Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just wondering if anyone knows how close to a sailing do they cancel, if they are?  I know this all depends on a lot of things but the past cancellations, how close to a sailing date did they cancel? We have a cruise scheduled for Aug.29th out of Miami and its nerve wracking not knowing if its a go or not LOL. 

Edited by cawagner
needed more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cawagner said:

Just wondering if anyone knows how close to a sailing do they cancel, if they are?  I know this all depends on a lot of things but the past cancellations, how close to a sailing date did they cancel? We have a cruise scheduled for Aug.29th out of Miami and its nerve wracking not knowing if its a go or not LOL. 

They cancelled my July Mariner cruise about 3 weeks before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They cancelled my July Mariner cruise about 3 weeks before. 

Ugh, its just a waiting game then....we have a plan B in our back pocket for a local land getaway in case we dont get to sail....oh the anxiety 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am in the same position , we are booked on Anthem 16th August , we booked it at a really good rate knowing there was a very high chance it would be cancelled but a gamble i was prepared to take for the money. 

 

Now though we wait and check here a few times a day to see if or when they do pull it! 

 

Summer holiday cruise out of the UK at around 50% capacity actually sounds ideal to me, face masks or not! 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I am worried our November cruise will be canceled.

 

We are right there with you. Had last three cruises cancelled. Have Liberty scheduled for Nov. 1st. Guess we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If ours is canceled, there is nothing with current pricing that we can afford when we could sail again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

If ours is canceled, there is nothing with current pricing that we can afford when we could sail again.

Lift and shift it to next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the dates I have for the 4 waves of cancellations so far

 

On 3/13 - Cancelled all cruises through April 10

On 3/24 - Cancelled all cruises through May 11

On 4/16 - Cancelled all cruises through June 11

On 5/20 - Cancelled all cruises through July 31

 

There are some others like Explorer cancelling all August cruises, but these were the mass cancellations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you. I'm guessing they won't cancel before final payment.

We have ...or had....Mariner Aug 31.  Final payment is next week and we decided to cancel.  Didn't want to pay it off and then not sure if it was going or not.  (We have additional hurdle of not knowing if the US/Canadian border will be open).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I hear you. I'm guessing they won't cancel before final payment.

We have ...or had....Mariner Aug 31.  Final payment is next week and we decided to cancel.  Didn't want to pay it off and then not sure if it was going or not.  (We have additional hurdle of not knowing if the US/Canadian border will be open).  

Hope you didn't pay any kind of fee to cancel a non-refundable deposit because there is ways in place right now to move that deposit to a FCC or to another cruise next year free of  a change fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hope you didn't pay any kind of fee to cancel a non-refundable deposit because there is ways in place right now to move that deposit to a FCC or to another cruise next year free of  a change fee.

Thanks so much for mentioning to make sure.

We had non-refundable but the amount will be given as FCC. Didn't look at the option of moving that deposit to another cruise (which might have been a better idea as i can see we are going to end up with multiple FCCs, which is an issue when you can only apply 1/cruise)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sitting and watching my 11/7 Symphony cruise and hope that by then we will be all good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it doesn't seem like it but cancellation announcements have got better.

 

Back in late March, P&O in the UK even cancelled one cruise at 2am on the morning of the cruise - people had flown in, got hotels etc etc so were understandably pretty upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

I hear you. I'm guessing they won't cancel before final payment.

We have ...or had....Mariner Aug 31.  Final payment is next week and we decided to cancel.  Didn't want to pay it off and then not sure if it was going or not.  (We have additional hurdle of not knowing if the US/Canadian border will be open).  

 

@Ourusualbeach   Have you heard any rumors or conjecture about what would happen if some of these cruise itineraries get the green light to sail but the Canadian border is closed? I would think there's a lot of people that cross over to various ports to board............. is there any refund policy around "physically impossible to get to the port"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

 

@Ourusualbeach   Have you heard any rumors or conjecture about what would happen if some of these cruise itineraries get the green light to sail but the Canadian border is closed? I would think there's a lot of people that cross over to various ports to board............. is there any refund policy around "physically impossible to get to the port"? 

We were in that similar situation in March when all this started.  No special consideration given just the options under CWC which at least allows you a full FCC up to 48 hours prior to sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In RCI's perfect world...they really prefer to cancel just after you have made final payment.  😉  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Lift and shift it to next year?

 

Do you know if we can Lift and Shift a cancelled cruise now?  We have a Nov 1st and if cancelled we'd like to lift and shift.  But I'm running out of room in Oct and November next year after doing another Lift and Shift and previously booked cruises so I hope our November cruise actually does go!!! Meanwhile I better see how I can squeeze another one it within the rules of L&S just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...