Shown for 2020 are sailings starting Nov 14 to Dec 26 all 7 day. However they all show sold out. Does that really mean sold out or not sailing at all. Many months ago when they first listed the sail dates we booked for Halloween October 31st 2020. We were told it would not sail by then and our cruise was cancelled. We received a refund and FCC. Re-booked for Halloween 2021. Doing the Sunrise for 2020 Halloween. I would think you should call your TA or Carnival and just maybe you will receive a truthful answer. Post what they tell yo so we will all know.

7 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Shown for 2020 are sailings starting Nov 14 to Dec 26 all 7 day. However they all show sold out. Does that really mean sold out or not sailing at all. Many months ago when they first listed the sail dates we booked for Halloween October 31st 2020. We were told it would not sail by then and our cruise was cancelled. We received a refund and FCC. Re-booked for Halloween 2021. Doing the Sunrise for 2020 Halloween. I would think you should call your TA or Carnival and just maybe you will receive a truthful answer. Post what they tell yo so we will all know.

With all of the cancellations and delays of Carnival cruises, including the Mardi Gras, that has caused people to rebook their pending cruises, I'm not a bit surprised that the Mardi Gras is sold out for Nov. & Dec. 2020 sailings. As demand for bookings on the Mardi Gras increase, so do the prices. We booked a cabin on her for a Nov. 2021 sailing back in Feb. of this year. The cost for our category (cove balcony) has gone UP $30.00 pp, and will no doubt continue to increase. 

Edited by beachbum53
1 hour ago, sapphire_407 said:

Is the November 14th inauguration date still on?  Does anyone know?  I have not been able to find any recent information.  

Hi Sapphire 🙂

Be certain to keep your eyes on these Cruise Critic posts below along with the Meyer Turku Shipyard Media Press Release Section on their website. Also keep your eyes on the Meyer Turku Shipyard via 'social media' websites as well. I'll get you started & will drop some below. Have a great day!

Meyer Turku Shipyard Press Releases located @:

https://www.meyerturku.fi/en/meyerturku_com/media/news_releases/news_releases.jsp

Meyer Turku Shipyard located @:

https://www.meyerturku.fi/en/meyerturku_com/index.jsp

⬇️ November 14th Mardi Gras Cruise Critic Roll Call ⬇️

⬇️ A lot of Mardi Gras Information & Discussion ⬇️

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan
2 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

This is the latest report that I could find.  

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-provides-update-on-mardi-gras-inaugural-cruise-season/

Unless there are any other delays, it looks like the Inaugural cruise date will be Nov. 14th 2020.

And that report is two months old. Is no news good news? I hope so for all those who are booked in November, December, and beyond. We were booked on the September 30th repo cruise so we have already felt that sting.😎

Last reports seems to say that Mardi Gras is still on or slightly ahead of schedule for the first sailing.  They pulled all sailings off the market to limit the number of guests.  (The interview that stated this was linked in another recent post).  This limit was not necessarily COVID related as it was in getting up to speed on this new, much larger vessel.

We are on the Thanksgiving sailing, and crossing our fingers.

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

And that report is two months old. Is no news good news? I hope so for all those who are booked in November, December, and beyond. We were booked on the September 30th repo cruise so we have already felt that sting.😎

Yeah, I know it's two months old, but that's the most recent information I could find. Let's hope it's correct and that there won't be any further delays.

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We were booked on the September 30th repo cruise so we have already felt that sting.😎

Hi Jamman 🙂

My wife & I are still feeling the 15-day repo stingWas such a terrific itinerary! Last I heard, somewhere around June 3rd they started Mardi Gras's main engines for the 1st time. Keeping my eyes on Meyer Turku for the sea trials. 

Ouch....🐝 🐝 Take the stinger out, we need a voyage!

Happy sailing Jamman!

🌴

24 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Jamman 🙂

My wife & I are still feeling the 15-day repo stingWas such a terrific itinerary! Last I heard, somewhere around June 3rd they started Mardi Gras's main engines for the 1st time. Keeping my eyes on Meyer Turku for the sea trials. 

Ouch....🐝 🐝 Take the stinger out, we need a voyage!

Happy sailing Jamman!

