Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, poffles said:

 

Oh I hope they do, that would be the nice thing to do and would definitely win 'points' with the loyal cruisers.

 

I received the email for X. So far the big difference is that after RC came out with the offer and in short order they changed it to include already booked cruises. Celebrity still as the offer as bookings made from today. Let's hope they make the change as well to include bookings already made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

Wonderful.  So we pay full price (except taxes) for the 'invisible' 2nd person in the cabin but we don't get the bonus points. What happened to Celebrity's 'Diversity & Inclusion'?  It would seem solo travellers are not diverse enough to be included, and Celebrity continues to discriminate against us!

  

  

You need to read the fine print again. It states that "Single-occupancy staterooms are not eligible for this Offer", so if you book one of the solo cabins, you aren't eligible. But if you book a multi-passenger cabin and pay the supplement, there's nothing in the offer prohibiting a solo passenger from acquiring the double points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

And it doesn’t apply to single occupancy (seen on another thread)

They need to read the fine print again. It states that "Single-occupancy staterooms are not eligible for this Offer", so if you book one of the solo cabins, you aren't eligible. But if you book a multi-passenger cabin and pay the supplement, there's nothing in the offer prohibiting a solo passenger from acquiring the double points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

I just called Celebrity about our November 2021 sailing.  Sadly,  my reservation is under a group booking and currently not eligible for this offer.  I hope my TA will be able to help with this, but will still be happy to be on a Celebrity ship next year!  

 

Did it seem like they were going to entertain the idea of you getting this applied had it not been a group booking?  I will be very interested to see how it plays out for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You need to read the fine print again. It states that "Single-occupancy staterooms are not eligible for this Offer", so if you book one of the solo cabins, you aren't eligible. But if you book a multi-passenger cabin and pay the supplement, there's nothing in the offer prohibiting a solo passenger from acquiring the double points.

 

If that's the case then I stand corrected.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else get an email about the 50/20 Power Up Points promotion, with a link to a sale that ends tonight for cruise packages (photo/beverage/spa/etc) and 20-40% off? I clicked on the link and the prices of all the packages are the same as they were last week, except for one or two things that appear to be higher. Is anyone seeing an actual discount?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

there's nothing in the offer prohibiting a solo passenger from acquiring the double points.

 

And they already get double points when paying the supplement so would it be quadruple points or just triple?

Link to post
Share on other sites

it would be lovely if we got double points for cruises already booked but it doesn't read that way to me.


Classic members and above will earn double points from now until the end of 2020 when you book a veranda stateroom or higher. That�s in addition to our current offer at the time of your booking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

it would be lovely if we got double points for cruises already booked but it doesn't read that way to me.


Classic members and above will earn double points from now until the end of 2020 when you book a veranda stateroom or higher. That�s in addition to our current offer at the time of your booking.

 

 

In the fine print:

 

Captain's Club Member Offer ("Offer") applies to new individual bookings. Captain's Club Members ("CC Members"), Classic and above, are eligible to receive double Club Points when they book a Veranda stateroom or higher between 10/19/2020 and 12/31/2020.  

 

So they do identify a limited booking window as starting today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 6:27 PM, terrydtx said:

Got my 20 power up points today, now if Celebrity would please fix their website.

I did not do this webinar but I think someone days ago said each point equates to 01. cents...just sayin

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

I wish I felt better about Celebrity offering extra Power Up Points or Captain’s Club Points in connection with cash outlays for pre purchase of spa and photo packages, or new bookings.
 

Now, I have been in Celebrity’s corner for many years and I am still firmly entrenched there today. What concerns me is the concept of cash deposits or pre-purchase cash leaving our pockets in a time when, even the most business savvy, cannot predict with any accuracy, which, if any of the major cruise companies will experience financial issues too difficult to overcome.

 

We had 3 cruises cancelled in 2020 and fully expect our cruises in 2021 may be at risk. Although we really do love Celebrity with a passion, we are not about to give them any more cash until we are confident that the future of cruising is right for us.
 

If that means our journey to Zenith ends before reaching the finish line, then that’s the way the cookie crumbles for us.
 

Randy

 

 

 

Yup.  No more cash to Celebrity and what they already have is at risk.  I had 5 Celebrity cruises cancelled this year.  I re-booked 3 of them for next year, but am wondering if they will go or if they will sail under conditions I find to be unacceptable (such as Celebrity excursions only).  I'm not spending that kind of money to go to Europe and not be able to set up my own excursions.  And I'm certainly not spending that kind of money to spend three days in Bermuda without being able to leave the ship.  I've already done an excursion in Bermuda, thank you very much.  I want to do what I want to do.  So I would say that the journey to Zenith is very much at risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

They need to read the fine print again. It states that "Single-occupancy staterooms are not eligible for this Offer", so if you book one of the solo cabins, you aren't eligible. But if you book a multi-passenger cabin and pay the supplement, there's nothing in the offer prohibiting a solo passenger from acquiring the double points.

