6-11-20 Thursday Weigh-In...It's Thursday....Hip Hip Hooray!

Belle

Was it Hip Hip Hooray for you today

Or didn't the week go your way

Always be another Thursday you know

You always come in..never say no

The pounds will go away sometimes slow or fast

Main thing we want the loss's to last

Know it's harder at this time for most of us being inside

We know should be eating healthy, and walking/ exercising outside

Everyone has to do what they think is best

Staying inside makes you feel safe..do it..this isn't a test

That's what nice about this site

No wrong or right

No judgement here..just want everyone to be healthy and lose the pounds you say

Fast or slow..with or without exercise..do it your way

Edited by Belle
  • Like 3

Good Morning Belle - Hope you have a wonderful day!!!  

I am up 2.2# and am hoping that it might be some water weight.  We went out to dinner with our daughter and family last night ... it was wonderful ... first time with them since sometime in February.  I ate too much and then had flourless chocolate cake that was totally amazing.  

Today I am meeting with my trainer (in a garage with some gym equipment).  It feels great to do a little exercising again!!!  

Hope everyone had a good week.  Jan

• Like 2

Belle, thanks for the poem.

Hip hip hooray for me, I lost 1 lb. 

Jan, great you went out.  I'm sure your gain will come off fast, probably from the dinner out. Great you can meet with the trainer.

Stay healthy,

Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Like 2

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice introduction to the thread this week.

Jan ~ well at least you enjoyed yourself & know that you can lose those pounds again.

DIana ~ hip hip hooray for you but boo hoo for me, I'm up a pound. Must have been those little bags of Cheetos & Doritos.😉 I still haven't learned to stop bringing the junk home.

Have a nice day. I'm at a Zoom meeting while posting here. I'm muted & invisible so it's okay.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

I'm up 2# from Monday, but it's also T.O.M. and very humid so I suspect some water weight.  I feel much better with the change in nutrition and trust the weight will drop quickly.  I am down .4 from last Thursday, so I guess it's still a win.

I get to meet with my trainer next Monday and can't wait to get back to it.  I was good at the grocery stores today and the only unplanned "treat" is plantain chips to go with sandwiches.  It's a small bag so we won't be able to over-do it.

Have a great weekend!

• Like 2

Jo, small gain.

Pacruise, you are down from last week so that's good.

Just found out today our gym is reopening on June 22nd. We'll probably go after lunchtime, the least busy time.

They seem to have a good plan: You make a workout reservation. You can workout for 1 hour followed by a 30 minute closure for cleaning. We'll wear masks. Probably use one machine for the time being: bike, elliptical, treadmill.

I was rading a medical expert's suggestion's after you visit the gym: hand sanitizer when you leave the gym; wash clothes/face mask immediately after returning home; leave workout shoes in the garage; shower immediately. 

What can we say, we all hope as we do more things that we can avoid this virus, but who knows. 

Have nice evening, Diana

• Like 2

Hi all. I was up 1.8# from last week. No surprise with our at home drink of the day fun and what turned into a lot of takeout to go with it. At least I didn't gain as much as I normally do on an actual cruise! 😆 We were good yesterday and the scale reflected that this morning, so I'm sure it will come back off soon...just another hill in the roller coaster. 

• Like 2

My husband had the day off so we took the kids to the pool. There were very few people when we got there, and we left after an hour and a half. I'm sure it's packed now. It's supposed to be in the upper 90's here all week. We picked the first tomatoes from our garden, but they're still ripening up on the counter. We have some jalapenos that are getting big, but aren't quite ready yet. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 1

Mel, sorry for the gain. Our tomatoes are still green. Hopefully in another month we have some red. Our zucchini is going crazy though. Sounds like you hit the pool at the right time. 

Belle, good on the lb. loss. 

I think hubby and I found our favorite time for grocery shopping: 9am. There is hardly anyone in the store, no wait at the checkout and it's not crazy hot yet. 

Hope eveyone has a good weekend.

Diana

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone.  Hope you have a good Sunday.

Take care going out..eating..exercising..whatever you do.

Hope you don't have to do housework...remember Sunday is a day of rest!:classic_smile: (I can give lessons):classic_laugh:

Edited by Belle

We finished putting a fence around our garden yesterday. We start school again in three weeks so I started our first week's lesson plan too. I have a birthday cake to deliver this afternoon for a mom of one of my past brides, so I've been in the kitchen all morning. My first big-ish wedding is in a couple weeks. They're expecting 100 guests now. I'm not sure I would want to work an event where I had to stay while guests were there, like all the photographers and djs. I am fortunate that I can just drop off a cake before most others are there and leave. I think we're going to grill chicken tonight, and at some point I need to walk. Motivation is lacking though.

Mel, you're smart to not work the wedding. Drop off cake....goodbye. It's too risky.

Chicken on the grill sounds great. One of the things I love about summer is grilling. We had a huge zucchini in the garden. I didn't see it I guess. We grilled half of it with dinner....healthy, along with hot dogs....not healthy and fresh corn...healthy. Oh well, the good with the bad. I love grilled vegetables, could live on them.

I started puttering in the yard this morning and winded up out there for 1:30 hours. It's ok I got some things done I had been meaning to do.

Hi Belle, hope you had a good Sunday. Hope you rested. 

Diana

Hello one and all.  No one talking today.  Did you have a good weekend?

How are you doing?   My computer is acting up off and on.  Hope this goes on.

This weekend finally mowed the lawn/weeds.  Did some cleaning in my bedroom.  

