Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

I clicked the link to the webinar about 10 minutes early as directed. At the time it started I was on the phone trying to locate a lost package. Just when I put the phone down, I saw a box with typing in the bottom right corner disappear. Did I need to sign in, or was my link sufficient to identify myself as watching?

Did you not see it, Kay?  The box in the corner was about muting because the session was being recorded if I got it correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

I clicked the link to the webinar about 10 minutes early as directed. At the time it started I was on the phone trying to locate a lost package. Just when I put the phone down, I saw a box with typing in the bottom right corner disappear. Did I need to sign in, or was my link sufficient to identify myself as watching?

Nope, you didn't need to login as the link contained all the necessary information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Did you not see it, Kay?  The box in the corner was about muting because the session was being recorded if I got it correct.

Yes, we watched the webinar. I was a little late giving it my full attention, but I do not think I missed anything from the comments here. I learned a lot about the changes in Ice Strait Point.  We have a May cruise booked for Alaska that stops at ISP. I expect it will be cancelled.

 

The red dot in the corner during seminar said it was being recorded. However, I did not think they could see or hear me. On ZOOM, I have to sign in with internet audio and video to be heard and seen.

 

What I saw may have been an announcement that the computer was updating, as it told me immediately after the webinar that it had successfully updated and needed to restart.

 

Thanks Thelma and Ken for the information!

Edited by Glendakayself
Link to post
Share on other sites

If that was suppose to get me interested in Alaska......well, it didn't. 

 

Boring and not a good presentation for an organization the size of Celebrity.  I have to say that I really was not interested in pictures of LPP's vacation in Alaska, and if I had to rate it, I would give the entire presentation 2 stars.

 

Oh well, 5 points to add to the total  !

Link to post
Share on other sites

No sound issues on my side, but I’m probably so use to bad sound from all webex meetings I do  with work I don’t even notice it.  It’s not a recorded tv studio or set up in a studio with perfect sound equipment but I got the info, still want sun n beaches along with 80+ temps.  Maybe in a few years.  Info was interesting overall 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bad news is that LLP dominated the early going and as usual didn't say anything of interest.  The good news is that her microphone was so bad that her voice was garbled and low in volume, so it was easy to ignore her.  The better news is that once she got out of the way this webinar really was worth watching – Icy Strait Point sounds like a very interesting port stop.  Now looking for a cruise that combines ISP and Glacier Bay!  [So good webinar for me, not so much for Celebrity...]

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Interesting presentation. Lots of good information for those interested in a cruise to Alaska.

Love the positivity, C-Dragons!!  Many seem to want to pounce on LLP, for ANY reason they can.  As one who has to participate in 15+ Zoom meetings each week, many, myself included, have had technical issues, it is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4th one in a row where her audio has been horrible.   Someone in her organization should be able to fix the problem with a simple $30 headset or the bluetooth earbuds everyone wears on TV.  Yes I will pounce.  I also don't need to see 35 minutes of her family vacation.  The presentation ran 15 minutes over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Love the positivity, C-Dragons!!  Many seem to want to pounce on LLP, for ANY reason they can.  As one who has to participate in 15+ Zoom meetings each week, many, myself included, have had technical issues, it is what it is.

Still, it's quite a contrast to the terrific camera and mic work on Carol Cabezas, the President of the new independent Azamara.  If LLP is going to dominate every webinar the way she does, it is incumbent on her to make sure Celebrity IT fixes the problems on her end.  When the entire webinar was a technical disaster, it was one thing – but for every other part to be top notch and her mic to suck???

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

4th one in a row where her audio has been horrible.   Someone in her organization should be able to fix the problem with a simple $30 headset or the bluetooth earbuds everyone wears on TV.  Yes I will pounce.  I also don't need to see 35 minutes of her family vacation.  The presentation ran 15 minutes over.

you could of logged out

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I believe if you log out before the end you don't get your points.

so thus no one scoop of gelato or a specialty 2.5 oz of coffee, makes total sense😏

Edited by LGW59
Link to post
Share on other sites

At first I thought that the poor audio was on my end, but when the webinar switched to other speakers, I realized that it was only LLP's transmission that was garbled.  She sounded as if she were two feet under water.  Trying to understand her gave me a headache.  Where do I complain? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I believe if you log out before the end you don't get your points.

