Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

6 hours ago, cruiseb4udie said:

This week's pups - did not see anyone posting it - just in case someone is interested:

Thanks, I didn't get the email, but the link you supplied worked just fine.  DW already knew she was going to get a massage and we use OBC for it, so figured we might as well sign up now and get the PUP's.  Now just hope the ship sails in March!

FYI, a friendly emo34.gif reminder:

For those in the Central timezone, the webinar starts for us at 5:00 PM. That's in about 8 minutes.

Enjoy!

Host Kat emo32.gif

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I had the woman's voice, somewhat stacky, and she paused several times and apologized – and then the sound died and I'm still looking at the first slide in silence.

You've missed literally nothing. They're currently talking about the same safety protocols we've all already read about, ad nauseum.

5 minutes ago, brownc424 said:

I've had sound the entire time, but it's been (mostly) very staticky.

Same here. This applies for all speakers so far. I tried refreshing the website, but ended up not being able to get back in. After 30+ attempts, I was able to rejoin, but still with very bad sound from LLP.

3 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

Same here. This applies for all speakers so far. I tried refreshing the website, but ended up not being able to get back in. After 30+ attempts, I was able to rejoin, but still with very bad sound from LLP.

The Ceo/President has been the best for me, but I'm still missing 80% of what she says. I was looking forward to this presentation, I can't believe they didn't do a test run first!

• Like 2

Nothing unusual about these type of events.  Problem is the mic she is using.  Don’t forget these people are all at home also most likely working. I’m in web ex meetings most of the day for work and everyone’s mic sound is different.   The delay is common also.  

• Like 3

Just now, WeMissSeaView said:

The video they are showing right now has perfecrt sound.

Yes, this is definitely a problem with the Zoom streams or whatever video streaming platform they use, not a problem with "Gotowebinar". I believe one of the other speakers actually mentioned Zoom being new to them, but it's a shame that the speakers' sound is so bad and they didn't do an internal demo in order to fix it before the stream started..

Just now, bikerunner said:

Nothing unusual about these type of events.  Problem is the mic she is using.  Don’t forget these people are all at home also most likely working. I’m in web ex meetings most of the day for work and everyone’s mic sound is different.   The delay is common also.  

I think the issue is she's using a built in mic, not a decent external one. Which is pretty surprising considering the company.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, son3cruisers said:

Darn it. I got in late ( after several tries ) snd having trouble hearing her. Am I going to still be eligible for points if I’m 15 mins late joining? It took about 20/30 attempts to get in! 

This is purely speculation, but I would believe that if your personal link has been "activated" (ie. clicked, and you have entered the actual presentation), you points will be awarded. Perhaps you need to be "active" in the presentation for X minutes, but who knows other than Celebrity? I wouldn't believe that your late arrival would disqualify you, there seems to have been massive problems during the first few minutes, because so many were joining. The first speaker mentioned that directly on stream.

• Like 1