Gee did a little work and it didn't kill me.:classic_smile:  

Hope you all having a good week.  How is your eating going?  I'm trying to have more hours between my eating.

I eat only two meals a day, sometimes only one meal.  Working for me at this time.  Not getting much exercise

so need to eat less.

Tell us what your doing eating wise?  We all need new ideas at times.  Hope we all have a loss Thursday..

no matter how big or small.

• Like 1

I'm doing the 2B mindset, which involves lots of water & vegetables.  Some carbs with breakfast & lunch but only protein & (low carb) vegetables with supper.  It has taken some creativity but I'm finding I really enjoy some vegetables I didn't think I liked.  Since DH is WFH full time now and the kids are home for the supper I am also doing some bigger meals at lunch so we can still enjoy the occasional pizza/pasta.  Last week I did some homemade pizzas and stromboli with homemade dough and today was bucatini pasta with sauce.

Getting bids on whole house A/C this week - I think we may have found a use for the unused cruise money 😉 

Belle, I'm here. Sorry your computer is acting up. Good to get some yard work done. If nothing else, it's nice to be outside. 

Pacruise, sounds like you are doing very with the eating. Homemade pizza and stromboli..yum!

Hubby and I have been eating a lot of vegetables. We have a lot in the yard. Last night we had chicken. And with more zucchini to use hubby made a dish of zucchini, canned tomatoes, onions, garlic. The leftovers will go in pasta primavera sauce in a couple days for dinner.

We finally have ripe apricots on our tree so snacking on those. Very good for us. 

Going out for dinner tonight. 

Have a good evening, Diana

• Like 1

Good Morning

Have a good day.  Mel, Diana and Mel sounds like your all doing well and keeping busy.

Yes computer acting up at times but still works at other times just going to wait and

see what happens. Then deal with it if goes out.  

Take care everyone

19 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Getting bids on whole house A/C this week - I think we may have found a use for the unused cruise money 😉 

We found a way to spend ours too. We woke up yesterday to a refrigerator that wasn't working, and then later in the day, my shorts got caught on a cabinet handle in the kitchen...tore the hinge right out of the wood. 🤦‍♀️ I got a huge price drop on our January cruise just the day before, so I guess it all evened out. I didn't walk yesterday, but I worked on straightening our guest room (where I store a bunch of supplies), made a thousand trips moving food to our 2nd fridge, and worked a little in the garage. I still got all my steps in, but I was so frustrated with the day that we ordered junk food for dinner. Sigh...today will be better. 

• Like 1

Yesterday wasn't the best day ... I told DH I was going to drown my sorrows with an extra glass(es) of wine. 

I am really getting tired of the world being upended - but, we are all healthy so I really can't complain (much)

I have spent the last 2 1/2 years planning a family cruise to Bermuda - with the kids and my son-in-law's mother - there will be 9 of us and it is a anniversary cruise for our 47th ... We have a vow renewal and I've planned excursions, dinners, hotels, transportation, etc.  This is our gift to our family.  We were going on August 14th.  Yesterday it was canceled.  Now I am dealing with trying to get money back, excursions canceled, hotels, etc.  I just feel sorry that it isn't happening this year.  Ok, now my pity party is over ... If that is all of my worries, I guess I have life pretty good!  Now I just need to start planning this cruise for the same dates next year!

Hope everyone has had a good week .... I'm don't think I will have a loss this week .... Will keep trying.  Jan

• Like 1

Mel, you were busy yesterday. Sometimes I forget what a workout doing stuff around the house can be. 

Jan, I'm sorry your cruise got cancelled. What a great time it would have been. It takes so long to plan and organize a trip like that then poof.

I felt the same way in March when our South America cruise was cancelled. So many months of planning. 

We have no cruises/vacations planned for the rest of 2020. I can't deal with all that planning, etc then they get cancelled, then trying to get refunds/credits. 

Hubby and I had a nice dinner out last night. The protocols were being followed. Both brought leftovers home so that's good. Hubby ordered an appetizer for us and he ate most of it. Ok though, less on my hips! 

Have a good day, Diana

• Like 1

Diana - left overs from eating out is always a good thing: stretches the food budget and hopefully doesn't stretch the waist line 🙂 Apps seem so big at restaurants anymore - almost can make a meal just from it.  Your garden sounds great.

Jan - I'm sorry about your cruise.  We were hoping to take DH's parents to Alaska in 2022 for a 50th anniversary cruise but I think we should probably reconsider - at least we haven't done much planning yet.  Maybe a train ride through the Western US would be a big enough splurge.

Mel - what a day!  Did the shorts survive?  I'm glad you at least had a back-up fridge.  Definitely sounds like a takeout type of day.

Belle - hope your computer woes are soon behind you.

So sorry we all had to cancel cruises this year especially special ones like yours Jan.  Then having to wait

for refunds. My cruises for May which were canceled in March, still waiting for the refunds.  Cancel cruises for

August (just deposit) might get refunds by Christmas!:classic_laugh:

Mel sorry you had a bad start tin the day,  We really depend on the fridge. Nice you have a 2nd one.

Jan so sorry about your special cruise being canceled.  All that planning. Then poof. But I bet you

knew it was going to happen at this time in our crazy, upside world. Understand the wine!

Diana glad you had a nice dinner out again. No cruises this year is terrible..I want to go on one..know everyone does.

Hope everything a go for next year.

Pac don't know what's going on with my computer. But it's working more than not right now. So it's wait

and see.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/night and will see you on Thursday.