Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

9 hours ago, EvoUSA said:

I just received an email this Wednesday morning for 20 Power Up Points for correctly completing a 12-question multiple-choice quiz on X ports:

• Icy Strait Point, Alaska, USA
  • Seward, Alaska, USA
  • Ephesus, TUR
  • Koper, SVN

Deadline: October 11, 2020

Port Info Link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports

Quiz Link (you'll need to enter your own Captain's Club #): https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=6e64469a2ed24382091210f736cdd2f3b7932f72816cfae2cfd9dd9a58825d5a36ecf80408ac360359e9accd8f5563ea417df8577f219a52a643fcc3100f8689087e60238793bbdbbdd37b00c6e7c977e4686d8f0d0d93e54e6c78e463732e26fe76154f8980edc7a4cfb6c8e1fc5d87e986341d0a39234f3eeaf30344915e81

8 hours ago, Sayuil said:

That's how I found all the answers, I just posted these answers just so that if someone is unable to find answer to some questions as some of them have been worded to trick people like the one for the Trail length.

Thanks. Anytime I feel guilty that someone has given me the answers and I'm not working with Celebrity in the right sprit, I think how long it took them to get me my refund - then my conscience is cleared!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Beach Ball said:

Thank you EVOUSA for posting the new PUP.  I've tried four times to get Celebrity to send them to me.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness ❤️.

Glad to help! One step closer to Zenith for all of us. (I have about 2,995 steps to go.) 🙂

I hope Celebrity (eventually) fixes their systems so that you (and others) actually receive the emails. In addition the nights; some of the emails are actually decent marketing. I knew next to nothing about Koper this morning, and it does sound like an interesting place to visit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/7/2020 at 10:25 AM, EvoUSA said:

I just received an email this Wednesday morning for 20 Power Up Points for correctly completing a 12-question multiple-choice quiz on X ports:

• Icy Strait Point, Alaska, USA
  • Seward, Alaska, USA
  • Ephesus, TUR
  • Koper, SVN

Deadline: October 11, 2020

Port Info Link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports

Quiz Link (you'll need to enter your own Captain's Club #): https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=6e64469a2ed24382091210f736cdd2f3b7932f72816cfae2cfd9dd9a58825d5a36ecf80408ac360359e9accd8f5563ea417df8577f219a52a643fcc3100f8689087e60238793bbdbbdd37b00c6e7c977e4686d8f0d0d93e54e6c78e463732e26fe76154f8980edc7a4cfb6c8e1fc5d87e986341d0a39234f3eeaf30344915e81

Thanks for sharing the link.  I've received the previous opportunities, but did not get this one.  Obviously the gremlins in Celebrity's IT system are alive and well!  Continuing to slouch slowly, very slowly, toward Zenith.

I tried 3 times before giving up...so I for one, appreciate the answers! What I READ said Halibut not silver salmon, and two different numbers for the glaciers...and another one I was sure of but was wrong and didn't even know it.  And then the trick question.. HALF of trail number.  I am most assuredly out of practice on TEST TAKING. 

24 minutes ago, 39august said:

I never could find any info for Koper in my e-mail. So thanks for the answers. Easy to get the others. 

Follow the "View Celebrity Ports" in your email, page down to the European ports, and continue down through the alphabetical list. Careful though, because Celebrity lists "Olympia (Katakolon), Greece" ahead of "Koper, Slovenia". Where ports and the city to be visited are some distance apart, Celebrity opts to list the entry as "city (port), country", as with "Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy", but still uses the actual port name for the alphabetical listing. 

29 minutes ago, spiritkat090909 said:

I tried 3 times before giving up...so I for one, appreciate the answers! What I READ said Halibut not silver salmon, and two different numbers for the glaciers...and another one I was sure of but was wrong and didn't even know it.  And then the trick question.. HALF of trail number.  I am most assuredly out of practice on TEST TAKING. 

As Fouremco said if you followed the link in the email to Celebrity Ports the information was easily found.  Took about 10 minutes maximum.

38 minutes ago, spiritkat090909 said:

These are directly from Celebrity's website: Questions in reverse color, answers from the link in italics. 

Off coast fishing is a popular activity in Seward Alaska. What type of fish is the main catch in the summer months

Fishing Off the Coast of Seward

Fishing is a very big industry in Alaska in general, and particularly in Seward. The city has a significantly sized charter fishing fleet to take cruise guests out to Resurrection Bay for a day of some of the best angling in the Kenai Peninsula area. Silver salmon are a main catch in the summer months between July and August, but anglers also visit Seward for king salmon and halibut fishing.

For an awesome hiking experience in Seward Alaska, you can head up the Harding Icefield Trail and hike the _____ mile trail. How long is the trail (one way)?

