Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

Our points haven't posted for either February activities haven't posted.   If there not there by Monday i guess I will be emailing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at my account and saw that my points were added to my account.  Of course, I would love to earn these points the old way (cruising).

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Thank you. I'll email them my post about the steak and see what happens

I received a reply to my email today. Not only did they say that I've already received the 30 PUPs (I got 2 CC points not 5) but they said "I count 42 Power Up Points included in your personal total of 610 Club Points at Elite tier." I have 686 points. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I received a reply to my email today. Not only did they say that I've already received the 30 PUPs (I got 2 CC points not 5) but they said "I count 42 Power Up Points included in your personal total of 610 Club Points at Elite tier." I have 686 points. 

 

I don't know where they get their info from. I was on the phone with an agent this week who thanked me for my Elite Plus loyalty with 995 points. I replied "Don't think so and don't know where you're seeing that info as I have over 2,000 points!!!" He gave no explanation 😕

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
correction
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems quite a few of us did not receive the 3 points for the steak image 😞. I presume because the tag information provided was incorrect as has been said here. The points are irrelevant to me as I am too far from the next level, but if I have taken part, following the instructions provided by X, then I feel miffed at not being awarded the points, having gone to the effort to participate in the exercise 🤷‍♀️.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, downsmead said:

It seems quite a few of us did not receive the 3 points for the steak image 😞. I presume because the tag information provided was incorrect as has been said here. The points are irrelevant to me as I am too far from the next level, but if I have taken part, following the instructions provided by X, then I feel miffed at not being awarded the points, having gone to the effort to participate in the exercise 🤷‍♀️.

I agree with you.  This activity required a lot of effort, but we really enjoyed it. We met Chef MIchy years ago on a wine/culinary activity, and liked her a lot.

 Tomorrow is the anniversary of our "Stay at home" mandate, it's been a long year and I really miss traveling and cruising.  Doing these activities have been fun and they keep me hopeful, hopeful of earning my points the old way soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, cruisestitch said:

Ok, this is new, at least to me. Fill out a survey and get 20 power up Points = 2 Captain’s Club points.  No sailing required.  This came via email. 

58499162-C8CC-45C2-ACE8-C980CB0B3C23.jpeg

2CAD8989-62E8-40D4-936F-4D7832AB9291.jpeg

What good is elite or elite plus status with mandatory all inclusive?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

What good is elite or elite plus status with mandatory all inclusive?

 

Mentioned somewhere is that some sailings won’t have mandatory AI (last minute sales, etc).

 

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if all-inclusive goes away one day and we are back to choices, 1, 2, 3 or all perks.   IF (or when) that happens, then perks are quite nice.


Otherwise, enjoy the free laundry 🙌

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

What good is elite or elite plus status with mandatory all inclusive?

The higher your Captains Club level (I refuse to use the word status) the more wonderful memories you own!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:


Otherwise, enjoy the free laundry 🙌

The free laundry plus the 2 items  pressed & 1 dry cleaned makes packing much easier, and let’s not forget priority tendering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, downsmead said:

It seems quite a few of us did not receive the 3 points for the steak image 😞. I presume because the tag information provided was incorrect as has been said here. The points are irrelevant to me as I am too far from the next level, but if I have taken part, following the instructions provided by X, then I feel miffed at not being awarded the points, having gone to the effort to participate in the exercise 🤷‍♀️.

 

I did the first two 'social' PUP offers they had asking for posting on Facebook or Instagram to post a pic or make a specific reference or tag Celebrity and I did not receive points for either of them.  I used Facebook for mine as I do not post on Instagram (maybe they focused on Instagram only) so I just wrote it off and said never again because as you said it's effort (and advertising) for no reward, even if the reward is little.

 

I continue to do the surveys and quizzes and always get the points so happy with just that, though I would be happier to be earning them on the high seas 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The free laundry plus the 2 items  pressed & 1 dry cleaned makes packing much easier, and let’s not forget priority tendering.

Sometimes I wonder if those that are saying what's the benefit of elite and elite plus now with AI are even at that tier level yet. We still see value/benefits in those tier levels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

The higher your Captains Club level (I refuse to use the word status) the more wonderful memories you own!

 

Agree ... Celebrity identifies them as Captain's Club Tiers so that would work too.  Given my current tier, status makes me feel inferior 😞

 

Edited by poffles
Link to post
Share on other sites

My laundry is just as clean whether everyone uses the laundry or just I use it. My drink at the Captains Club cocktail party tastes just like the one my friend got at a bar on the opposite end of the ship and paid for it.  We each enjoyed our drinks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Sometimes I wonder if those that are saying what's the benefit of elite and elite plus now with AI are even at that tier level yet. We still see value/benefits in those tier levels. 

 

Same here.  In addition, even with drinks packages (around for ages) - we enjoy attending the Captain’s Club Happy Hour to chit chat and socialize.   Its even more special when you have a great host/ess that attends as well (e.g., Graham is very interactive).

 

There are benefits which are not necessarily tangible - but make the cruise more enjoyable 💫

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luvcrusn, You might be under the impression that the laundry is DIY.  Not on Celebrity.  The Elite benefit provides some free laundry, no DIY involved

Edited by Alakegirl
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Luvcrusn, You might be under the impression that the laundry is DIY.  Not on Celebrity.  The Elite benefit provides some free laundry, no DIY involved

Nope, not under that impression at all!  Besides, I don't want to DIY laundry on vacation...I do quite enough at home.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't book a suite, the AI wifi is the slower speed.  CC members used to get a discount for wifi packages so I'm waiting to see if there's an associated CC discount for upgrading to streaming speed.  Have to wait for cruising to begin to see, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The free laundry plus the 2 items  pressed & 1 dry cleaned makes packing much easier, and let’s not forget priority tendering.

 

Both Elite and Elite + get priority tendering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

If you don't book a suite, the AI wifi is the slower speed.  CC members used to get a discount for wifi packages so I'm waiting to see if there's an associated CC discount for upgrading to streaming speed.  Have to wait for cruising to begin to see, I guess.

 

The slower WiFi is good enough for most things. Really would only need the stream wifi for online gaming or Netflix. I was able to do long FaceTime calls with the slower wifi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

Both Elite and Elite + get priority tendering.

Under the current no cruising allowed I'm much more concerned with getting ONTO a ship than getting off of one! 🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

If you don't book a suite, the AI wifi is the slower speed.  CC members used to get a discount for wifi packages so I'm waiting to see if there's an associated CC discount for upgrading to streaming speed.  Have to wait for cruising to begin to see, I guess.


Elite get 30% off package or Upgrade, E+ 35%

 

Full chart on X website outlines all benefits.  The  screenshot is highlights of Elite benefits.7121EE47-7537-4A74-AA8C-215B378BA7EF.thumb.png.9becfca1998ba2f423c930f1a447899a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...