SHIP BY SHIP

Hawkstar33

This is just what Ive seen by going on my TA website.....I looked at each ship. When and when they were taking bookings.   For instance, Equinox Aug 1st.  Caribbean.    Summit, nothing till Nov. Caribbean,   Reflection Aug 10 British Isles, Connie Aug 17 Europe, Solstice Sept 28 Australia.. So Equinox will go first.      All obviously still pending right now, but looks like these may be starting dates..Could happen

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

This is just what Ive seen by going on my TA website.....I looked at each ship. When and when they were taking bookings.   For instance, Equinox Aug 1st.  Caribbean.    Summit, nothing till Nov. Caribbean,   Reflection Aug 10 British Isles, Connie Aug 17 Europe, Solstice Sept 28 Australia.. So Equinox will go first.      All obviously still pending right now, but looks like these may be starting dates..Could happen

Anything is possible, but until Celebrity officially cancels future cruises no matter the date or embarkation port, cruises will be listed on their website and TA websites. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

More pipe dreams.   Highly unlikely Australia will be open for cruise ships in September if this year.  Summit is taking bookings for October.  Both Infinity & Connie are showing cruises for August in Europe. 
My crystal ball says the next  announcement of suspended cruises will cancel most remaining if not all August cruises and into September.

• Like 4

Just now, jelayne said:

More pipe dreams.   Highly unlikely Australia will be open for cruise ships in September if this year.  Summit is taking bookings for October.  Both Infinity & Connie are showing cruises for August in Europe. 
My crystal ball says the next  announcement of suspended cruises will cancel most remaining if not all August cruises and into September.

Caribbean may be it

The ban on cruise ships in Australia is September 17th, of course this could still be pushed back.

Irrespective, there is no way our borders will be open to travellers from the northern hemisphere by then.  The only way the ships could sail  would be with local cruisers only or from travel bubble countries like NZ. 

• Like 1

Always a top notch crew on Equinox.  Hoping to see several of them that we have befriended over the yrs.  Ship will no doubt be immaculate, and safe.   Screening procedures amped up.  I'm ready  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

My crystal ball agrees with yours. 🔮

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Always a top notch crew on Equinox.  Hoping to see several of them that we have befriended over the yrs.  Ship will no doubt be immaculate, and safe.   Screening procedures amped up.  I'm ready  

Most of them are sitting at home right now in Mumbai, Manilla, Jakarta, etc.  Expect totally new crew when sailing resumes.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Given that nothing has been published (that I've seen) from yesterday's meeting with the CDC, anything is possible.

This is what makes me mad.  Celebrity is just so poor at keeping people informed. I know everything is not all decided, but how about a simple status report updating us on what was discussed at the meeting.  At least share what you can tell us!  Or at least tell us the meeting was held, such and such was discussed, but no final decisions were made.  With no feedback everyone is just left to speculate.   IMHO this demonstrates a serious lack of loyalty to their passengers, particularly (but not exclusively) those that have been loyal to them for many, many years.  I know Celebrity is not alone in that regard, but that is no excuse.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

This is what makes me mad.  Celebrity is just so poor at keeping people informed. I know everything is not all decided, but how about a simple status report updating us on what was discussed at the meeting.  At least share what you can tell us!  Or at least tell us the meeting was held, such and such was discussed, but no final decisions were made.  With no feedback everyone is just left to speculate.   IMHO this demonstrates a serious lack of loyalty to their passengers, particularly (but not exclusively) those that have been loyal to them for many, many years.  I know Celebrity is not alone in that regard, but that is no excuse.

Well, they may not know right at this point and are probably still figuring things out when it comes to "opening" again.  However, IF August & September cruises are cancelled, we should be finding out in about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Couldn’t agree more. I would even be happy with “we met, we talked, we decided nothing. Stay tuned!”  The speculation by all the “experts” drives crazy!  

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Couldn’t agree more. I would even be happy with “we met, we talked, we decided nothing. Stay tuned!”  The speculation by all the “experts” drives crazy!  

My heart agrees but my head says that, in this case, it's probably better for them to wait until decisions are forthcoming. Telling people that " 'we met, we talked, we decided nothing' " would generate more questions than it answers. Realistically, we already know that they met, talked and decided nothing or they would have announced their decision(s). JMO

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

My heart agrees but my head says that, in this case, it's probably better for them to wait until decisions are forthcoming. Telling people that " 'we met, we talked, we decided nothing' " would generate more questions than it answers. Realistically, we already know that they met, talked and decided nothing or they would have announced their decision(s). JMO

Yeh, I get that. And I think you’re right but the point that @phoenix_dream was making is that the silence is frustrating. I see both sides. Guess that makes me a diplomat 😊. Seriously though, communication and transparency is always appreciated. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yeh, I get that. And I think you’re right but the point that @phoenix_dream was making is that the silence is frustrating. I see both sides. Guess that makes me a diplomat 😊. Seriously though, communication and transparency is always appreciated. 

Agreed. Perhaps part of the problem is that we all have way too much free time on our hands nowadays and we want answers NOW!

I see that the CDC released new guidelines today for travel within the US (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html), understandably a higher priority than new guidelines for cruising. I'm sure that the latter will come in due course.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

You missed Flora which you can book on August 2. (Doubt that one is going).

The CDC “Considerations” are very dated.   Restaurants, bars, gyms, beaches etc are open in many areas of the U.S.    People are demonstrating in the streets often without masks and certainly without physical distancing.   Being a government agency it takes 10 times as long to publish anything.   It’s a shame we are all waiting for them to give us guidance about cruises.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Agreed. Perhaps part of the problem is that we all have way too much free time on our hands nowadays and we want answers NOW!

I see that the CDC released new guidelines today for travel within the US (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html), understandably a higher priority than new guidelines for cruising. I'm sure that the latter will come in due course.

To be honest I'm not sure that the CDC guidelines will be the over riding influence on cruise lines starting up. Frankly, I can't see any line starting until they can almost guarantee that they will have virus free cruising, and that means the virus has run it's course or there is a vaccine. Any line that starts up and gets a "virus" cruise will have to suspend operations again and people will have no confidence in that company being able to deliver their cruise. They would be sunk. 

Seems to me that they are all clueless about what to do and just playing out some time. I don't blame them.

2 minutes ago, leck57 said:

To be honest I'm not sure that the CDC guidelines will be the over riding influence on cruise lines starting up. Frankly, I can't see any line starting until they can almost guarantee that they will have virus free cruising, and that means the virus has run it's course or there is a vaccine. Any line that starts up and gets a "virus" cruise will have to suspend operations again and people will have no confidence in that company being able to deliver their cruise. They would be sunk. 

Seems to me that they are all clueless about what to do and just playing out some time. I don't blame them.

I'm not sure that I agree.  If they were waiting for a vaccine, they would have already put the ships into cold storage to reduce costs because it's going to be a while before a vaccine is available.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 4