The Kenai Fjords in Seward Alaska features nearly _____ glaciers

Exit Glacier Visitor Center

If a healthy, invigorating hike is your idea of true Alaskan experience, head up the Harding Icefield Trail – located within Kenai Fjords National Park – and hike the 4.1 mile trail (8.2 miles round-trip). Once you reach the top, you’ll be rewarded for your hard work with breathtaking views of Harding Icefield and the nearly 40 surrounding glaciers.

I added the underline for emphasis.

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 5:25 PM, EvoUSA said:

Glad to help! One step closer to Zenith for all of us. (I have about 2,995 steps to go.) 🙂

Thanks for the laugh.  The thing is you're probably just a youngun with lots of time to make Zenith.  Enjoy the trip!

The answers are on the link to Celebrity ports in the email. I opened up the ports link in a tab right next to the tab with the quiz questions. Could not be simpler. All the answers were found on the ports page with a little reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The answers are on the link to Celebrity ports in the email. I opened up the ports link in a tab right next to the tab with the quiz questions. Could not be simpler. All the answers were found on the ports page with a little reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well apparently a 4.0 gpa in college 30 YEARS ago still makes me a simpleton, because I was not finding the answers "with a little reading".  I was surfing the Celebrity site for 30 minutes READING and failing.  Maybe it's just COVIDmind.  Or beginning dementia?  Who knows... but, it is not for a lack of reading that I was failing miserably. And I am THANKFUL for the posters putting the answers on the site!   And along those lines, I wonder how many other posters of a 'certain age' are starting to have difficulties.  Just because something seems easy to one, does not make it easy for others.

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

The 3rd time I signed up worked and I got the recent email.  However after 1st time I signed up  I have been getting  marketing emails for someone named Harry????

LOL ... my friend is getting all the emails for Power Up, sometimes with her name but the last one was my name and it was even my Club No which of course relates to us having cruised together but still good and why the heck it would flip back and forth is even stranger.  I stopped getting the PU emails after the first or second one they mailed out.  Their mailing methods and list are a bit concerning, thankfully they don't send account information of any sort.  The mailouts clearly indicate they don't always use the same distribution list group or perhaps it is created new based on a merge of some sort which clearly isn't always hitting the mark.

14 hours ago, garyl62 said:

These are directly from Celebrity's website: Questions in reverse color, answers from the link in italics. 

Off coast fishing is a popular activity in Seward Alaska. What type of fish is the main catch in the summer months

Fishing Off the Coast of Seward

Fishing is a very big industry in Alaska in general, and particularly in Seward. The city has a significantly sized charter fishing fleet to take cruise guests out to Resurrection Bay for a day of some of the best angling in the Kenai Peninsula area. Silver salmon are a main catch in the summer months between July and August, but anglers also visit Seward for king salmon and halibut fishing.

For an awesome hiking experience in Seward Alaska, you can head up the Harding Icefield Trail and hike the _____ mile trail. How long is the trail (one way)?

The Kenai Fjords in Seward Alaska features nearly _____ glaciers

Exit Glacier Visitor Center

If a healthy, invigorating hike is your idea of true Alaskan experience, head up the Harding Icefield Trail – located within Kenai Fjords National Park – and hike the 4.1 mile trail (8.2 miles round-trip). Once you reach the top, you’ll be rewarded for your hard work with breathtaking views of Harding Icefield and the nearly 40 surrounding glaciers.

I added the underline for emphasis.

38 minutes ago, spiritkat090909 said:

Well apparently a 4.0 gpa in college 30 YEARS ago still makes me a simpleton, because I was not finding the answers "with a little reading".  I was surfing the Celebrity site for 30 minutes READING and failing.  Maybe it's just COVIDmind.  Or beginning dementia?  Who knows... but, it is not for a lack of reading that I was failing miserably. And I am THANKFUL for the posters putting the answers on the site!   And along those lines, I wonder how many other posters of a 'certain age' are starting to have difficulties.  Just because something seems easy to one, does not make it easy for others.

@spiritkat090909, most browsers have a find function that will let you quickly find the information you are seeking. Using the examples provided by @garyl62, a find search on the Seward page for "fishing" would have taken you directly to the paragraph with the correct answer. The same thing with a search on "Harding" or "glaciers".

While I like to go back later for a leisurely read of all of the port information, using the find function allows me to complete the PUP quiz very quickly and easily. 

13 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Thanks for the laugh.  The thing is you're probably just a youngun with lots of time to make Zenith.  Enjoy the trip!

Thanks! I do have a quite a few decades ahead, although at my current rate, I should hit Zenith around age 90. This, of course, leaves aside the fact that the elite tiers and points needed are almost certainly going to change between now and when (or realistically, if) I hit 90.

Guess this means I need to increase the frequency of my cruises and book something other than inside cabins!

