Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, jg51 said:

.

Hello, "Bertram4me." 

 

We are surprised that no one has replied to your question, since you posted it about thirty hours ago.  We assume that you are asking whether anyone has already gotten 5 points added for attending the APEX webinar, around December 10. 

 

We wonder about that too, because those 5 points plus the 2 in the Christmas present may lift us into the E+ tier (which may or may not be significantly beneficial).  We suspect that the 7 points will not appear until mid-January, but we could be wrong. 

 

Anyone???

.

We have not gotten our 5 points either.  Hope you are right about mid January or earlier.  We also are waiting on our 5 points for booking by December 24th and like getting double Captains Club points once we complete the sailing next year.  If all goes right, we too will be Elite +.  Congrats to you on making Elite + !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

We have not gotten our 5 points either.  Hope you are right about mid January or earlier.  We also are waiting on our 5 points for booking by December 24th and like getting double Captains Club points once we complete the sailing next year.  If all goes right, we too will be Elite +.  Congrats to you on making Elite + !!!

The issue of the posting of the points comes up on a regular basis. Here is what is on the Celebrity website. The Apex webinar was Dec 9/20, so the points should show themselves around January 14/21 (ish).

 

Randy



* All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. View Full Terms and Conditions here.


 

* All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. View Full Terms and Conditions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

We have not gotten our 5 points either.  Hope you are right about mid January or earlier.  We also are waiting on our 5 points for booking by December 24th and like getting double Captains Club points once we complete the sailing next year.  If all goes right, we too will be Elite +.  Congrats to you on making Elite + !!!

.

Thanks!  Congrats (soon) to you too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 2:28 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

I hope to pick up 16 more CC points and I will also make E+.  If they push sailing back even further, that may easily happen.  Do not expect my March Edge to sail.

Good luck! 

 

We need too many CC points to make Elite + without sailing once.  I have read that some Cruise Critic members have made Elite + with just the points they have earned so far under the PUP   plan. That is a nice benefit for their next cruise.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Good luck! 

 

We need too many CC points to make Elite + without sailing once.  I have read that some Cruise Critic members have made Elite + with just the points they have earned so far under the PUP   plan. That is a nice benefit for their next cruise.

 

 

We do not cruise to be elite et al.  Understand many do and that is fine, go for it.  We make our decision 100% based on itinerary, the suite available (yikes a jealous person here is going to slam me)  and now it is E class all they way for us.  Gelato for one, gelato for all!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

We do not cruise to be elite et al.  Understand many do and that is fine, go for it.  We make our decision 100% based on itinerary, the suite available (yikes a jealous person here is going to slam me)  and now it is E class all they way for us.  Gelato for one, gelato for all!!!

Airline frequent fliers do "mileage runs" to earn status.  Some time ago we did what I like to call a "knots run" to earn status on Princess.  We had several future cruises booked and wanted the benefits that came with Platinum (internet) and Elite (laundry).  So we sailed a short cruise (not so tough - we live in Florida) to earn enough points that after our next long one, we would be Platinum and then after the next one, Elite.  Now we're trying to do something similar on Celebrity/RCL/Azamara. PUPs might help, can't hurt ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

 

Airline frequent fliers do "mileage runs" to earn status.  Some time ago we did what I like to call a "knots run" to earn status on Princess.  We had several future cruises booked and wanted the benefits that came with Platinum (internet) and Elite (laundry).  So we sailed a short cruise (not so tough - we live in Florida) to earn enough points that after our next long one, we would be Platinum and then after the next one, Elite.  Now we're trying to do something similar on Celebrity/RCL/Azamara. PUPs might help, can't hurt ☺️

 

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

We do not cruise to be elite et al.  Understand many do and that is fine, go for it.  We make our decision 100% based on itinerary, the suite available (yikes a jealous person here is going to slam me)  and now it is E class all they way for us.  Gelato for one, gelato for all!!!

We don't chase the tier levels but since Celebrity and RC now are our go to cruise lines we are glad we are getting something extra for our money spent by the perks/benefits offered. It would be nice if RC also did the PUP offers since we are stranded on shore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

We do not cruise to be elite et al.  Understand many do and that is fine, go for it.  We make our decision 100% based on itinerary, the suite available (yikes a jealous person here is going to slam me)  and now it is E class all they way for us.  Gelato for one, gelato for all!!!

Don't sell yourself short on reaching elite.  With your comments about booking suites and the length of cruises you have talked about, you can do it very fast.  We have reached elite with a few PUP's and only 4 cruises on Celebrity (even one being a 5 night, and one in a Concierge cabin) so it doesn't take much if you book suites

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

 

Airline frequent fliers do "mileage runs" to earn status.  .....

I did this back when I was young and flying a lot.  Had some flight credits and needed some miles to get to the next level in United's Mileage Plus program so I booked RT ORD to SFO two Wednesdays in a row.  Did a 8:00AM departure ORD to SFO, had a 40 minute turn time before the return and got back to ORD by 4:30 in the afternoon.  Had an upgrade both ways both weeks.  That was back when they served Fillet Mignon so not only did I get some miles and 1k status, I got four good meals 😉

 

I think it would be a lot better to do it on a cruise so I could just sit back, relax and enjoy a couple days on the water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

We do not cruise to be elite et al.  Understand many do and that is fine, go for it.  We make our decision 100% based on itinerary, the suite available (yikes a jealous person here is going to slam me)  and now it is E class all they way for us.  Gelato for one, gelato for all!!!

I would not worry about anyone slamming you.  We all have our reasons.  I do like the 'hunt' as my daughter says.  So... 

