For the Port Everglades "toot" fans

Copper10-8

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Some cruise lines are getting ready for August, Father, others later on this year

None of CCL's operating companies of which I am aware.  MSC is going to try in the Med in August, I think.  You are being optimistic Copper 10-8.  Not a bad thing at this period of time, however.  

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

None of CCL's operating companies of which I am aware.  MSC is going to try in the Med in August, I think.  You are being optimistic Copper 10-8.  Not a bad thing at this period of time, however.  

This article is from May 22nd however, has updates for the major cruise lines, incl. HAL's most recent cancellations that came out two days ago and yes, I like the glass to be half-full 😉 

https://www.cruisehive.com/when-will-each-cruise-line-resume-sailings-again/39187

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Just learned that Nieuw A received permission to disembark/repat 252 Filipino crew today! Happy Campers! 🙂

...and that would explain why I'm seeing 6 N.A. tenders in the water!  Yahoooo!  Good for them!  At least they won't have to be in quarantine for 3 weeks like they did on the Amsterdam.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Just learned that Nieuw A received permission to disembark/repat 252 Filipino crew today! Happy Campers! 🙂

Good news indeed, John. 😄 

Thanks for sharing.

20 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

What the cruise staff on any and all ships have had to endure in order to return to their homes in nothing short of inhumane.  

23 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Video of that first group of Filipino crew heading to the port of Manila on a Nieuw Amsterdam tender on Sunday, and then onwards to their homes, No more quarantine period required for them, just following the local Covid-19 restrictions by the Philippine government 😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

From the Crystal Serenity webcam:

https://crystal-cruises.panomax.com/serenity

I wonder if this is part of the repatriation effort:

Capture.thumb.JPG.40b6143f4bcfa8bc85a074b27b4dece6.JPG

Roy

Hey, Roy, that's the Philippine Coast Guard / Tanod Baybayin ng Pilipinas most recent offshore patrol vessel, BRP Gabriela Silang 8301. She was just accepted in Les Sables-d'Olone (west coast of France between Saint Nazaire and La Rochelle) in December of last year and subsequently made the long trek (she was in Valetta,Malta in March) to her home country via the Suez Canal, arriving not that long ago.

It's very possible that, just like what happened with the Amsterdam off Tanjung Priok (Jakarta), Indonesia with the Indonesian Coast Guard / Kesatuan Penjagaan Laut dan Pantai Indonesia, she (Gabriela S) has been tasked to keep an eye on the huge task force of cruise ships in Manila Bay to ensure that everyone behaves according to the set of rules they've been issued.

Just to add a little tidbit of trivia for your next/future onboard trivia game when we're back to the routine business of cruisin' for a bruisin' (j/k 😉 ), Gabriela Silang was a Filipina revolutionary leader better known as the first female leader of an Ilocano movement for Filipino independence from Spain back in 1763. The Ilocanos or Iloko people are the third largest Filipino ethnolinguistic group that mostly reside within the Ilocos Region on the northwestern seaboard of Luzon. Luzon happens to be the largest and most populous island of the Philippines and there's only 7,641 of them there islands that constitute the country 😵  Be safe Sir! 

3073955.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Himself said:

Will we ever get toots in Ft; Lauderdale from HAL SHIPS again?

Keep the faith, Father.  

Watching the Port of Miami web cam, once in awhile there will be a ship that sails.  Sometimes, there will be a "toot" or two.  Brilliance of the Seas sailed this afternoon and there was a toot.    

20 hours ago, Himself said:

Will we ever get toots in Ft; Lauderdale from HAL SHIPS again?

For all your tootaholics, there will be a singalong at 1PM today. Attendance is mandatory.

Hear Goes: (to the music of "Old McDonald had a Farm")

Holland America had some ships

E I E I O

And on these ships there were these horns

E I E I O

With a toot toot here

And a toot toot there

Here a toot there a toot

Everywhere a toot toot

E I E I O

(repeat three times)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

For all your tootaholics, there will be a singalong at 1PM today. Attendance is mandatory.

Hear Goes: (to the music of "Old McDonald had a Farm")

E I E I O

And on these ships there were these horns

E I E I O

With a toot toot here

And a toot toot there

Here a toot there a toot

Everywhere a toot toot

E I E I O

(repeat three times)

Is this Eastern Daylight time or Central Daylight time.  I will do it at 5PM CDT as I have an eye Doctor Appointment.  You get an A for creativity.  Keep up the Good Work.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Is this Eastern Daylight time or Central Daylight time.  I will do it at 5PM CDT as I have an eye Doctor Appointment.  You get an A for creativity.  Keep up the Good Work.

I am not sure what time zone my sundial is in.

Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Himself said:

Father, I just got home so I will join you for the 5:00 PM singalong.  That way you don't have to sing alone.  I do miss our toot fests.  Thanks Redneck Bob.

Edited by travelnap

5 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Father, I just got home so I will join you for the 5:00 PM singalong.  That way you don't have to sing alone.  I do miss our toot fests.  Thanks Redneck Bob.

Sounds like a plan!

As a follow-up to my earlier post of tooting to "Old McDonalds Farm", if the yutes did not understand or never heard of old McDonalds farm, this hear is another spinoff from a song just six years ago ( "Its all about the Bass" }. Lets start another kumbaya moment.

It's all about that Toot.

Because you know it's all about that Toot

'Bout that toot, no horn.

It's all 'bout that toot. 'bout that toot. no horn

It's all 'bout that toot, 'bout that toot. no horn

It's all 'bout that toot. 'bout that toot.

No quite Hank Williams but kind of catchy. Next time I try "do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do.

I'm RedneckBob and I sing it like I write it.