Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

14 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I agree.  I just finished the quiz.  It is very difficult to develop a marketing oriented True/False question where "False" is a correct and useful answer.

I’ve got two topical questions for the quiz:

Do people who post answers to the quiz on Cruise Critic realise that they are spoiling it for the rest of us? True or False.

Are those who are using these answers and not bothering to even make a little effort cheats? Yes or No.

X

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

I’ve got two topical questions for the quiz:

Do people who post answers to the quiz on Cruise Critic realise that they are spoiling it for the rest of us? True or False.

Are those who are using these answers and not bothering to even make a little effort cheats? Yes or No.

X

No one is spoiling anything by posting answers. If you want to do the quiz by reading the marketing material, do it, no one is stopping you. If you don't, don't. Maybe this whole, IMHO, silly issue could be put to rest by X renaming the activity and calling it something other than a "quiz" which harkens back to school days for some. It's not like the cruise line will call your check-in incomplete if you don't complete the quiz or are caught "cheating." I need to cruise to chill from all this hubbub!🤣

• Like 3

16 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

I have the EXACT same question as you - it would be awesome to get to Classic 'pre-cruise'!  Hopefully me quoting this will bump it up to someone who might know.  

This is not a good answer, just something to consider. The club terms say this (emphasis mine):

Your Captain's Club membership falls into one of six tiers: Preview (prior to sailing), Classic (after first completed cruise), Select (after earning 150 Club Points), Elite (after earning 300 Club Points), Elite Plus (after earning 750 Club Points) and Zenith (after earning 3,000 Club Points). After you complete qualifying sailings, your membership will automatically advance to the applicable membership level. You will enjoy your new membership benefits on the sailing after you reach the next membership level.

This was probably written before you could get points any way other than sailing. But it certainly gives them the opportunity to deny benefits until someone has completed one sailing. Celebrity probably sees the advantage of granting benefits such that even first-time cruisers have some sense of belonging.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

I don't care enough to have to actually speak to a person...over the phone.  *shiver*.  I'd rather ask strangers on a public message board. Life in the 21st Century, eh? 

...🤣 OK, how about some cheese to go with your whine while you wait here for a WAG! 🤣

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

I don't care enough to have to actually speak to a person...over the phone.  *shiver*.  I'd rather ask strangers on a public message board. Life in the 21st Century, eh? 

You've come to the right place.  No one knows more than the "experts" we have on CC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

But it certainly gives them the opportunity to deny benefits until someone has completed one sailing.

They could also deny benefits by claiming that Power Up opportunities aren't "earning". But they're not going to.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dv70 said:

100% Yes. I have yet to take my first Celebrity cruise, and solely via the PUP program, I am Classic with 64 points.

Awesome!  I just want to get 10 more points so I can get 10% off my premium drink upgrade haha.  I think I can make it - I cruise in October.  Will be watching this thread for more chances as sometimes my emails get buried in promotion land and I miss them.

14 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

They could also deny benefits by claiming that Power Up opportunities aren't "earning". But they're not going to.

What I stand to get from this is saving a whopping $18.00 on my premium drink upgrade, so I don't think I'm asking for much haha.  TBH I deserve it, because when I tried to upgrade to premium back in February after they cancelled my original Infinity cruise since they moved the ship to the Caribbean, I had to do lift/shift to Celebrity Edge (which in the end I'm not complaining about at all), the agent tried to reprice my entire cruise with the premium package and told me it would cost an additional $3000 something per person if I wanted to upgrade.  LOL as if.  I'd expect Dom Perignon all cruise for that price.

I've come to realise that she was super wrong and that should never have happened but I didn't bother calling back.... in the meantime they've increased the price of the premium package upgrade too, so yeah, I'll do all the quizzes in the world to claw back that $18 now that I've made my final payment.   

42 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Meaning what?  That the only points that count are sailing points?  I guess I’ll know in about two weeks.  

14 hours ago, malted muse said:

interesting idea.  If that is the case I might open an account for my grandchildren and do the quizzes on their behalf - by the time they get to my age they could be zenith without even going on a cruise 😂

Won't work. For whatever absolutely inane reason, you have to be at least 18yrs old to be given a Captain's Club membership. But, they do credit them with past cruises.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:52 AM, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

I got it and took the quiz and got the PU point(s).  I have a weird question that I couldn't find the answer to in the T&C for the promo.  I'm currently "preview" as I've never sailed Celebrity before (have one scheduled in March).  If I take at least 2 PU and they transfer as 2 points to the CC, does that mean I move from preview to classic?  Or does that only happen after my cruise?  

We have not cruised on X yet and I have 45 status points and am in the Classic level.  So, by my experience, the answer is yes!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

Won't work. For whatever absolutely inane reason, you have to be at least 18yrs old to be given a Captain's Club membership. But, they do credit them with past cruises.

what if I lied about their age - a baby wearing a flat cap and a fake moustache ... it could work.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JUST TRIPPIN' said:

Received another point today.  Hard to remember what they are for anymore. 🤔

For the Caribbean quiz which I took 8 th June. 
However, I have not been credited with a point.

Looks like I will be chasing that if it’s not been credited in the morning.

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

For the Caribbean quiz which I took 8 th June. 
However, I have not been credited with a point.

Looks like I will be chasing that if it’s not been credited in the morning.

Obviously an overnight delay for UK residents- the point has now been added.🤗