Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Just now, mahasamatman said:

The lesson that teaches people don't follow directions?

No, the lesson that fill-in-the-blank questions don't work very well if the answers all need to be capitalized and devoid of spaces and entered with one's head cocked just the right way and with your left foot raised at just the right height and angle.

No sense in that. I didn't have any trouble with it, for some reason, but many folks were inputting the right answer but not getting credit. 

17 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

No, the lesson that fill-in-the-blank questions don't work very well if the answers all need to be capitalized and devoid of spaces and entered with one's head cocked just the right way and with your left foot raised at just the right height and angle.

They do as long as you supply the answers as provided by Celebrity. It's when people tried to "wing it" that they failed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

They do as long as you supply the answers as provided by Celebrity. It's when people tried to "wing it" that they failed.

That seems unnecessarily harsh. And as wrong as it can be.

For example, the text Celebrity provides says "financial district" yet the correct answer was Financial District. The problem with the fill in the blank was that they made it case and whitespace significant. Therefore, you have to match exactly whatever someone put in when the set up the test, which as we see may or may not match the provided verbiage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

That wasn't true.  In fact, many copied and pasted answers but to no avail.

41 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

By the way, I've registered and listened to two webcasts and answered three quizzes over several months and have yet to see any new points show up.

I'm still trying to figure out why some got points added a few days ago while others did not.

I booked an excursion, which should have given me points, and also watched the Cruise with the CEO video 3 times (technical issues though).  Not sure what those recent points that some got were for, or why others, like me, didn't get them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Not sure what those recent points that some got were for, or why others, like me, didn't get them.

Nobody's been able to tell for sure when the excursion points post, so it could have been those. I also believe there have periodically been points for booking hotels and cruises.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I'm still trying to figure out why some got points added a few days ago while others did not.

I booked an excursion, which should have given me points, and also watched the Cruise with the CEO video 3 times (technical issues though).  Not sure what those recent points that some got were for, or why others, like me, didn't get them.

Just a guess, but you didn't get the PUPs for booking a cruise until after you actually went on it. It might be the same rules apply for getting points for booking an excursion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kathynorth said:

The link provided in my PUPs email doesn't work. 

I can't seem to find the email to send an inquiry specific to PUPs. Does anyone know what this is?

Oops, turns out it was my virus protection software. The link worked on my ipad.

• Like 3

On 6/8/2022 at 1:09 PM, DCPIV said:

That wasn't true.  In fact, many copied and pasted answers but to no avail.

So have I and collected points each time.  The answers need to be exact.  When I put them in and I get an error message I resubmit changing an error I made or realized they wanted a word to be capitalized.

If they webinars and quizzes are frustrating then don't do them.  Since Captain's Club points have much less value with AI fares; only those close to a new level should bother.  

Elite to Elite plus is mostly a second bag of laundry and a few more high speed internet minutes.  Not a big deal

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

So have I and collected points each time.  The answers need to be exact.  When I put them in and I get an error message I resubmit changing an error I made or realized they wanted a word to be capitalized.

If they webinars and quizzes are frustrating then don't do them.  Since Captain's Club points have much less value with AI fares; only those close to a new level should bother.  

Elite to Elite plus is mostly a second bag of laundry and a few more high speed internet minutes.  Not a big deal

DH and I have done mostly all of the activities and viewed webinars with the exception of booking cruises, excursions, hotels or spa appointments. We have each received 100 points to date since the inception of PUP. Thanks X. All of the activities have been pretty quick and easy and no one forced X to offer them or us to participate. 

Lucky  those of you who have gained 5 points for booking shore excursions. We were never sent the email in the Uk and even though I sent an email to UK Captain’s Club, expressing my disappointment that we are treated unequally, i e had no reply.🙈

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Lucky  those of you who have gained 5 points for booking shore excursions. We were never sent the email in the Uk and even though I sent an email to UK Captain’s Club, expressing my disappointment that we are treated unequally, i e had no reply.🙈

That is too bad. You must be close to Elite plus

9 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

WooHooo, me too.  I think this was 5 for the last travel webinar and 5 for booking a shore excursion.  In any case,  I've made it to Elite Plus.   😀

I received my five for the webinar as well which also put me over into E+ on Celebrity and Discover+ on Azamara. They're still co-earning.

Guess I can stop this now that I reached 750 club points.  I'll never get to Zenith at three tiimes the number of E+ points required.

BTW I didn't actually listen to the webinar.  I had my speakers turned off. Just let it play. lol

• Like 1