Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

Just had an email arrive for 20 PUPs titled "Power Up Points is Turning One!" It's a 12 question quiz Europe and Alaska quiz. The email also contains the 50 PUP seminar invite.

Got the same email with the opportunity to catch up on all Power Up point promotions that I didn't complete. Took a while but I snagged 160 Power up Points. Elite + is getting closer!!

• Like 1

Sorry, I posted that you could watch the upcoming webinar, but see that someone already posted that.  

My CC emails are coming a bit late.   Now I need to look out for the email "PUP is turning one", although I think we did all the ones that didn't require booking or sailing, except for the first social media activity where they put in the wrong Twitter handle.

PUP offer.jpg

Edited by the mice

I haven't received "Power Up Points is Turning One".   I only got "You're Invited to Celebrate with the CEO" that offered 50 PUP for attending the Apex Greece webinar.  I wonder what I have to do to qualify for the Europe and Alaska 20 PUP?  I need all the points I can get.

16 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Did it list out all the ones you missed specifically?  Mine only references one, Apex.

I didn’t participate early on so it looks like they are allowing people to catch up on specifically the ones they missed.

I typically don’t chase cruise line loyalty but between the double points from June and PUP’s it was a nice little boost. 

• Thanks 1

My "PUP catch-up" e-mail offer was to watch the Apex Webinar. The first time it was offered, we (my wife and I) registered for the Webinar and joined it at the beginning, but had some transmission issues (our connection, not Celebrity's problem). Our signal dropped after about 15 - 20 minutes, but we got it back and rejoined near the end. 

I was under the impression, based solely on my increasingly-unreliable memory, that we had received the PUPs for attending, but perhaps not - since they are offering it to us as a catch-up. I'll probably watch it because why not, then see if they add the 50 PUPs.

It is really irrelevant as far as my need for CC points is concerned. Through the PUP activities, we added enough CC points to put us over the Elite qualifying threshold and there is little likelihood of moving up to Elite Plus from PUPs.

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Based on what I'm seeing others post, I think they sent emails to people who hadn't completed something.  I thought I'd done them all but, nope, missed the one in the email that was sent to me.

In my view, they sent the e-mail to those to whom they did not award the points originally.  I watched both of the videos included in my e-mail.  Apparently never got the points.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

In my view, they sent the e-mail to those to whom they did not award the points originally.  I watched both of the videos included in my e-mail.  Apparently never got the points.

Same here, I had already watched both videos.  I hope they aren't sending this to everyone.  Waste of time to watch twice if the points were already awarded.

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We got this PUP this afternoon:

860DEDBC-BCA4-4212-B3A5-A0070ABA724B.jpeg

so cute!  Thx for sharing this photo.

I didn’t get the PUP is one email and have missed a few events.  Did this email go to everyone including people in Canada?

• Like 1

Got to love it when you answer all the PUP questions 'correctly' based on the Celebrity port destination info and they say "So Close! Unfortunately, you did not answer all questions correctly."

I guess some questions have to be interpreted loosely ... if anyone got stuck on the Icy Strait/Seward/Ephesus/Koper quiz, I kept a record of the correct responses (assuming Celebrity isn't randomizing the questions).

Edited by BulldustHHH

On 7/24/2021 at 4:44 AM, cruise kitty said:

another 7 points snagged...at this rate I'll hit zenith when I'm 90 lol 😉 

Just curious. With the current Always Included pricing the only benefit of moving from Elite to Elite+ is 1 bag of laundry per person. Yes the points help if they get you to Elite - 1 bag of laundry and the Elite breskfast - but it still seems a lot of effort.

15 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Just curious. With the current Always Included pricing the only benefit of moving from Elite to Elite+ is 1 bag of laundry per person. Yes the points help if they get you to Elite - 1 bag of laundry and the Elite breskfast - but it still seems a lot of effort.

But some people really like that bag of laundry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carnevale said:

so cute!  Thx for sharing this photo.

I didn’t get the PUP is one email and have missed a few events.  Did this email go to everyone including people in Canada?

I didn't get it in the US. I did skip a fre of the activities. 

10 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

Got to love it when you answer all the PUP questions 'correctly' based on the Celebrity port destination info and they say "So Close! Unfortunately, you did not answer all questions correctly."

I guess some questions have to be interpreted loosely ... if anyone got stuck on the Icy Strait/Seward/Ephesus/Koper quiz, I kept a record of the correct responses (assuming Celebrity isn't randomizing the questions).

I’m having trouble on the last question RE distance between Koper and Caves

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

Still a lowly Elite 😉 would have made E+ if not for cancelled cruises over the last 2 years, however, it's not the extra bag of laundry I'm after (although will be nice)  it's the perks when something goes wrong.   For example, when  Noro hit the Solstice really bad in 2017, multiple cruises were affected....  boarding the ship in Auckland was affected in the extreme, as they had to do a total disinfection of the ship... even though we were staying at a hotel where we literally could have tossed our luggage onto the ship, we instead had to drag our luggage across town, & then make ourselves busy until our assigned boarding time, with about 3 hours that day spent in lines...  E+ & above avoided all of this, were allowed to drop off luggage at pier, & board earlier with no lines..  rest of the cruise was lovely, & one of the best, but we could have avoided a lot of frustration & exhaustion had we been E+    🙂

We are new to the Power up Points scheme and signed up after reading about it here on CC.

One of us has just had an email detailing 6 ways (3 to watch and 3 quizzes) to earn a total of 210 PUPs. No idea why we didn’t both get the email.🤷🏼‍♀️ Will need to see if we can both sign in to same link and provide our CC numbers.

33 minutes ago, NaplesKnitter said:

I’m having trouble on the last question RE distance between Koper and Caves

45 minutes I believe.

8 minutes ago, TraderSam said:

We are new to the Power up Points scheme and signed up after reading about it here on CC.

One of us has just had an email detailing 6 ways (3 to watch and 3 quizzes) to earn a total of 210 PUPs. No idea why we didn’t both get the email.🤷🏼‍♀️ Will need to see if we can both sign in to same link and provide our CC numbers.

Just click the link and change the CC# at the top for the quiz. For the webinars it tells you to provide multiple CC#'s in the blank field if you need to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

45 minutes I believe.

Just click the link and change the CC# at the top for the quiz. For the webinars it tells you to provide multiple CC#'s in the blank field if you need to.

@Jeremiah1212 fabulous! Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Can you give me an indication as to how long it takes for the points to show up?