Club Orange benefits and menu?

beirne

Which ship are you sailing on?  It makes a BIG difference on whether it’s worth it or not IMO.

What beverage benefits are you talking about with Club Orange?

Konigsdam. Just read a very positive view for CO. We’re in a Neptune Suite, and know CO is included. Didn’t know if their is a bar (complimentary or not) that is dedicated to CO. Any help there?

1 minute ago, beirne said:

Konigsdam. Just read a very positive view for CO. We’re in a Neptune Suite, and know CO is included. Didn’t know if their is a bar (complimentary or not) that is dedicated to CO. Any help there?

OK, if you are on the Koningsdam, that’s a plus as there is a separate Club Orange dining room.  Everything is supposed to be made fresh.  

There is usually one additional item added to the menu.

and yes, CO is included with Neptune Suites so you don’t need to “buy” it since you’ve already paid for it 😉

There is no complimentary bar for Neptune Suites or Club Orange other than a reception for Neptune Suites on the first night (usually) where drinks are free.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, beirne said:

Thanks for the input......any”personal” comments on the specifics of food and beverage benefits? Would appreciate any insights....

I purchased the Club Orange option on the Nieuw Statendam last December for $15/day and a $50 OBC because there were no stateroom upgrades available. 

The separate dining room for Club Orange was a perk that I used for most breakfasts and dinners.  The Club Orange chef prepares your breakfast to order that includes free mimosas and breakfast steak option.  Here is a link to the Club Orange breakfast menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Club-Orange-Breakfast-1.pdf

If you wish to enjoy Room Service breakfast, hee is your enhanced breakfast card to hang on your room door before you retire for the evening (same card is used for Neptune Suite guests adding steaks and free mimosas):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Room-Service-Breakfast-PS-NP-CO-1.pdf

Club Orange dinners use the same menu as the Main Dining Room with an additional "available daily" menu that includes an additional Club Orange entree.  After trying several of the Club Orange additional entrees during my 14 days, I found it nothing special, rather just an additional entree choice.  All Club Orange dinners are prepared in the Main Dining Room kitchen with the Club Orange chef only adding sauces, breads, condiments, etc.  Here is a typical Club Orange menu with the second page for "available daily" items:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NS-A-MDR-Day-04.pdf

The included Club Orange shopping bag is cool and you get to wear a special robe:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam/Club-Orange-BAg-and-Robe.jpg

My favorite perk was the Club Orange "only" culinary tour that covered two decks of kitchens, food storage, bakeries, etc.

There are two "community tables" that you can opt to share with others if there are not other tables available.  A beeper system, like that used for the Dive In, is another option if you choose not wish to share the "community tables".  Club Orange is closed for breakfast on Disembarkation Day.

Here is a link to some of my Club Orange photos:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-nieuw-statendam-images/ms-nieuw-statendam-dining

I hope this answers some of your questions.

• Like 1

Was in a Neptune Suite on Nieuw Statendam in February & ate at Club Orange for dinner.  The servers are very attentive & watching the chef cook the “bonus” meal was fun.  You, also, get warm bread to start.  Not sure I would pay the added fee if not in a Neptune but it is a nice benefit of having a Neptune.

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

My favorite perk was the Club Orange "only" culinary tour that covered two decks of kitchens, food storage, bakeries, etc.

There are a few Club Orange perks that the Neptune Suites don’t get.  I think this may be one of them?  Just to forewarn the OP.

I was never aware of a "behind type scenes tour" of the food storage, galleys, etc. available for a Club Orange guest.  A much better and more inclusive "Behind the Scenes Tour", i.e. Engine Control Room, Bridge Tour, meetings with senior Officers of various Departments, can be booked when they are offered for $150/person.  

For me, the Club Orange concept is nothing other than a revenue enhancement attempt for that cruise.  

We took a wonderful upgrade to a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam this January, so received many CO benefits (were not informed of the kitchen tour, and I've also read that is for those who purchase CO).   The separate dining room for CO was a wonderful perk for me.   There have been many criticisms of the room --- that everyone walking by in the corridor can look in, because one wall is all glass windows.   The windows had some glazed designs, and we weren't bothered by people walking by (but didn't actually sit by a window).  Many of the tables were for 4 and had tall chairs, which weren't always that comfortable, but we could request a lower table and occasionally had to wait for one.   We usually dined at 8 and never had to wait, with the exception of the first night, which was quite busy.   I ate breakfast there every morning, including disembarkation day, and we had dinner there most evenings.  My husband really could have cared less about any of this, but I made the most of this benefit!

I LOVE breakfast, so made-to-order breakfast was wonderful for me.   We don't drink, but the complimentary champagne was quickly offered to other guests as soon as they were seated.   The servers worked as a team and were frequently passing the basket with rolls/pastries.   

The 'special' addition to the dinner menu were interesting, but not always to our personal taste.   The Peruvian chicken gets rave reviews and was very tasty, but spicy, and was an entire 1/2 chicken ----  way too much food.  🙂

Service was excellent, but we have been quite impressed with service in the main dining room.

I enjoyed the snacks/small plates in the Neptune Lounge.  One of the concierge staff was excellent, but we didn't really need much assistance from them.   

The laundry service on Holland is exceptional, and we took full use of the complimentary laundry service and packed less.   

Hope you enjoy your cruise.   

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I was never aware of a "behind type scenes tour" of the food storage, galleys, etc. available for a Club Orange guest.  A much better and more inclusive "Behind the Scenes Tour", i.e. Engine Control Room, Bridge Tour, meetings with senior Officers of various Departments, can be booked when they are offered for $150/person.  

For me, the Club Orange concept is nothing other than a revenue enhancement attempt for that cruise.  

