Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

A problem with this and prior webinars is that because I watch this on a Mac, literally about once every second, the screen gets dark and then immediately gets brighter again and it fades from bright to dark continuously during the entire session.

The reason that it’s doing that is it’s trying to show me the icon for full screen and it also shows me the icon for the speaker or mute, but I cannot stop it from cycling from bright to dim over and over and over again.  Clicking on the full screen icon does not improve the situation, so it makes it very difficult to watch this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I am watching this, I am reminded, and not in a good way, of undergraduate courses.

And I contrasted, in my mind, to watching Brent Nixon, the excellent naturalist on Alaska cruises, who entertained and educated simultaneously.

How can we get Celebrity to put him on as the next webinar?

20 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

A problem with this and prior webinars is that because I watch this on a Mac, literally about once every second, the screen gets dark and then immediately gets brighter again and it fades from bright to dark continuously during the entire session.

The reason that it’s doing that is it’s trying to show me the icon for full screen and it also shows me the icon for the speaker or mute, but I cannot stop it from cycling from bright to dim over and over and over again.  Clicking on the full screen icon does not improve the situation, so it makes it very difficult to watch this.

Same here.  Very distracting 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

As I am watching this, I am reminded, and not in a good way, of undergraduate courses.

And I contrasted, in my mind, to watching Brent Nixon, the excellent naturalist on Alaska cruises, who entertained and educated simultaneously.

How can we get Celebrity to put him on as the next webinar?

We couldn't agree more!

As a retiree who used to do presentations like this, Brent would be fabulous!

We just sent a note off to the Questions and Comments email for these webinars:
captainsclubwebinars@celebrity.com

Maybe if more folks suggested it, it would happen.

Regards,

Bill

Just so you guys can see how annoying Celebrity's fading in and out can be on Mac, I've recorded a short clip.  Sounds like I'm not the only one having this issue. 

For the record, I did move the cursor to various positions, including in the extreme corners, and it didn't improve the situation.  The fading in and out got better or worse depending on the content displayed on the screen.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Thanks 1

I also experienced the light/dark fluctuation throughout, but the sound was fine. So still some technical issues, but overall an improvement over past webinars. The content I found to be very basic with little or no linkage to Celebrity. The section dealing with food waste in particular provided a massive opportunity to discuss what Celebrity is doing, but...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just so you guys can see how annoying Celebrity's fading in and out can be on Mac, I've recorded a short clip.  Sounds like I'm not the only one having this issue. 

For the record, I did move the cursor to various positions, including in the extreme corners, and it didn't improve the situation.  The fading in and out got better or worse depending on the content displayed on the screen.

Same goes for my MacBook and iPad.  Has been on each webinar I watched.  Sad technology team.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Daneenm said:

Same goes for my MacBook and iPad.  Has been on each webinar I watched.  Sad technology team.

Seems to be an Apple problem.  I've watched the last number of webinars on Android tablet, phone and PC without any technical issues. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Let’s hope that quality has improved. I have 3 grandchildren who completed their University life on line in the last 18 months.

One had a refresher course of Clinical skills last week, before she goes into hospital work.

Edited by upwarduk

I was reviewing my Power Up Points for the past couple of months and noticed that the July 29 Webinar with the CEO was not posted to my account.  I had taken the option of watching the webinar at a later date (before 8/11) b/c I was unavailable to watch it live.  I contacted the Captain's Club dept. and asked about the missing points.  I was informed that since I had not watched the webinar "live" but still viewed it within the deadline date, I had to reach out to them to have the points posted.  The rep agreed that nowhere on the webinar info/registration/confirmation emails did it state that I needed to contact Captain's Club to have the PUPs added to  my account.  All good now as the PUPs have been added.  Just putting this out there for anyone else who was not aware of the fine (aka missing) print.