Rebook and get $150pp OBC email

I think I had read something about this on here before, but I just got the email today. It says "Exclusive offer to rebook your Alaska adventure" and is offering $150pp OBC if we rebook our cancelled Alaska cruise for the same cruise in 2021. It says we must rebook by June 30th to get the offer. It is tempting because with five of us that is $750 in OBC. As much as we would love to redo our cruise next summer, I'm still not sure about paying the deposit (which would be $800) and then waiting to see how things play out with the pandemic. I hope cruising will go back to some degree of normal a year from now. Has anyone else rebooked their cruise with this OBC offer? And if so, I am wondering if Princess mentioned if it would carry over with a refare later (if fares go down)? 

2 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I think I had read something about this on here before, but I just got the email today. It says "Exclusive offer to rebook your Alaska adventure" and is offering $150pp OBC if we rebook our cancelled Alaska cruise for the same cruise in 2021. It says we must rebook by June 30th to get the offer. It is tempting because with five of us that is $750 in OBC. As much as we would love to redo our cruise next summer, I'm still not sure about paying the deposit (which would be $800) and then waiting to see how things play out with the pandemic. I hope cruising will go back to some degree of normal a year from now. Has anyone else rebooked their cruise with this OBC offer? And if so, I am wondering if Princess mentioned if it would carry over with a refare later (if fares go down)? 

Ask for a past passenger rate deposit. I got that when I Rebooked. 

Hi -

We re-booked, (sort of) after getting the Alaska do-over email offer on the 28th of April, for booking by the end of May. I looked at the rates for next year, and the drink package price page also had a $150 pp (per person) on board credit.  So I factored two of them into my spreadsheet, and the price came out slightly higher than this year.  Before booking, I looked for where to enter the Alaska  re-book code, and the email said something about "travel professional" - so I stopped the self-booking.

By the time I checked back, the ticket price had gone UP $100 - (by May 1st.)  I also found out that the $150 credit listed as part of the price benefit, was the same one that was mentioned in the email, not an additional credit.

I have paid no deposit, and the 3 day courtesy hold for 2021 vanished after 3 days, only to re-appear on day 4 and, is now, supposedly to sit on hold and on my planner until - today (June 12th).  This year's Alaska cruise is still on the planner too along with my future cruise deposit.   So, watch your prices for next year -- and keep an eye on your bookkeeping, 'cuz the Princess staff may be lost at sea!

We got a similar email for our cancelled Alaska cruise that was supposed to depart tomorrow. We had gotten an identical mail in April that offered the same $150 credit as long as we booked before May 31. The new offer is valid for cruises in 2021 so long as they are booked by the end of June. We would rebook in a heartbeat but there are only 4 similar itineraries for next year, all on the Sun and they are completely sold out of suites and mini suites for all 4 cruises. I’m not going to pay the same for just a balcony next year, compared to what we were going to pay for a window suite on the Golden for the cancelled cruise. 

45 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

What is the past passenger rate deposit? 

When I spoke to rep he offered me a discounted deposit. It was 1/2 of price posted on website  said i was eligible as a past passenger.

We had an Alaskan cruise booked (Sun out of LA, July 2021) before this craziness hit.  Just last week, I noticed in our cruise personalizer that we each got $150 OBC.  Was a nice surprise since this wasn’t a rebooking!  It’s a college graduation cruise for my youngest so had it booked early.

We had our Land/cruise tour cancelled —have rebooked for next July and received $150 OBC/person for that cruise.  I called Princess to book.  They allowed me to book with just a $200 deposit.  Waiting for future cruise credit to finalize.  Told rep that I was not going to give Princess any more of my money.  She had to get approval to waive the higher deposit.

We were supposed to be on a TA this fall.  We had already booked Alaska for 9/2021.  Even though we had booked they gave us the extra OBC.  That was a nice surprise.  

23 hours ago, dog said:

When I spoke to rep he offered me a discounted deposit. It was 1/2 of price posted on website  said i was eligible as a past passenger.

Wow thanks I had no idea that could be available. Half the deposit would definitely be more attractive. If I decide to rebook I will ask about that.