Captain’s Club Power Up Points

32 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

According to the description in the T&C I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes.  I don't have enough confidence in their systems that the points would actually be removed.  I suspect there is a notation on the reservation and it would be a manual process to notice and remove the points during the cancellation process.

Thanks it would be nice to think it could be so. I was not thinking about the qualifying cruise being cancelled as they state the points would be removed. Just whether the temporary points would elevate one to the next level on already booked cruises before the qualifying cruise was taken. 

There are no "temporary points".  The T&C say the points will be added to your account around the middle of the next month.  If your sailing happens (which I'm sure is beyond mid January) your account total is used for your status.  If it is on your account and not properly reflected onboard just visit the CC Host(ess) and they will update your card.

It clearly states the points are added to your account and removed if you cancel.  

I guess this does create a loophole where you could book a later sailing only to get to the next level on an earlier sailing then cancel the later sailing after completing the first (assume refundable deposit).   Given the value of the perks now days I'm not sure that would be worth the effort.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

No new PUPs this week.  Last one was book a cruise by 12/24/20 so that one is still ongoing.  Maybe that is why they have not posted another one yet.  I could be wrong but I generally receive all of them and nothing so far today.

I think you are right. Just need another 400 PUP points 🙂

Too bad we couldn't use one of our future 2021/22 "placeholder" cruises we created with our cancelled 2020 bookings with this most recent PUP "booking" event. If we could, we'd post the 7 day Alaska cruise we booked 3 days ago. Unfortunately, the actual booking date on this "new" booking that was listed in the confirmation was May 21, 2020, the date of the original booking.

50 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

No new PUPs this week.  Last one was book a cruise by 12/24/20 so that one is still ongoing.  Maybe that is why they have not posted another one yet.  I could be wrong but I generally receive all of them and nothing so far today.

If that's the case, we should expect another PUP opportunity after Christmas, unless the PUP staff is on vacation for the holidays.

1 hour ago, ksthommo said:

Email arrived today, clicked on link and received 20 Power Up Points.

How about trying this.  Right click on the gift box then select copy link.  Paste link in a post so others might be able to use it.  I'm sure plenty of your fellow cruisers would appreciate it.  😄

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

That looks like it's just a "gift" and not one of the usual quiz-type mailings.  I didn't receive it. 😞

From Ontario, Canada and at 9:30 EST, have not received the email.  Hope one is delivered 🙂

My email arrived at 9:02 am CST.  The only thing about it is that all 4 of my family members and me share the same email address and so only one of us (me) is getting this bonus.....

52 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We just got it 3 minutes ago.

There is an interesting aspect about this notification that differs from the others. It doesn't allow you to substitute CC numbers. For us, the notifications have always come to my DW's email address, but with my name and CC number, even though I'm registered with my own email address. She would forward the email to me, then change the CC entry to hers and then click the submit button to begin the game. Since we both played the game, we both got the points. But some folks earlier in this thread said only one had to play the game if their accounts were "linked" together.

It will be interesting to see if we both get the points since our accounts are theoretically linked as we always sail together and have the same physical address? 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
12 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

My email arrived at 9:02 am CST.  The only thing about it is that all 4 of my family members and me share the same email address and so only one of us (me) is getting this bonus.....

If they are linked to you CC number they all will get the PUPs.