Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

9 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Today's PUP is available for registration DIRECTLY on the Celebrity website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-september-2020

Some folks received an email invitation but Celebrity seems to be opening this one up to everyone who wants to or is eligible to register via the above link.  I did a google search and found it.  It is probably going to be posted in the Captain's club newsletter for September.  Those go out in email as well.  

Thanks for providing the link.  I don't get the e-mails about the newsletters either.  I have to remember to go and check on them periodically and my memory is not exactly reliable these days.  😄

19 minutes ago, downsmead said:

Not received the email or September newsletter 🤷‍♀️😔
in addition my Captains Club shows August as being my most recent newsletter!

Out of interest, has anyone else in the UK received this?

We just received the September Newsletter this morning 🙂
Perhaps yours is still on its way...

At first I thought maybe I hadn't received it because I've already done a Galapagos trip...

Or maybe they saw the 43 nights of cruising I already have booked in the next 300 days and figured they wouldn't be able to sell me another cruise that soon...

But, then, I finally got the newsletter this morning.  So, I signed up...Now, I'll be just 1,841 points away from Zenith!!

If I cruise three weeks a year in Concierge or Aqua cabins only, I'll now get there by the age of 85.  If I can only afford Veranda cabins, I can still make it there by the age of 96...If I really have to stretch my retirement money and settle for OV cabins, I'll be Zenith by the age of 111...

Of course, a few more of these free point opportunities, and it could cut that target age all the way back to 110!!!

for those of you jumping quickly to Elite, you'll now get there just in time to see them discontinue the Elite Drinking Lounge due to having too many Elites!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I`m also in UK. I have the Sept newsletter but it doesn't`t show the Power Up advertisement.

Perhaps, because of the time difference when the webinar is broadcast, it  isn't a UK offer for points?

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

I am in the UK and have only received one email with a Power Up Points ☹️

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

Good Morning  --  for those who did not receive an invite/e-mail for the Galapagos PUP...
There is a link on today's September Captain's Club Newsletter:

image.png.d8adba456622ae753026aa8ebcd96ec2.png

Thank you for posting this which caused us to look again at the newsletter. Only this time we went all the way to the end, and sure enough, there it was. We are now registered and ready to hear all about the Galapagos! We’ve been there once before on the Xpedition, but would definitely love to go again on the Flora once the prices come down a little.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Why jump to that conclusion, gerelmx?

August 3 Activities : 1) individual's  vacation habits 10 PUP,  2) FB captains club haqppy hour 20 PUP  and 3) Book a Cruise NO point unless you book one

September only 2 activities : 1) Greek island questions 20 PUP and 2) Book one Alaska cruise,  NO points unless you book one

October 15 webinar 50 PUP, that's enough for one month

Edited by gerelmx

This is the NON-PERSONALIZED link, which is for everyone to sign up for the webinar: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4498385053345821196

Afterwards, you'll receive an e-mail with a PERSONALIZED link, which should not be shared with others.

The webinar is on October 15, 2020 at 6pm ET.

It doesn't ask for your place of residence, so I took the chance and signed up. Will see mid-November if I'm up 5 CC points or not.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone else concerned about this wording from the Celebrity website, that was referenced by the Power Up points email sent out today?  I don't know if I am reading too much into it, but it implies needing reservations for activities, shows, and even dining (it does NOT specify specialty dining).  Is this part of the new "normal"?  I'm also concerned about the scheduled arrival times as it is sometimes hard to do that depending on flights, or depending when your hotel insists you check out.  Don't want a 4:00pm arrival time and an 11:00 am checkout time!  Seems to me to be just moving the crowding from the pier to the cruise popular hotel lobbies!  Thoughts?

"View and reserve onboard activities, entertainment shows, dining, and shore excursions with the touch of your finger."

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Is anyone else concerned about this wording from the Celebrity website, that was referenced by the Power Up points email sent out today?  Thoughts?

"View and reserve onboard activities, entertainment shows, dining, and shore excursions with the touch of your finger."

I believe Alfred E. Newman summed up my feelings perfectly.

"What?  Me worry? "    😎

Edited by Texed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Is anyone else concerned about this wording from the Celebrity website, that was referenced by the Power Up points email sent out today?  I don't know if I am reading too much into it, but it implies needing reservations for activities, shows, and even dining (it does NOT specify specialty dining).  Is this part of the new "normal"?  I'm also concerned about the scheduled arrival times as it is sometimes hard to do that depending on flights, or depending when your hotel insists you check out.  Don't want a 4:00pm arrival time and an 11:00 am checkout time!  Seems to me to be just moving the crowding from the pier to the cruise popular hotel lobbies!  Thoughts?

Seriously??  Yes, you are reading WAY too much into that line...

There are lots of things you have long been able to reserve ahead of time--obviously specialty restaurants and shore excursions...but also "anytime" dining, spa services,  and more.  This language just says you CAN both VIEW and RESERVE many things via the X website...It has NOTHING to do with embarkation and disembarkation times...nor does it force anyone to hang around their hotel lobby or anywhere else.  Ships will always embark and disembark based on what they need to do to fit into their schedules.  If you have concerns that timeframes change due to the pandemic (if we cruise at all), then I'd just build extra cushion into your arrangements.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I'm not concerned, but Imo, when cruising resumes, there will be a requirement for guests to “book” a specific time for activities and shows in the different venues so that social distancing will not be a problem. X may “assign” a time to guests for boarding at the pier, for the same reason. It will be necessary in the beginning, as they will need to proceed with caution. They can’t afford to mess things up when cruising resumes. These things will only be temporary.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Today's PUP is available for registration DIRECTLY on the Celebrity website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-september-2020

Some folks received an email invitation but Celebrity seems to be opening this one up to everyone who wants to or is eligible to register via the above link.  I did a google search and found it.  It is probably going to be posted in the Captain's club newsletter for September.  Those go out in email as well.  

So much for them shutting down the program because only email recipients can apply, eh?

On 9/30/2020 at 7:16 PM, downsmead said:

Downsmead

The newsletter came on30/09/20 and I have just had the invitation to take part in the Galapagos Power Up points at 10 pm, 02/10/20( date format is UK).

• Like 1