Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 6/11/2020 at 2:02 PM, gold1953 said:

the one is good as I was at 579. Maybe it will get me to elite plus one cruise sooner. At the rate we are now cruising this may take a long time

Hi Pat,

Hope you & Bill have weathered the Covid-19 crisis.

We are at EXACTLY the same number of points as you!!!

We should have earned 70 on our next cruise, as we had booked concierge ( the offer was pay for balcony but get upgraded to Concierge).

We have never been in Concierge, but at. 5 points per night it was certainly a way to getting closer to Elite+.

51 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Has anyone received any more emails for surveys etc for the Power Up beside the original ones? I am unsure how this progresses.

I hope they provide more opportunities for power up points soon.  At 20 power up points per day, I can get to Zenith in a little less than 3 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I hope they provide more opportunities for power up points soon.  At 20 power up points per day, I can get to Zenith in a little less than 3 years.  

Ah good!  That should coincide with the restart of cruising very nicely!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I did not get an email about Power Up. So I went to the website page for Captains Club and read all the info. At the end was this:

"Click the ✉︎ SUBSCRIBE button at the top right of this page to receive emails from us  and participate in Power Up Points."

Even though I know I am subscribed as I do get some Captain's Club emails, I subscribed again. Ten minutes later I got the email.

I will now never know if it was because I subscribed again or whether it was coming anyway 😕

But worth a try if you have not got the email.

4 minutes ago, laslomas said:

I did not get an email about Power Up. So I went to the website page for Captains Club and read all the info. At the end was this:

"Click the ✉︎ SUBSCRIBE button at the top right of this page to receive emails from us  and participate in Power Up Points."

Even though I know I am subscribed as I do get some Captain's Club emails, I subscribed again. Ten minutes later I got the email.

I will now never know if it was because I subscribed again or whether it was coming anyway 😕

But worth a try if you have not got the email.

Thanks I will try that.  Was it on the Celebrity UK website??

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks I will try that.  Was it on the Celebrity UK website??

Yes. I went from the page where I am logged into My Cruises. This is the link  https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Scroll down for the details and the subscribe link is at the top of the page. Hope it works for you.

Edited by laslomas
  • Like 1

I’m Elite Plus. According to rigorous calculations, I will achieve Zenith status exactly 6.5 days after my 104th birthday! I’m planning to celebrate my birthday in Michael’s Club because celebrating my birthday in our usual inside cabin is pretty tight. One of these days I’m going to spring for a cabin with a balcony. I’ve read those cabins are really nice!

Shaco

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Not so far away if you are 102 now

Hi Westy,

No, I’m in my 70s now. Inside cabins tend to make climbing Capt. Club levels a bit more time consuming. Of course, time does fly when you’re having fun!

shaco

Participated in Activity #2 - simple post on Facebook, another 2 points.   In one week (June 10th and 17th, respectively) have now earned 4 points = 2 nights in an Inside/OV cabin, or almost 1 night in CC/AQ cabin, or 1/2 night in a Sky Suite 😉

19 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I wonder how much Facebook is paying Celebrity for this

Try the other way around if anything.  Facebook is not paying for this at all.  Its just basic social media.  Create post send to Celebrity tho I only have FB to look at Restaurant specials bands playing for the weekends, so wont be participating. 

I've been inactive on Facebook for quite a while now, however I do have a private (no friends) account I use exclusively for promotions such as this. I get credit for posting stuff without actually bugging people with it.

I can't seem to find a link for today's points activity. Could one of you provide it, please?

I still haven't gotten any emails about Power Up, and I haven't received the points for last week's survey, though the rules make me unconcerned about that. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Well, today's offer for Powerup points requires Facebook or Instagram.  Not on either of them so no points for me 😞

I was thrilled to get the email since I didn't get the last one.  However, i'm not on FB or Instagram, so I guess this one is a pass.