Jump to content

January 2021 Cruising


Recommended Posts

We have two booked for 2021, April and May.  Reflection TA and Silhouette Europe.  I’m thinking we have a 50% chance of doing either one or both.   My concern is getting travel insurance for two young people over 70, one with A Fib controlled with meds and one with mild asthma.  So, lots of factors will determine if we cancel, lift and shift or just wait it out and let Celebrity cancel or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I imagine there will be lots a views on this.  My parents are in their early 70's and they only cruise Princess.  They are booked on a December-14 night Caribbean itinerary.  When I asked them if they would get a vaccine, (hypothetically) before cruising again, they said no.  Additionally, they said that if one was available and therefore, required in order to sail, they would not cruise anymore.  The reason?  They don't trust a vaccine that is rapidly produced nor do they expect that it will eradicate the virus...much like the flu shot has not eradicated the flu.

 

I, for one, will get the vaccine and see what happens.

Very few vaccines ever developed have actually completely eradicated a disease.  Small Pox vaccine.  Polio to a great extent but not everywhere.  So this should not in my view be the criteria for a successful COVID vaccine.  It just needs to be effective at significantly reducing transmission of the virus and some of that is the result of vaccine-based herd immunity which helps people who do not get vaccinated for whatever their reasons are.  It is possible that a vaccine that is only 50-60% effective might get initially approved by a desperate and needy world at this point.  Then hopefully improved vaccines follow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

We have two booked for 2021, April and May.  Reflection TA and Silhouette Europe.  I’m thinking we have a 50% chance of doing either one or both.   My concern is getting travel insurance for two young people over 70, one with A Fib controlled with meds and one with mild asthma.  So, lots of factors will determine if we cancel, lift and shift or just wait it out and let Celebrity cancel or not.

Lady,

Excellent travel insurance is available for senior geezers with a few health problems.  I use one based in San Antonio and caters to the military.  If you buy soon after booking you can get coverage for preexisting conditions.  And you can get complete coverage for all aspects of your vacation (flights, hotel, etc.).  Not just for the cruise only as many policies offer.  Look carefully at what the policy says.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Lady,

Excellent travel insurance is available for senior geezers with a few health problems.  I use one based in San Antonio and caters to the military.  If you buy soon after booking you can get coverage for preexisting conditions.  And you can get complete coverage for all aspects of your vacation (flights, hotel, etc.).  Not just for the cruise only as many policies offer.  Look carefully at what the policy says.

We’re Canadian so our insurance coverage would be a bit different.  We have no problems getting insurance, but this Covid 19 has had an impact on insurance companies and how they choose what to cover and what to exclude.  We would not chance doing any cruise out of the US  in the near future, but feel more comfortable in Europe, since my DH is British.  So many changes!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We just cancelled our 2021 cruise to Au-Nz, primarily because we are concerned that there will be limitations of various kinds on non residents. For example, before our cruise, we had planned to attend the Australian Open tennis tournament. It is planning to proceed as scheduled, but without foreign spectators.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Final payment due in a week or two on Sept 25, 2020 Equinox cruise, if it goes, The Bride and I will be on board..10 day ABC Islands...giddy up. Having to wear a mask might be the only reason I will not go...

Edited by PTC DAWG
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Final payment due in a week or two on Sept 25, 2020 Equinox cruise, if it goes, The Bride and I will be on board..10 day ABC Islands...giddy up. Having to wear a mask might be the only reason I will not go...

A September cruise without a mask. I love an optimist! :classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping 2021 out of Tampa on Connie but just booked 5 days on APEX for Jan 2022. Sky suite with a real balcony..YAY!

 

What was the extended date for use of fcc? ( in case Jan 2021 gets scrubbed)

Thanks,,

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, hcat said:

Keeping 2021 out of Tampa on Connie but just booked 5 days on APEX for Jan 2022. Sky suite with a real balcony..YAY!

 

What was the extended date for use of fcc? ( in case Jan 2021 gets scrubbed)

Thanks,,

 

You will have no problem using your FCC on your Jan 2022 Apex cruise if required.  Has to be applied prior to 12/31/2021 but your final payment date will be before that.  The cruise by date is May 4, 2022 so your fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 7:34 AM, ladyjane550 said:

How many are people are cancelling their January 2021 cruise due to covid 19?

 

We have a Jan 3 2021 South Pacific cruise out of Sydney.  We have not cancelled yet but I don't see this cruise happening for a variety of obvious reasons even when Celebrity is able to resume some of their operation.  I have begun planning a USA national park vacation for my family instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

You will have no problem using your FCC on your Jan 2022 Apex cruise if required.  Has to be applied prior to 12/31/2021 but your final payment date will be before that.  The cruise by date is May 4, 2022 so your fine.

Thanks for that...so many conflicting rules and posts.

Our final payment date is 10/5/21... our pesent certif says use   AND sail by 12/31/2021,   Still  confused.

 

Hoping to use our fcc in Jan 2021 on Connie, if that cruise sails!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologizing upfront for not reading this entire thread.

Anyone who has recently booked for Jan 2021, any ideas about cabin availability? Particularly in the Caribbean? 7-10 days, no longer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Final payment due in a week or two on Sept 25, 2020 Equinox cruise, if it goes, The Bride and I will be on board..10 day ABC Islands...giddy up. Having to wear a mask might be the only reason I will not go...

I have to think masks will be required in at least the main theater, unless they go with a three show a night, three dinner seatings a night, type thing for spacing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Apologizing upfront for not reading this entire thread.

Anyone who has recently booked for Jan 2021, any ideas about cabin availability? Particularly in the Caribbean? 7-10 days, no longer?

 

 

 

I think there is pretty good availability and probably a few of the better cabins opening up as some people are doing Lift & Shift to move their cruises out a year.  However prices are through the roof in my opinion.  My Jan sailing on Connie is almost double what I paid.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Apologizing upfront for not reading this entire thread.

Anyone who has recently booked for Jan 2021, any ideas about cabin availability? Particularly in the Caribbean? 7-10 days, no longer?

 

We booked an aft suite on Edge yesterday for 1/3/21 7 days out of Port Everglades.  There are plenty of cabins available in lots of cats. Using the CAPTAINSCLUB promo gets additional OBC. Amount depends on cat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My only booking on Celebrity isn't until 2022. It's unlikely that I will use a January 2021 booking on NCL; not sure about April 2021 on RCI.

 

I had been thinking that, after changing a 2020 Alaska booking to 2021, I didn't have enough vacation time for everything booked, but with not taking any vacation this year since January, I probably do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...