Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Book bug said:

Interesting, I had a different email but for only 20 PUP.  Had to click to watch video on Galapagos adventures then take quiz by 6 Oct if perfect score get the 20 PUP

Could you share the link? The links for the quizzes/surveys are not personal if you need to fill in the Captain's Club number somewhere on the page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Book bug said:

Interesting, I had a different email but for only 20 PUP.  Had to click to watch video on Galapagos adventures then take quiz by 6 Oct if perfect score get the 20 PUP

Yes, the 20 power up points was the email invitation I received, never have seen the 50 point one to participate in the webinar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received an email this Wednesday morning for 20 Power Up Points for correctly completing a 12-question multiple-choice quiz on X ports:

 

  • Icy Strait Point, Alaska, USA
  • Seward, Alaska, USA
  • Ephesus, TUR
  • Koper, SVN

Deadline: October 11, 2020

 

Port Info Link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports

 

Quiz Link (you'll need to enter your own Captain's Club #): https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=6e64469a2ed24382091210f736cdd2f3b7932f72816cfae2cfd9dd9a58825d5a36ecf80408ac360359e9accd8f5563ea417df8577f219a52a643fcc3100f8689087e60238793bbdbbdd37b00c6e7c977e4686d8f0d0d93e54e6c78e463732e26fe76154f8980edc7a4cfb6c8e1fc5d87e986341d0a39234f3eeaf30344915e81

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EvoUSA said:

I just received an email this Wednesday morning for 20 Power Up Points for correctly completing a 12-question multiple-choice quiz on X ports:

 

  • Icy Strait Point, Alaska, USA
  • Seward, Alaska, USA
  • Ephesus, TUR
  • Koper, SVN

Deadline: October 11, 2020

 

Yes  

Have just done mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the quick guide for answers

 

1 – Icy Strait Point is the only privately-owned Alaska cruise destination. It is owned by ______.

  Huna Totem Corporation
     

2 – In what year did the first cruise ship visit Icy Strait Point?
     
  2004
     

3 – What kinds of excursions are available in Icy Strait Point?
     
  All of the above

Seward, Alaska:

4 – The Kenai Fjords in Seward Alaska features nearly _____ glaciers.
     
  40

5 – For an awesome hiking experience in Seward Alaska, you can head up the Harding Icefield Trail and hike the _____ mile trail. How long is the trail (one way)?
  4.1
     

6 – Off coast fishing is a popular activity in Seward Alaska. What type of fish is the main catch in the summer months?
     
  Silver salmon
     

Ephesus, Turkey:

7 – Ephesus has been a hub for ______ throughout its history.
     
  All of the above

8 – Ephesus, home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, is known for its significance in early _________.
     
  Christianity
     

9 – Top sights and attractions in Ephesus include _____________.
     
  All of the above

Koper, Slovenia

10 – Koper, Slovenia is a historic port city with major ________ vibes.
     
  Venice
     

11 – Just a quick walk from the Koper cruise terminal, you’ll find ___________ which features Venetian architecture with a Mediterranean feel.
     
  Tito Square
     

12 – The Postojna Caves are located just ______ outside of Koper.
  45 minutes
     
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Here is the quick guide for answers

 

1 – Icy Strait Point is the only privately-owned Alaska cruise destination. It is owned by ______.

    Huna Totem Corporation
     

2 – In what year did the first cruise ship visit Icy Strait Point?
     
    2004
     

3 – What kinds of excursions are available in Icy Strait Point?
     
    All of the above

Seward, Alaska:

4 – The Kenai Fjords in Seward Alaska features nearly _____ glaciers.
     
    40

5 – For an awesome hiking experience in Seward Alaska, you can head up the Harding Icefield Trail and hike the _____ mile trail. How long is the trail (one way)?
    4.1
     

6 – Off coast fishing is a popular activity in Seward Alaska. What type of fish is the main catch in the summer months?
     
    Silver salmon
     

Ephesus, Turkey:

7 – Ephesus has been a hub for ______ throughout its history.
     
    All of the above

8 – Ephesus, home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, is known for its significance in early _________.
     
    Christianity
     

9 – Top sights and attractions in Ephesus include _____________.
     
    All of the above

Koper, Slovenia

10 – Koper, Slovenia is a historic port city with major ________ vibes.
     
    Venice
     

11 – Just a quick walk from the Koper cruise terminal, you’ll find ___________ which features Venetian architecture with a Mediterranean feel.
     
    Tito Square
     

12 – The Postojna Caves are located just ______ outside of Koper.
    45 minutes
     

You really should not give the answers. This is about getting people interested in these cruises , not cheating! I did mine the proper way

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

@Sayuil

If you read the description of the ports you will find all the answers easily, I do not agree that the answers are posted in the forum

 

 

That's how I found all the answers, I just posted these answers just so that if someone is unable to find answer to some questions as some of them have been worded to trick people like the one for the Trail length.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

That's how I found all the answers, I just posted these answers just so that if someone is unable to find answer to some questions as some of them have been worded to trick people like the one for the Trail length.

If people READ the articles, they will find the answers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy two CC points.  The answers only took a few minutes to find.  And actually the Slovenia port is really interesting will do more research into.  Not on the bucket list yet but might be an add on for another I have.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

This trivia allowed me to know more about Alaska by reading about the ports, I have in my plans to book a cruise in the Eclipse for May 2022 after the Millennium B2B (Panama Canal and Pacific Coast)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked reading about the ports and answering the questions. 

I think it is an interesting and fun way to keep involved with Celebrity while there isn't any cruising.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sayuil said:

That's how I found all the answers, I just posted these answers just so that if someone is unable to find answer to some questions as some of them have been worded to trick people like the one for the Trail length.

It's a nice thing to do, people just like to complain about everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

You really should not give the answers. This is about getting people interested in these cruises , not cheating! I did mine the proper way

Perhaps you should not have quoted the post when you feel that way.

Yes, I agree with Sayuil that there were trick questions like the one about the length of the trail which I got wrong the first time.  I used to have a teacher who said READ the question!!  i could just hear him again.

I thought the last question was stupid.  I know in the write up it stated the time and not the miles but doesn't the time depend on how fast the vehicle is going?

I do so hope the cruising famine doesn't last long enough for me to reach Zenith this way..........the answer to that one is forever...................

 

Edited by TeaBag
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I can’t believe that someone would provide answers on this site.  It’s the thin end of the wedge. Captains Club quiz followed by SAT questions, then the GRE‘s, and LS A.T.. Really where does it stop.

 

Answers are posted here every quiz, sometimes even multiple forum members post the answers.  Personally, I'd be more surprised if the answers weren't posted by someone.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EvoUSA said:

I just received an email this Wednesday morning for 20 Power Up Points for correctly completing a 12-question multiple-choice quiz on X ports

As always, thanks for providing the link!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that once we've done all this silly stuff they'll raise the number of points we need to reach the next level?  😉

I don't think so, but I do think that once we start sailing again this program will fade away.  Its done something to keep people interested, talking, doing some free advertising and in some cases learning about new places, but the points I've earned so far are way less than I would have earned if I would have been sailing so they've already delayed my ability to reach the next level.  If they raise those markers it would be like a double penalty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...