Jump to content

Captain’s Club Power Up Points


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I did it and got an immediate text which required a reply of Y.  I'll wait for the 3 points and then text STOP.  They have to abide by STOP.

Edited by goofysmom99
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Text and messaging rates apply.  💵💲

 

What’s next, sign up for collect calls?📞☎️

I can't remember how long it's been since my cell phone plan charged me for text or messaging – or calls.  To me, this was the easiest 3 point offer of the entire PowerUp program.  And yeah, if it gets oppressive I will send STOP.  [But if they don't implement the Azamara split soon, I only need 8 more points to qualify for 6 free nights!  I can take a few more spam texts on my phone to get that! ]

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TequilaJane said:

Tried to sign up nothing happens. There should have been an instant reply

Same here, wonder if I did something wrong. I used the quotes like the email said. Should I not use the quotes. Personally with unlimited texts it's no issue to delete whatever they send, just like an email. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Same here, wonder if I did something wrong. I used the quotes like the email said. Should I not use the quotes. Personally with unlimited texts it's no issue to delete whatever they send, just like an email. 

I did it without the quotes and got nothing.  I then tried using the other link and also got nothing from that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I did it without the quotes and got nothing.  I then tried using the other link and also got nothing from that.

Ok, I went back and read the email. Click on the right link and sign up to receive texts, then you will get a text from them you respond with a Y. After that I texted Captainsclub back and received a text to send my CC number. Did that and it said my points will be credited it. Try all that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ORV said:

Ok, I went back and read the email. Click on the right link and sign up to receive texts, then you will get a text from them you respond with a Y. After that I texted Captainsclub back and received a text to send my CC number. Did that and it said my points will be credited it. Try all that. 

I did and received nothing.  Neither did my DH using his link

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I did it and got an immediate text which required a reply of Y.  I'll wait for the 3 points and then text STOP.  They have to abide by STOP.

The terms and conditions state you must remain registered through August 6, 2021 or they will take the points back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we did this directly from our phones using our email links nothing happened, got nothing back. We did it again from our tablets and got the texts back. IDK how the X IT team keep their jobs. Shaking my head......whatever....it worked.. 3 more points...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

When we did this directly from our phones using our email links nothing happened, got nothing back. We did it again from our tablets and got the texts back. IDK how the X IT team keep their jobs. Shaking my head......whatever....it worked.. 3 more points...

I had the opposite experience.  Tried signing up via IPad with no luck.  Switched to my phone and it worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first PUP activity for which I received no invitation. Is it restricted to US residents? My plan includes text messages to and from both Canada and the US at no extra cost, so I'd take the points if the offer was extended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, downsmead said:

Interesting, we don’t seem to have got this one in the U.K. 🤷‍♀️

Wife and I never get anything here, despite both being registered. I have only managed to get any PUP's by following this thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, downsmead said:

Interesting, we don’t seem to have got this one in the U.K. 🤷‍♀️

Me neither, although texts from abroad could pose a problem. I clicked on the link provided by Patty 1955 and just got taken to the Celebrity site.

AF9EF54A-2086-4765-B837-4FA6ECD50C1D.png

Edited by upwarduk
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

 I only need 8 more points to qualify for 6 free nights!  I can take a few more spam texts on my phone to get that!

How do you qualify for 6 free nights on Azamara?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

How do you qualify for 6 free nights on Azamara?

 

Excuse me for jumping in.

 

Azamara's loyalty program is tied to Celebrity's since they were both under Royal. Azamara has a different kind of loyalty program, and part of this is free nights. Here's snip:

image.png.828422190e758a897fafb6837a2781a0.png

 

The number of points is tied directly to CC.

 

The good news is that even under new ownership they intend to maintain this for a while. See 

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/transition

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, downsmead said:

Interesting, we don’t seem to have got this one in the U.K. 🤷‍♀️

 

Seems here in Canada might not be included either as this one didn't reach me here either.  That sucks. 

 

I wonder how it connects the cell phone number you enter for text to your actual Celebrity Club account since it doesn't ask for this?

Edited by poffles
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

This is the first PUP activity for which I received no invitation. Is it restricted to US residents? My plan includes text messages to and from both Canada and the US at no extra cost, so I'd take the points if the offer was extended.

 

It would seem this is the limitation.  I just tried the link with a VPN (USA host) and I now get the expected page to enter the phone number whereas before I only got the main Celebrity page others got.  I did not actually submit my phone number though as I am not sure how it knows how to relate the cell number to the club account and thinking that perhaps the link is specific somehow and it would all be for nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, poffles said:

 

It would seem this is the limitation.  I just tried the link with a VPN (USA host) and I now get the expected page to enter the phone number whereas before I only got the main Celebrity page others got.  I did not actually submit my phone number though as I am not sure how it knows how to relate the cell number to the club account and thinking that perhaps the link is specific somehow and it would all be for nothing.

I gave it a try via VPN and it won't accept my number. I suspect that if one has a non-US area code, an error code is generated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they don't know we have cell phones in Canada.  I didn't get it either, but I'm not bothered as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...