrong place?

 

The survey seemed to be compiling information on our thinking re future cruises...time frame, # of days, preferred destinations.

Edited by oceangoer2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, anna5545 said:

Anyone actually seeing the points applied to their account? I filled out the first survey and the latest survey (skipped the social media one) and I'm still sitting at the same point total as before they started the power up program.

So there's been 3 surveys?  This is captains club promotion;  you'd think they'd be consistent sending them out, unless they're keeping some back not wanting everyone to increase their points too much...LOL?  I've only received one and DH none.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

So there's been 3 surveys?  This is captains club promotion;  you'd think they'd be consistent sending them out, unless they're keeping some back not wanting everyone to increase their points too much...LOL?  I've only received one and DH none.

 

Yes; #1 and #2 gave 2 CC points each and #3 gave 1 CC point.  My best guess is this will be a weekly survey but they'll ultimately cap it or ultimately change the tiers perhaps six months after sailings resume

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

 

Yes; #1 and #2 gave 2 CC points each and #3 gave 1 CC point.  My best guess is this will be a weekly survey but they'll ultimately cap it or ultimately change the tiers perhaps six months after sailings resume

My guess they will run them to they start sailing or announce start up.  It’s a marketing strategy.  Get good info so they know how to target the audience.  I’m fine gets me closer to elite plus.  Hopefully 2022 be there.  All depends 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the Mods should add something to the title, "power up points earned this month won't post until mid month next month".  IMO, people shouldn't be calling X or recommend people call X customer service to waste their time inquiring about seemingly missing points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Perhaps the Mods should add something to the title, "power up points earned this month won't post until mid month next month".  IMO, people shouldn't be calling X or recommend people call X customer service to waste their time inquiring about seemingly missing points.

I agree, there's no need to phone and tie up customer service or others. On the other hand, there have been innumerable posts explaining the timing for posting the points. If people don't bother to read them, or their emails, I'm not sure that including it in the title will really be of much help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Perhaps the Mods should add something to the title, "power up points earned this month won't post until mid month next month".  IMO, people shouldn't be calling X or recommend people call X customer service to waste their time inquiring about seemingly missing points.

I can’t imagine calling X about this...people are easily confused apparently..

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I agree, there's no need to phone and tie up customer service or others. On the other hand, there have been innumerable posts explaining the timing for posting the points. If people don't bother to read them, or their emails, I'm not sure that including it in the title will really be of much help.

 

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I can’t imagine calling X about this...people are easily confused apparently..

 

Title update wouldn't catch everyone yet perhaps it could reduce the calls by at least half.  I also fear that people will call and demand compensation due to the points not posting (in their mind) in a timely manner.  Full disclosure, while most are in the US, I have no idea when points post outside of the US so it's possible the T&Cs are different in other parts of the globe.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
Link to post
Share on other sites

Crystal also has a survey that they sent to selected cruisers. But, unlike Celebrity they have a person from the company monitoring and responding on the Crystal board. They gave a contact number for anyone who wants to get a survey to get a survey. Personally,  I get enough surveys and passed on this one as I would also pass on points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who are posting the link to each online survey on this post (GaryI69, crusin in mn). KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! I have subscribed to Celebrity a few days after its commencement and have yet to receive any online surveys. Can someone post the 2nd survey link or has it past the date of completion? I realize there is a narrow window to complete it in order to achieve the power-up points. I will take any points I can get to achieve the next level. Also, IMHO, its informative for corp. to know where their loyal passengers' opinion stand as we await eagerly for CDC and CLIA to lift the "NO SAIL ORDER"  and how they can gauge amenities/benefits for returning/new passengers to cruise again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...