Thinking of booking

Thinking of booking with crystal but don’t know what to expect. Have cruised with Oceania several times but might switch for a change. Please tell all. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cannot "tell all"

Read through the threads

Just be assured that Crystal is a HUGE step up from Oceania.

I had 15 cruises on O before I tried Crystal and I will never go back to O

Hubby and I had sailed Crystal four times before sailing Oceania.  Will never go back to Oceania.  Have sailed Crystal twice since then, and have three more Crystal sailings booked.

Crystal has superior service, food and activities.  There were no areas in which Oceania even came close.  Also, with Crystal, it is all inclusive--you feel like a guest, rather than a paying passenger.  We're not big drinkers, but it's nice to have a glass of Champagne or a cocktail without having to wonder how it's going to affect our budget.  Great photographers--there wasn't a single photographer on our two-week Oceania cruise. 

Crystal has so many activities to enjoy (or ignore, if you prefer), but on Oceania there were just the same three, lame, activities every day.  Crystal has wonderful enrichment opportunities.  I particularly enjoy the art classes.  The variety of dining options, all with stellar food, is unmatched.  We were so disappointed in the food on Oceania.  Turkey gravy with sunflower seeds?  Sandwiches of cheese spread and raspberry jam?  The one high note of our cruise was our Butler Antony who realized we weren't happy with the food and often brought treats to our room.  Pretty sad to get excited about a 4" bowl of potato chips or pretzels.

Give Crystal a try, and welcome aboard!

we thought the food on O was pretty good.  Specialty restaurants were excellent, especially the French and Italian.

That said, food on C is a big notch above.  Service is better as well.  Not as stiff and formal in every sense of the word

You can expect:

An amazing crew.  Highest retention rate in the industry and very personable and genuine and they don't act like robots.

A wonderful enrichment program which I think is the best in the industry with a large quantity of offerings with lots of diversity.

A very experienced on board entertainment team which is very professional and is augmented with some land based entertainers brought on for each sailing.

Fine dining with a nice variety of cuisine and an inclusive list of nice wine, champagne and spirits.

Well maintained vessels with lots of public space allowing for more than one entertainment option and lots of enrichment activities which I mentioned earlier.

A wrap around promenade deck, and on the back of each guest deck a nice area for lounging which often gives one the feeling of being on a private yacht.  Paddle Tennis Court(s), a Golf Pro on each cruise and a location where you can practice and also take classes.  A fitness center offering several inclusive classes.

A nice range of shore excursions.

These are some of the things that come to mind.  In the end, give it a try because in life you will never know what you like until yo try it for yourself.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Beware that Crystal is no longer honoring its commitment to process refunds within 90 days and have just sent people, including me, a vague email apologizing but not saying by when they will process them.