🌴

To you as well. We rebooked on the Mardi Gras, but not until April 2022. Should  be done by then. 😁  We used our Mardi Gras FCC to just about pay for our Horizon 8 day ABC cruise next April. 😎

Based on the interview Arnold Donald did that is talked about in this thread

I don't see how Mardi Gras sails as scheduled. He literally states that Mardi Gras will be delayed in that interview was from this past Monday (June 15th, 2020)

I also posted this on our roll call.

I was speaking with my PVP on Monday applying FCC and OBC from our cancelled cruise from next month to our December Mardi Gras cruise. He said toward the end of the call that there would be "an update about the Mardi Gras soon".  I asked him what that meant and he said he didn't know exactly and only that the company told them that the status of the Mardi Gras would be updated soon.

Take that for what its worth.  Just paasing along info.

2 hours ago, NightOne said:

Based on the interview Arnold Donald did that is talked about in this thread

I don't see how Mardi Gras sails as scheduled. He literally states that Mardi Gras will be delayed in that interview was from this past Monday (June 15th, 2020)

Thanks, but not willing to waste 45 minutes listening to something that I can't completely hear. No closed captioning.  So my question is did Mr. Donald say that the MG would be delayed again, meaning a second time, or did he just say the ship is delayed or will be delayed meaning from the original delivery schedule?

If the former, then we need to watch what happens as time goes on.  Delays maybe not the fault of the shipyard  btu of supplies from other vendors. If the latter, then we're all just interpreting his statement into our own confirmation bias that there will be another delay.

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks, but not willing to waste 45 minutes listening to something that I can't completely hear. No closed captioning.  So my question is did Mr. Donald say that the MG would be delayed again, meaning a second time, or did he just say the ship is delayed or will be delayed meaning from the original delivery schedule?

If the former, then we need to watch what happens as time goes on.  Delays maybe not the fault of the shipyard  btu of supplies from other vendors. If the latter, then we're all just interpreting his statement into our own confirmation bias that there will be another delay.

“There will definitely be delays in the arrival of the new ships. We have several coming this year — Enchanted Princess in our Princess line, Iona in our P&O line, (and) of course, Mardi Gras for our Carnival line,” Donald said. “Those ships all are going to be delayed.”

You can see some more quotes from the interview here:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/carnival-ceo-arnold-donald-interview/

Appreciate the quote.  But doesn't answer the question.  We know the Mardi Gras is delayed but does this mean further delays?  That's unclear.  We all appear to be assuming an additional delay is coming.  And that may be so.

Hope you can still get into Corky's or Payne's.

1 minute ago, crewsweeper said:

Appreciate the quote.  But doesn't answer the question.  We know the Mardi Gras is delayed but does this mean further delays?  That's unclear.  We all appear to be assuming an additional delay is coming.  And that may be so.

Hope you can still get into Corky's or Payne's.

There would be no real reason for him to talk about a delay that already happened in the past.

Also, apparently there was a meeting at Carnival this morning where it was said that there would be ""an update about the Mardi Gras soon"'. This was posted by @stobe1 above and I confirmed that with a resource I have that works for Carnival.

Not sure when "soon" is but I expect to hear it. 😞

8 minutes ago, Gran1 said:

I checked with Port Canaveral's cruise ship schedule, Mardi Gras is still listed for November 14. 

So are the NCL ships that we know are not sailing. Sadly, we can't rely on schedules as an accurate guide as to whether ships will actually sail on those dates.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:25 PM, jas1178 said:

Last reports seems to say that Mardi Gras is still on or slightly ahead of schedule for the first sailing.  They pulled all sailings off the market to limit the number of guests.  (The interview that stated this was linked in another recent post).  This limit was not necessarily COVID related as it was in getting up to speed on this new, much larger vessel.

We are on the Thanksgiving sailing, and crossing our fingers.

Yes, they pulled all those sailings (Nov. - March) off the market well before any talk of limiting the number passengers due to Covid.  With Donald's interview this week, I don't see it being ready by November.  He pretty clearly says that new ships will be delayed for reasons such as suppliers being limited or shut down.  They announced the original delay from August to November back in January, so I take what he said to mean further delays.  I'm starting to wonder about our April 2021 Mardi Gras cruise at this point.

55 minutes ago, NightOne said:

There would be no real reason for him to talk about a delay that already happened in the past.

Yes, that is what I've been thinking all along.  Why would you be referring to a delay that was already announced back in January, well before Covid caused suppliers to be shut down.  I take what he said to mean further delays.