My Behind the Scenes tour on the Nieuw Statendam was only $99.  The Club Orange culinary tour lasted almost the same amount of time which meant a lot of time to spend in the culinary facilities.  If I remember correctly, the Stores Manager said they received more than 100 pallets of supplies for each 7-day cruise with all supplies, inventoried, inspected, and stored before the ship departs the port.

20 hours ago, Crew News said:

My Behind the Scenes tour on the Nieuw Statendam was only $99.  

Did not do such a tour on NS.  Were you a Club Orange guest?  You may have received a discount.  Never have I had such a tour on any ship on Carnival, Princess, or HAL that the cost of the tour was less than 3 figures.  All were worth every bit of the price that was charged.  At least, for me.  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Did not do such a tour on NS.  Were you a Club Orange guest?  You may have received a discount.  Never have I had such a tour on any ship on Carnival, Princess, or HAL that the cost of the tour was less than 3 figures.  All were worth every bit of the price that was charged.  At least, for me.  

I had purchased the Club Orange package but everyone on the tour paid the same price. 

I was surprised, too.  The Behind the Scenes tour, unlike my previous ones on other HAL ships, did not include the Engine Room, backstage of the theater, fire suppression room, not as much time on the bridge, and only saw one level of the culinary operations so figured it should be cheaper.

The Club Orange culinary tour covered so much more than the culinary portion of the Behind the Scenes Tour.

• 8 months later...
On 6/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, kdakda said:

We took a wonderful upgrade to a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam this January, so received many CO benefits (were not informed of the kitchen tour, and I've also read that is for those who purchase CO).   The separate dining room for CO was a wonderful perk for me.   There have been many criticisms of the room --- that everyone walking by in the corridor can look in, because one wall is all glass windows.   The windows had some glazed designs, and we weren't bothered by people walking by (but didn't actually sit by a window).  Many of the tables were for 4 and had tall chairs, which weren't always that comfortable, but we could request a lower table and occasionally had to wait for one.   We usually dined at 8 and never had to wait, with the exception of the first night, which was quite busy.   I ate breakfast there every morning, including disembarkation day, and we had dinner there most evenings.  My husband really could have cared less about any of this, but I made the most of this benefit!

I LOVE breakfast, so made-to-order breakfast was wonderful for me.   We don't drink, but the complimentary champagne was quickly offered to other guests as soon as they were seated.   The servers worked as a team and were frequently passing the basket with rolls/pastries.   

The 'special' addition to the dinner menu were interesting, but not always to our personal taste.   The Peruvian chicken gets rave reviews and was very tasty, but spicy, and was an entire 1/2 chicken ----  way too much food.  🙂

Service was excellent 

We are trying HAL again for a 2nd time, have booked a Neptune Suite, so it's very nice to hear this about Club Orange especially on the new ships.  We will be sailing on the Statendam in December, at least that is our hope..all depends on Covid of course.  Would love to hear more about Club Orange!!!

43 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We are trying HAL again for a 2nd time, have booked a Neptune Suite, so it's very nice to hear this about Club Orange especially on the new ships.  We will be sailing on the Statendam in December, at least that is our hope..all depends on Covid of course.  Would love to hear more about Club Orange!!!

Hope you are on the Dec 5, 2021 cruise!  We are also in a Neptune and are looking forward to the perks.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Hope you are on the Dec 5, 2021 cruise!  We are also in a Neptune and are looking forward to the perks.

Sorry, no, the Dec 12, 2021 sailing.  Would like to do both if we had time, but just think doing any kind of longer cruise than 7 days may be an issue at least through this year.  

We had a Neptune Suite and therefore had Club Orange included during the first season for NS in April 2019, 7 night Caribbean. There was no special event offered except for a brief, sparsely-attended first night gathering hosted by the Neptune Lounge concierges, so perhaps that was added later.

We liked the CO restaurant because it was quiet, roomy, and the service was even more personal, warm & gracious than usual on HAL. We always enjoy a dining room breakfast aboard ship - the included Club Orange mimosas with a friendly sommelier on duty every day made it extra enjoyable, as well as having the chef and kitchen right on the spot. Everything arrived hot off the griddle.

The evening special menu items had hits and misses.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for clarifying what Club Orange is. I still have a couple of questions. Is it available only on the newer ships like Kdam and NS? If $15/day is a discounted price, what is the usual price, and does it vary by ship/type of stateroom/number of people already signed up, or any other factor?  Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

7 minutes ago, Maya_C said:

Thank you to everyone for clarifying what Club Orange is. I still have a couple of questions. Is it available only on the newer ships like Kdam and NS? If $15/day is a discounted price, what is the usual price, and does it vary by ship/type of stateroom/number of people already signed up, or any other factor?  Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

The only ships with separate dining areas for Club Orange (not in the MDR) are the new Pinnacle Class ones.  Regular price is $50 p/p/day.  I think Club Orange was tried on a few other ships but in the MDR with separate menus that included the extra entree each night.

21 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Say WHAT??!!??  😲  😉

Edited by zelker

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

The only ships with separate dining areas for Club Orange (not in the MDR) are the new Pinnacle Class ones.  Regular price is $50 p/p/day. 

I was quoted $15 pp/day (in a Cat A regular verandah on a 25 day cruise on the K'dam for Feb. 2022).  Of course it's complimentary in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite.  In our opinion, it's not worth it to pay for it unless you're on one of the ships that has the dedicated CO restaurant.

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, zelker said:

I was quoted $15 pp/day (in a Cat A regular verandah on a 25 day cruise on the K'dam for Feb. 2022).  Of course it's complimentary in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite.

Was the quote directly from HAL Customer Service, your PCC, or Travel Agent?  I have my phone in hand ready to call and accept such an offer for my verandah stateroom.