 

I think it all depends on how Celebrity defines "single-occupancy staterooms."  They have hardly any solo staterooms.  My guess would be that if I as a solo booked a stateroom and paid twice, they would define it as a "single-occupancy stateroom."  Doesn't really matter to me, as I am not tossing any more money Celebrity's way.  They have enough of my money currently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

 

I think it all depends on how Celebrity defines "single-occupancy staterooms."  They have hardly any solo staterooms.  My guess would be that if I as a solo booked a stateroom and paid twice, they would define it as a "single-occupancy stateroom."  Doesn't really matter to me, as I am not tossing any more money Celebrity's way.  They have enough of my money currently.

I do not qualify for PUP, not nearly enough cruises to do so.  But I am usually solo, staying a double room, so paying for two even as a solo.  I am OK with that, my choice.  But solo travellers in designated rooms, should be eligible.  I have an upcoming B@B in May 2021, for the TA it is just me, for the Europe leg, a friend will join me.  Perks did not change either way.  Again not part of PUP.  But I would think more frequent solo cruisers, Celebrity would cough it up and do the right thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

 

I think it all depends on how Celebrity defines "single-occupancy staterooms."  They have hardly any solo staterooms.  My guess would be that if I as a solo booked a stateroom and paid twice, they would define it as a "single-occupancy stateroom."  Doesn't really matter to me, as I am not tossing any more money Celebrity's way.  They have enough of my money currently.

I agree, still very few solo cabins, but they've added 40 between the Edge (16) and the Apex (24), and 4 more are being added to the Silhouette. As for definition, it would have been far easier to state that the promo didn't apply to solo cruisers if that's what they meant. I'm pretty sure that when they say "single-occupancy staterooms", they are referring cabin capacity, not the actual number of occupants for a given booking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

 

I think it all depends on how Celebrity defines "single-occupancy staterooms."  They have hardly any solo staterooms.  My guess would be that if I as a solo booked a stateroom and paid twice, they would define it as a "single-occupancy stateroom."  Doesn't really matter to me, as I am not tossing any more money Celebrity's way.  They have enough of my money currently.

 

Agreed. While I'm inclined to agree with the other interpretation above from a grammatical sense, it's not as though all their wording is completely accurate or reliable.

 

Moreover, what is the reason for the exclusion to begin with? I don't think there's a legitimate basis bonus points won't be awarded. It's just an arbitrary decision which means it could be intended to be arbitrarily applied to all solo bookings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With this promotion of double points Celebrity is going back to the old days when the interior and OV cabins did not have perks, now inside and OV bookings  do not have the promotion of double points.

Edited by gerelmx
Link to post
Share on other sites

Before posting this I confess to not reading the previous 43 pages of posts. If this is redundant, please forgive and ignore. Yesterday I received an email offering double points for cruises booked between now and December that sailed in 2021 up to May 2022 where balcony or higher accommodations are chosen. Since we recently booked a cruise sailing within that time frame and meeting the criteria for room selection, I called to see if the Captains Club would honor the reservation with double points. They wouldn't, even though, they do acknowledge that I could, without penalty, cancel and rebook and get the double points. It seems to me that X is missing an opportunity for good will with an existing customer in a time that good will is all they have to keep loyal customers. The double points actually costs them nothing. Not giving them might. Feelings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Before posting this I confess to not reading the previous 43 pages of posts. If this is redundant, please forgive and ignore. Yesterday I received an email offering double points for cruises booked between now and December that sailed in 2021 up to May 2022 where balcony or higher accommodations are chosen. Since we recently booked a cruise sailing within that time frame and meeting the criteria for room selection, I called to see if the Captains Club would honor the reservation with double points. They wouldn't, even though, they do acknowledge that I could, without penalty, cancel and rebook and get the double points. It seems to me that X is missing an opportunity for good will with an existing customer in a time that good will is all they have to keep loyal customers. The double points actually costs them nothing. Not giving them might. Feelings?

 

Not reading the posts prior you miss that others are equally displeased with this.  And ya it seems to be a miss for Celebrity.  I am in same position, I could do same (cancel/re-book) as I just booked it less than two weeks ago and nothing has changed with cost or perks ... just silly extra work all around.

Edited by poffles
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poffles said:

 

Not reading the posts prior you miss that others are equally displeased with this.  

 

No good deed goes unpunished: Why can't people just accept that they booked under those conditions, they were happy with when they booked.

Do they all run back to the shop and demand money back because their last weeks purchase is now on offer?

 

Celebrity tries to entice some new passengers. Don't begrudge them and allow others their small benefit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, carlmm said:

 

No good deed goes unpunished: Why can't people just accept that they booked under those conditions, they were happy with when they booked.

Do they all run back to the shop and demand money back because their last weeks purchase is now on offer?

 

Celebrity tries to entice some new passengers. Don't begrudge them and allow others their small benefit.

 

Actually,  yes. Most places honor these offers. Call it savvy shopping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...