 

Never booked a suite as my philosophy is my cabin is for dropping off my clothes and a place to crash at night. We have friends that do and they love their onboard experience

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Never booked a suite as my philosophy is my cabin is for dropping off my clothes and a place to crash at night.

I would suggest that, unless your travel budget allows suites for the rest of your life, that you never do.  Here is my experience:  Years ago we always booked "outside" cabins.  They were perfectly adequate, we didn't spend much time in them, and because we could tell when it was daylight, we were happy.  Then on our first Alaska cruise, Princess upgraded us to a balcony.  We could never be happy with just a window again  Ever since then, we've steadfastly avoided even "junior" suites.  We'd rather cruise more days than more luxuriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 8:30 AM, islandwoman said:

I would suggest that, unless your travel budget allows suites for the rest of your life, that you never do.  Here is my experience:  Years ago we always booked "outside" cabins.  They were perfectly adequate, we didn't spend much time in them, and because we could tell when it was daylight, we were happy.  Then on our first Alaska cruise, Princess upgraded us to a balcony.  We could never be happy with just a window again  Ever since then, we've steadfastly avoided even "junior" suites.  We'd rather cruise more days than more luxuriously.

🙂  I understand the balcony's appeal.  We do sail in balconies.  Which category is dependent on cost as we have gotten a CC category over a standard veranda by a few hundred bucks on that sailing.  I will say that I would take an oceanview over not sailing.  Sailed in 2019 on an older Carnival ship and went to Key West and Havana.  It was a fun cruise both onboard and in the 2 ports of call, but cabin was an oceanview cabin.  Worked for me on that sailing.

 

I like balconies as I can get out and enjoy the breeze and it is a great place to enjoy a beer while waiting on DW when needed, even seen a mermaid or two.

Edited by shipshape sam
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Now that all March and April cruises have been cancelled, I wonder if the PUP offers will start back up.

 

Too funny, I just received the newest offer. I have no interest in doing this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My questionnaire link is broken (goes to an error page) for the latest offer.

 

Latest PUP Offer (20 points):

 

A new year is upon us, and after a particularly tough 2020, many are entering 2021 with a restored sense of purpose and new goals for the future. Here at Celebrity, our #1 New Year’s Resolution is to return to service safely so we can open up the world again for our members. Tell us your top 2021 resolution by January 17, 2021 and earn 20 Power Up Points.*

 

STEP 1        
Complete Questionnaire  

 

STEP 2

Post on Social

 

STEP 3

Tag @CelebrityCruises

 

Complete the questionnaire below to tell us your social media handle.    Post a photo or video that depicts your top New Year’s Resolution for 2021. Make sure your page is public. Add a caption explaining your New Year’s resolution with #CruisingInto2021. Be sure to tag @CelebrityCruises. [ed. note: handle is actually CelebrityCruise (without the "s" in cruise) on Twitter].

 

Complete all of the above by January 17th and earn 20 power up points.
Add #sharecelebrity to your post for a chance to be featured by Celebrity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple one, just used my dummy twitter account that only have used for these type of things.  Otherwise dont use twitter or any of the Social media platforms.  Okay i use FB just to get local restaurants menus, mostly the farm to table places.  Otherwise yeah this is kind of a pointless one but easy enough.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pardon me if this has already been discussed.  I didn't read, very carefully, through all 63 pages.

 

I've gotten a few offers for PowerUp points if I post pictures or advertisements, publicly, on my Facebook or Instagram page.  This means I have to post something that goes to the general public outside of my friends group.  Does anyone else have a problem doing these kinds of public posts from your personal account?   I've heard stories of people being hacked and their friend list compromised, etc. from being too public on this sites and posts.

Just curious if I should be worried about this sort of thing and what kind of response they actually get to these kinds of requests.


Tom

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tserface said:

Pardon me if this has already been discussed.  I didn't read, very carefully, through all 63 pages.

 

I've gotten a few offers for PowerUp points if I post pictures or advertisements, publicly, on my Facebook or Instagram page.  This means I have to post something that goes to the general public outside of my friends group.  Does anyone else have a problem doing these kinds of public posts from your personal account?   I've heard stories of people being hacked and their friend list compromised, etc. from being too public on this sites and posts.

Just curious if I should be worried about this sort of thing and what kind of response they actually get to these kinds of requests.


Tom

Always had issues with privacy on these.  But that is kind of why I have set up dummy/never use except for these type of things.  For Celebrity and one other place I have set up a dummy twitter,.  No friends dont follow anyone/anything just post for what they need.  And once points come I delete the posts overall.  Not for everyone, more management but I dont find it that hard to do.  I try to keep my online footprint as small as possible overall and yes privacy is definitely an issue with this.  I understand why many do not do these at all.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, tserface said:

Pardon me if this has already been discussed.  I didn't read, very carefully, through all 63 pages.

 

I've gotten a few offers for PowerUp points if I post pictures or advertisements, publicly, on my Facebook or Instagram page.  This means I have to post something that goes to the general public outside of my friends group.  Does anyone else have a problem doing these kinds of public posts from your personal account?   I've heard stories of people being hacked and their friend list compromised, etc. from being too public on this sites and posts.

Just curious if I should be worried about this sort of thing and what kind of response they actually get to these kinds of requests.


Tom

I have a problem with Celebrity asking us to post on social media for these Power Up Points. You are not alone. This is not the first time social media postings have factored into these points and I suspect it will not be the last. It’s inexpensive advertising for Celebrity. Too bad it forces many of us to choose.

 

This particular offering is not worth moving out of your comfort zone for 2 Captain’s Club points.

 

Randy

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...