For the Port Everglades "toot" fans

Copper10-8

Nieuw Amsterdam repatriated her first non-Asian crew in Manila Bay via tender yesterday. That tender, #15, was sent away with some extra toots/toeters "Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades-style" 😉

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Thanks Copper. I had been wondering why the Amsterdam is still in Manilla Bay. are there more crew waiting to be repatriated?

It is also so amazing to see all those ships lined up at anchorage. Great toots.

A lot of ships are now waiting in the Bay to send their non-essential, non-Asian crew home via Manila. It's a slow process, hurry up and wait 😟

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Is that the tender's horn at the start.  Don't hear those often.

Roy

Yes, that tiny one at the start of the video belongs to tender #15 and is the work of her helmsman, an officer, on his knees on his seat, while steering, with his upper body out of the open roof hatch. They - the tenders - each have one, a horn (as they also have radar, nav lights and a comm set) but, you're right, they're not used a heck of a lot, the horn that is

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Himself said:

John:  

You must have a lot of friends on the ship to get videos like these.   When do you think we will be cruising again?  I have hade two cruises cancelled.  

Some cruise lines are getting ready for August, Father, others later on this year

21 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Thanks Copper. I had been wondering why the Amsterdam is still in Manilla Bay. are there more crew waiting to be repatriated?

It is also so amazing to see all those ships lined up at anchorage. Great toots.

Btw Ma'am; this video is from the Signature-class ship Nieuw Amsterdam, as opposed to the co-flagship and "R"-class ship Amsterdam 

58 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Some cruise lines are getting ready for August, Father, others later on this year

John I was supposed to be Chaplain on the Eurodam relocating out of Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and HAL cancelled it the other day.  I thought it might have gone out of San Diego a week later but no such luck.  By the way, who is running HAL now that Orlando is a part of HAL's History?

10 minutes ago, Himself said:

John I was supposed to be Chaplain on the Eurodam relocating out of Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and HAL cancelled it the other day.  I thought it might have gone out of San Diego a week later but no such luck.  By the way, who is running HAL now that Orlando is a part of HAL's History?

Me thinks the puck (waiting for the return of hockey) stops with Mr. Stein Kruse, Father, the pres/CEO of the HAL Group

12 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Me thinks the puck (waiting for the return of hockey) stops with Mr. Stein Kruse, Father, the pres/CEO of the HAL Group

Either with Stein Kruse or his bosses at Carnival Corporation.. By the way, as a Blackhawk fan, I like your analogy to hockey.  

Edited by Himself
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Btw Ma'am; this video is from the Signature-class ship Nieuw Amsterdam, as opposed to the co-flagship and "R"-class ship Amsterdam 

Sorry I missed that. Guess I still have the Amsterdam on my mind and wondering why it is still In Manilla Bay - same reason I suppose,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Sorry I missed that. Guess I still have the Amsterdam on my mind and wondering why it is still In Manilla Bay - same reason I suppose,

No probs, two ships with partly similar names 😉 yes, along with the other nineteen cruise ships in the bay