Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

We've done it twice, on Grandeur and on Adventure... Pros and Cons to both of them but over all we really enjoyed it. 

Not sure if you have any specific questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did it on Enchantment OTS; it was a lot of fun -- and a lot to eat!  If you do take the class, don't eat right before; we made three different rolls, and were invited to eat them then and there.  I chose to take my plate back to our stateroom so my husband could sample my handiwork.  Once we returned home, I was inspired (and emboldened) to make more . . . it gave me a lot of confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

I did it on Enchantment OTS; it was a lot of fun -- and a lot to eat!  If you do take the class, don't eat right before; we made three different rolls, and were invited to eat them then and there.  I chose to take my plate back to our stateroom so my husband could sample my handiwork.  Once we returned home, I was inspired (and emboldened) to make more . . . it gave me a lot of confidence.

On Grandeur we were able to take what we didn't finish to go. On Adventure if you didn't finish you could not take it with you... 
We also had Champagne/Mimosas and soup on Grandeur not on Adventure... 
We made more rolls and a hand roll on Adventure, no hand roll on Grandeur
 

That's where my pros and cons came from. I should have elaborated so the OP understood they may and may not be able to take the leftovers with them.

We only did it on Adventure because we were cruising with my DS and BiL and they wanted to do it with us... 

As I said we enjoyed both just were different experiences 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

We've done it twice, on Grandeur and on Adventure... Pros and Cons to both of them but over all we really enjoyed it. 

Not sure if you have any specific questions. 

I do not have any specific questions. I don't really know enough about sushi to ask any.  I don't eat seafood, but my adult kids love sushi. I was thinking about booking the class for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

I did it on Enchantment OTS; it was a lot of fun -- and a lot to eat!  If you do take the class, don't eat right before; we made three different rolls, and were invited to eat them then and there.  I chose to take my plate back to our stateroom so my husband could sample my handiwork.  Once we returned home, I was inspired (and emboldened) to make more . . . it gave me a lot of confidence.

 

They are big eaters. I suspect they would eat it all there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

My husband, Scott, and I did this class on Anthem in 2018.  It was a lot of fun.

 

I did a review with pictures as part of my travelogue of the trip.  It’s linked in my signature.

 

I will try to attach here too so you don’t have to go looking.  The sushi class info stats on post #52 in the thread.

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2509114-anthem-of-the-seas-review-southern-caribbean-jan-28-2018-feb-9-2018/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and son did this class on our last cruise.  They really enjoyed it!  It sells out, so you will want to book in advance and it took almost 2 hours.  They said it was a great group of people and they came back very full!  I took my other son to Johnny Rockets while they were gone because sushi is not his thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

 

My husband, Scott, and I did this class on Anthem in 2018.  It was a lot of fun.

 

I did a review with pictures as part of my travelogue of the trip.  It’s linked in my signature.

 

I will try to attach here too so you don’t have to go looking.  The sushi class info stats on post #52 in the thread.

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2509114-anthem-of-the-seas-review-southern-caribbean-jan-28-2018-feb-9-2018/

 

Thank you so much for this. I loved looking at it. I think you look cute in that chair, so keep taking pictures in it.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cutigerlady said:

My husband and son did this class on our last cruise.  They really enjoyed it!  It sells out, so you will want to book in advance and it took almost 2 hours.  They said it was a great group of people and they came back very full!  I took my other son to Johnny Rockets while they were gone because sushi is not his thing!

 

I agree with your other son.  No sushi for me.  🙂  I didn't realize it was 2 hours long.  That sounds like a great time for me to go get a nice long massage.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mallefiscent said:

Thank you so much for this. I loved looking at it. I think you look cute in that chair, so keep taking pictures in it.  🙂

Thank you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 3:13 AM, Mallefiscent said:

I do not have any specific questions. I don't really know enough about sushi to ask any.  I don't eat seafood, but my adult kids love sushi. I was thinking about booking the class for them. 

 

My husband doesn't eat seafood (except for fried shrimp), so when we booked, we requested some non-fish/non-raw substitutes and they did their best to fulfill the request. Overall, the class was fun and interesting and left us with a pile of sushi to eat. We were not allowed to take anything away from the restaurant. Others who knew this in advance had family join them after the class to finish off their creations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of fun, but a couple of years ago on Allure they wouldn't let us take it out - fortunately I love sushi and ate it all, but I had very little for dinner that night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are pictures of my sushi-making efforts aboard Enchantment . . .

Sushi Class 1.jpg

Sushi Class 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Here are pictures of my sushi-making efforts aboard Enchantment . . .

Sushi Class 1.jpg

Sushi Class 2.jpg

 Thank you.  I'm going to show my kids all the pics the next time we are all together.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...