My laptop ran out of battery part way through the webinar and dropped out.  I got back in and watched the rest.  I wonder whether I'll get my points.  I will really be annoyed if I don't,  given the painful experience of trying to understand LLP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The two previous LLP zooms made me realize that I wouldn't go through that again for just a handful of Club points.  Too painful.

 

But I did book an Alaskan cruise this month...on another cruise line.  I'm paying $671pp/pd for a 449SF Penthouse cabin with butler, air fare, all specialty restaurants, a 5 star hotel night pre cruise, all transfers, premium liquor set up in cabin, all excursions and everything else all inclusive; not "always included."  I can order lobster tail, Alaskan king crab clusters, scallops or USDA prime steak every night if I like in the main dining restaurant. 

 

Comparing Celebrity's price for the same month to Alaska on Eclipse in an S1 308SF cabin without air, etc, etc.... is  $647pp/pd.  Both rates are refundable.

 

Oh my TA is additionally giving me $600 OBC and $1,500 cash rebate which lowers my pp/pd cost even more. I'm glad Celebrity raised their rates which made me open my eyes to a real luxury cruise line.

 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new owners at Azamara will do now that it won't be under the RCG fare raising/cost cutting dictate.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have signed up twice for this program and not had any notices in the past 8 months. The only prompt I see on the Celebrity Power Up site is Sign Up For Emails. I Am I missing something ? or is it extremely targeted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who tuned into the ALASKA Webinar - this is the beautiful whale that my camera captured the first identifiable photos of and I was able to name her “HOONAH” (People of the North Wind).


For the 75% (staggering number) of Captain’s Club members who have not visited ALASKA, it’s a dream trip!   I rank it right up there with our cruises to New Zealand and South America.

Kind regards, “Heather"

1875358420_ScreenShot2021-01-29at7_59_19AM.png.0f8cae2c5a9c3c46e8c5dc005e5b29f7.png145135043_ScreenShot2021-01-29at7_59_27AM.png.b8f61ace954060e6e476385345092d35.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, t00thpix said:

I have signed up twice for this program and not had any notices in the past 8 months. The only prompt I see on the Celebrity Power Up site is Sign Up For Emails. I Am I missing something ? or is it extremely targeted.

I have noticed that my PUP emails often come into my in-box with time stamps that are significantly earlier than when they actually arrive.  This causes them to locate way up the page from where current emails show.  Since I'm looking at the bottom of the page for new emails, it's easy to miss the ones from Celebrity PUP.   Maybe that has happened to yours too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Still, it's quite a contrast to the terrific camera and mic work on Carol Cabezas, the President of the new independent Azamara.  If LLP is going to dominate every webinar the way she does, it is incumbent on her to make sure Celebrity IT fixes the problems on her end.  When the entire webinar was a technical disaster, it was one thing – but for every other part to be top notch and her mic to suck???

 

Their IT fix something! They have been unable to fix their website for years. I have been unable to sign in for 3-4 weeks and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bertram4me said:

 

Their IT fix something! They have been unable to fix their website for years. I have been unable to sign in for 3-4 weeks and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Try signing in using an InPrivate or Incognito window.  It works perfectly.  That's the only way I access the X website! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hvbaskey said:

For the 75% (staggering number) of Captain’s Club members who have not visited ALASKA, it’s a dream trip!   I rank it right up there with our cruises to New Zealand and South America.

 

Actually, the statement was that 75% of Captain’s Club members have not visited Alaska on Celebrity. We have made the trip, but it was on a different line. Can't imagine we're the only CC members who have done so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

 

Actually, the statement was that 75% of Captain’s Club members have not visited Alaska on Celebrity. We have made the trip, but it was on a different line. Can't imagine we're the only CC members who have done so.

 

Thank you for the correction of my poor statement.   In my thoughts / head I meant Celebrity when I mentioned Captain’s Club members ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

 

Actually, the statement was that 75% of Captain’s Club members have not visited Alaska on Celebrity. We have made the trip, but it was on a different line. Can't imagine we're the only CC members who have done so.

Quite so. We've visited Alaska, but not on Celebrity as yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...