On the bright side, I have never set foot on an X ship (yet, fingers crossed for my Fall 2021 Canada/New England booking) and yet should have about 10 nights through PUP by the end of this month.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

@spiritkat090909, most browsers have a find function that will let you quickly find the information you are seeking. Using the examples provided by @garyl62, a find search on the Seward page for "fishing" would have taken you directly to the paragraph with the correct answer. The same thing with a search on "Harding" or "glaciers".

While I like to go back later for a leisurely read of all of the port information, using the find function allows me to complete the PUP quiz very quickly and easily. 

Thank you SO much... my Google was having an  off day, so perhaps next time I will go with Duck, Duck, Go. 

1 hour ago, poffles said:

LOL ... my friend is getting all the emails for Power Up, sometimes with her name but the last one was my name and it was even my Club No which of course relates to us having cruised together but still good and why the heck it would flip back and forth is even stranger.  I stopped getting the PU emails after the first or second one they mailed out.  Their mailing methods and list are a bit concerning, thankfully they don't send account information of any sort.  The mailouts clearly indicate they don't always use the same distribution list group or perhaps it is created new based on a merge of some sort which clearly isn't always hitting the mark.

I also wonder if their email system is incorrectly picking up unsubscribed flags (or just excluding people for not being in subscribed status) from other parts of Royal Caribbean Group.

I'm new to Celebrity (and pretty new to cruising). When I set up my Captain's Club account this summer, it definitely subscribed me to RCI emails, although I have never had any interactions with RCI. I don't seem to get any Azamara emails, though.

I don't presently have too much interest in RCI, so I set my email to auto-read and auto-archive the RCI marketing email, but I didn't unsubscribe, since I didn't want to risk that it'd unsubscribe me from CC emails. 

49 minutes ago, EvoUSA said:

I also wonder if their email system is incorrectly picking up unsubscribed flags (or just excluding people for not being in subscribed status) from other parts of Royal Caribbean Group.

I'm new to Celebrity (and pretty new to cruising). When I set up my Captain's Club account this summer, it definitely subscribed me to RCI emails, although I have never had any interactions with RCI. I don't seem to get any Azamara emails, though.

I don't presently have too much interest in RCI, so I set my email to auto-read and auto-archive the RCI marketing email, but I didn't unsubscribe, since I didn't want to risk that it'd unsubscribe me from CC emails. 

Don't even begin to try to figure it out.  I have been subscribed/unsubscribed/subscribed rinse repeat from each of them, never sailed with any but Celebrity but with seeming to be missing some things I figured I would 're'subscribe and I selected them all.  Like I mentioned, I was getting the Power UP email then stopped.  Meanwhile my friend had just been merrily doing nothing but getting them all ... even mine 🙂  And when she got 'mine' she did not get one with her name and Club No, no rhyme or reason to it.  Oh and I have a current Celebrity cruise booked LOL

At the present time I get the 4 times a week emails from Azamara, Celebrity and Royal for 'great deal'  'last day for great deal'  'last hours for deal' 'deal extended'  ... so go figure.

2 hours ago, poffles said:

Don't even begin to try to figure it out.  I have been subscribed/unsubscribed/subscribed rinse repeat from each of them, never sailed with any but Celebrity but with seeming to be missing some things I figured I would 're'subscribe and I selected them all.  Like I mentioned, I was getting the Power UP email then stopped.  Meanwhile my friend had just been merrily doing nothing but getting them all ... even mine 🙂  And when she got 'mine' she did not get one with her name and Club No, no rhyme or reason to it.  Oh and I have a current Celebrity cruise booked LOL

At the present time I get the 4 times a week emails from Azamara, Celebrity and Royal for 'great deal'  'last day for great deal'  'last hours for deal' 'deal extended'  ... so go figure.

So crazy. You should ask them for their greatest and latest deal on PUPs, with a subject line of "Deal Extended for 3 Days Only! Last Chance to Enroll Me in PUP!" 😆🤨😐

(But I'll also try and remember to post a link for the next PUP offer here.)

3 minutes ago, EvoUSA said:

So crazy. You should ask them for their greatest and latest deal on PUPs, with a subject line of "Deal Extended for 3 Days Only! Last Chance to Enroll Me in PUP!" 😆🤨😐

(But I'll also try and remember to post a link for the next PUP offer here.)

Agree ... crazy.  I've worked in ALL facets IT for over 20 years and many of those years as senior management/support of email and it baffles me!

No worries, my friend has been kind enough to forward 'my' email to me.  And if it happens she stops receiving, maybe I will start getting her email.  LOL

Edited by poffles

Does Celebrity deduct points?  An e-mail I received yesterday stating the number of points I have is down one point from an e-mail I received in September.  Unfortunately I haven't been keeping track of PUP surveys that I have responded to and don't know how many I should have.  Oh well, I do enjoy doing the surveys and answering the questions.