Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still enjoy turning my phone off, throwing in the safe and then taking it out the day before disembarkation to charge for the trip home. 

 

Agree with this 100%.  I have a work provided cell phone which pretty much meets my every need of a cell phone even for personal use (I have no desire to carry two phones), but for security reasons we are not permitted to take it out of the country unless approved business case so I don't even travel with a phone.  It would seem that times are making it more and more difficult to be without a phone even on vacation.  I do have a tablet with me if I 'needed' to check email but I have not purchased Wi-Fi in the past so even that was rare.

 

And ya Instagram was a big buzz word on the seminar, soooo many Instagram-able photo places.   For me they are 'camera' photo places 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

New offer just arrived.  Book a veranda or higher cruise departing 07/01/21 through 12/31/21 for 50 PUPS..  You have until 12/24/20 to claim the PUPS.

Was it clear to you whether you actually had to go on the cruise before December 31, 2021 to get your PUPS?  Who knows whether it will be safe to cruise then or whether ports we'd like to visit would allow us to dock?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Was it clear to you whether you actually had to go on the cruise before December 31, 2021 to get your PUPS?  Who knows whether it will be safe to cruise then or whether ports we'd like to visit would allow us to dock?  

Yes, you need to sail on or before December 31, 2021:

 

Make a new booking on any sailing departing between 7/1/21 and 12/31/21 and earn 50 Power Up Points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

New offer just arrived.  Book a veranda or higher cruise departing 07/01/21 through 12/31/21 for 50 PUPS..  You have until 12/24/20 tp claim the PUPS.

Yeah, but for me since they don't have a product that they can actually deliver I'll not be earning those. Once they're back safely cruising I'll be booking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked a cruise months back, but it was recently changed to a new ship and modified itinerary.  I went ahead and put that booking number in there and it was accepted, but stated it would need to be confirmed.  Not sure if they'll give me the points or not, but I don't see any downside in trying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an email for the APEX Webinar

 

Recently, we hosted a Captain’s Club webinar all about Celebrity APEX . Due to overwhelming demand, we were unable to accommodate all members that wanted to attend. So, we recorded the webinar for you to view now. Just click the video link below and enter your name, email address and Captain’s Club ID. Watch the presentation in its entirety by December 16th and you’ll receive 50 Power Up Points.*

I look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely,
Andrea Shey, Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

Andrea Shey
Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, rakes5 said:

Just received an email for the APEX Webinar

 

Recently, we hosted a Captain’s Club webinar all about Celebrity APEX . Due to overwhelming demand, we were unable to accommodate all members that wanted to attend. So, we recorded the webinar for you to view now. Just click the video link below and enter your name, email address and Captain’s Club ID. Watch the presentation in its entirety by December 16th and you’ll receive 50 Power Up Points.*

I look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely,
Andrea Shey, Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

Andrea Shey
Director of Loyalty, Celebrity Cruises

 

Cool. They are taking the high road! They are doing right.

Edited by Charles4515
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

 

Cool. They are taking the high road! They are doing right.

Absolutely.  My wife and I watched it and it was very interesting.  We are on the Edge next year and enjoyed the INFO.  Also glad that west coast people can also earn the 50 PUPS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes this was much better than the other one.   Maybe we can all chip in and get LPP a set of air buds?  Did anyone count the number of times "Instagramable Moment" was used?

 

LOL I'm sure she has one. Maybe her co-workers are too scared to bring it up...I mean she knew how to use a ring light to brighten the room. You would think every one would have figured it out by now after a year of conference calls while working from home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the email too but I had used the link given here and already watched it.  i have to say I was impressed with the ship and I loved some of those food offerings.  Didn't hear a lot of what LLP said because of the echo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

New offer just arrived.  Book a veranda or higher cruise departing 07/01/21 through 12/31/21 for 50 PUPS..  You have until 12/24/20 tp claim the PUPS.

Could someone post the link to this offer? I haven't received the last 3 Power Up e-mails.... I'm not sure why they stopped all of a sudden. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Hmmm, book at our much higher prices to get a few Power Up Points!

After carefully checking X offerings and prices, booked with HAL for 8/21 and Princess for 12/21.

 

They are high aren't they!  I cannot believe the cost now and for the first time Celebrity comes out more expensive than comparable for me and I always opted for drink package so that isn't new in my costing.  Makes me very sad as I watch the Apex seminar and think how out of reach they are becoming and likely for year(s) to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

C-Dragons posted it before. See post #1448

Thank you, but I was referring to the “book a cruise by 12/24” offer. I already used that link at post #1448 for the Apex webinar & it worked. : ) 

Edited by 3girlsmom
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone asked for the latest PUP's link - book cruise 50 PUPS:

 

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=5612053e300959df76685d6320d35e5f948ccd7557fc50add0c32bbc0eb905687c9297c7a18212f6e85ac07b4e7a2d0d6780a1fc18fba34e0898f31690fd99a2d68ecc948a8ee76739ee343c5c68caa901c8a8937dd1134e96ac279356e1df4ea55851ed457caf32c1cdcdcf29409c9fad3777d2b1b4dc470340cb84abecaa1f

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 3girlsmom said:

Thank you, but I was referring to the “book a cruise by 12/24” offer. I already used that link at post #1448 for the Apex webinar & it worked. : ) 

My apologies - I misunderstood the question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading the T&C for this activity. I saw this:

 

"Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed."

 

If a booking is made you would receive temporary points. Would they be recognised if they elevated you to the next loyalty level on a cruise taken before the qualifying cruise? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the second PUP offer for booking a cruise.  The first one came out on August 18th for booking a cruise between 01/01/21 - 08/31/21.  Since cruises in January and February have been cancelled, there must be cruises that earned PUPS that have now been cancelled.  Has anyone earned points for booking a cruise under this offer and then had the cruise canceled by Celebrity?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, laslomas said:

I was reading the T&C for this activity. I saw this:

 

"Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed."

 

If a booking is made you would receive temporary points. Would they be recognised if they elevated you to the next loyalty level on a cruise taken before the qualifying cruise? 

 

 

According to the description in the T&C I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes.  I don't have enough confidence in their systems that the points would actually be removed.  I suspect there is a notation on the reservation and it would be a manual process to notice and remove the points during the cancellation process.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...