Club Orange benefits and menu?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Was the quote directly from HAL Customer Service, your PCC, or Travel Agent?  I have my phone in hand ready to call and accept such an offer for my verandah stateroom.

Hi, Roger - it was with a HAL reservation agent, not a PCC or TA.  All I did was ask how much to include it and she said $15 pp/day.  And when I called back a couple of days later to put the deposit on it, I asked again and was told the same thing.  Good luck!

Edited by zelker
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, zelker said:

Hi, Roger - it was with a HAL reservation agent, not a PCC or TA.  All I did was ask how much to include it and she said $15 pp/day.  Good luck!

THANKS!!!!  Just called Customer Service and got the $15/day for my Nieuw Statendam in November because cruise is longer than 13 days.  Love Cruise Critic and all of the help.  Thanks again!!

I had to contact my PCC to make the change.

Edited by Crew News
1 hour ago, zelker said:

Say WHAT??!!??  😲  😉

Yup finally giving HAL another try........  if the ships are sailing by then anyway.... 🙂

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

THANKS!!!!  Just called Customer Service and got the $15/day for my Nieuw Statendam in November because cruise is longer than 13 days.  Love Cruise Critic and all of the help.  Thanks again!!

Is it $15 a day for a longer cruise?  I just called for my 7 day cruise and was quoted $25 per day.

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

Is payment to be made immediately (similar to Speciality Dining/Shore Ex) or is it paid with cruise on final payment date?

33 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Is payment to be made immediately (similar to Speciality Dining/Shore Ex) or is it paid with cruise on final payment date?

It was added to my cruise fare for my 7 day Pacific Coast cruise.  The HAL insurance quote went up with the fare increase.

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Paid now, not at final payment.

12 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

It was added to my cruise fare for my 7 day Pacific Coast cruise.  The HAL insurance quote went up with the fare increase.

10 hours ago, zelker said:

Paid now, not at final payment.

So, once again HAL is consistently inconsistent. 🙄

14 hours ago, keeponcruising said:

Is it $15 a day for a longer cruise?  I just called for my 7 day cruise and was quoted $25 per day.

My friend just paid $25 a day (7 days) on the N.S. for the same Dec., 2021 dates as other poster.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

My friend just paid $25 a day (7 days) on the N.S. for the same Dec., 2021 dates as other poster.

Thanks for clarifying it for me.

My PCC just added an Orange Pass for 15/d to my November Collector cruise but I opted to not accept another stateroom in my same category.  Hard to beat an aft stateroom unless the move is up to an SS or NS.

Club Orange was just added to my reservation with no payment due now.

It must be noted that I was on several telephone holds with HAL Customer Service just to see if Club Orange was available and I was eligible.  This experience was enlightening.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

My PCC just added an Orange Pass for 15/d to my November Collector cruise but I opted to not accept another stateroom in my same category.  Hard to beat an aft stateroom unless the move is up to an SS or NS.

It must be noted that I was on several telephone holds with HAL Customer Service just to see if Club Orange was available and I was eligible.  This experience was enlightening.

Crazy how consistently inconsistent they are!  Glad you got it sorted.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

So based on your experience, I called HAL yet again and THIS time they added it without requiring payment now (and offered us an upgrade which we declined based on location).  In this case, 4th time was the charm!  😏

23 minutes ago, zelker said:

So based on your experience, I called HAL yet again and THIS time they added it without requiring payment now (and offered us an upgrade which we declined based on location).  In this case, 4th time was the charm!  😏

Persistence pays when dealing with HAL.  Glad you were successful and another example of how valuable the exchange of information is here on CC.