Royal Caribbean BACK to BACK suggestions please

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

And unfortunately Serenade is no longer doing that route.  Vision taking it over now.   Though...who knows when we will ever be able to be on ANY B2B.  😞 

My thought too.  We have a Harmony  B2B planned for February and wonder  how  any new cleaning procedures might effect the  turn around process and  wait.  Will we even be able to wait in the terminal between cruises?  I guess at PC there are a few places we can walk around a kill a few hours. 

m

We took a b2b on the Liberty otS out of Galveston a few years back.  Last December , we did a B2B on Harmony otS out of Canaveral.  That was Eastern Caribbean & Western Caribbean.  The only common stop on each half was Coco Cay.  The turnaround was very well handled with a pre meeting during the first half telling all the B2B'ers and helping restaurant/entertainment reservations for the 2nd half.  We  also did a B2B on Hal's Veendam to Alaska for our 25th anniversary. B2B's get a thumbs up from us everytime.

The one I have my eye on is the 3 segment back-to-back on the Jewel of the Seas in March/April 2021. 8-day Western Caribbean, 16-day Galveston to Barcelona, 9-day Barcelona to Amsterdam. The page https://www.elliestraveltips.com/2021-backtoback-cruises seems to be updating frequently with new back to back itineraries to look at for 2021.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Promenade Room (inside cabin, promenade view). 

I enjoy watching the parades from my cabin. The pr cabins have a bow window seat. The crowds during parades are so crowded as I skip the parades. A pr cabin allows me to view stuff without all the crowds. I know people book them for their kids, but I like them too, and that date has good price on pr cabins, so that's why I mentioned them. Good military price on balconies I hear, but I wanted a pr cabin and none booked. I like a little of everything. Just suggesting it and if you were just trying to get 12 days on the cheap add a 5 day. 

I see above the guy says diamond not worth it, but at least it gets a added balcony discount. Some free drinks. 

Though I've found out you dont really get the amount off a balcony it says. Like I think it says $225 off, but they take all the discounts off not just the cruise rate but also the balcony discount. My balcony discount turned into $85 my ta says. Still better than nothing. Just saying you dont get the full amount it says, but still worth it.

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

My thought too.  We have a Harmony  B2B planned for February and wonder  how  any new cleaning procedures might effect the  turn around process and  wait.  Will we even be able to wait in the terminal between cruises?  I guess at PC there are a few places we can walk around a kill a few hours. 

m

February still a long time off.  I just made my final on B2B Harmony for September a few minutes ago.  Not that I have any real hope that it will go...but paid and now waiting on most likely a refund coming later.  Sigh.  

If it does go...will be an eye opener for sure.  😮  And yes, lots of interesting cafes and restaurants near the terminal.  Exploration tower is an interesting building to explore...but not sure if and when they are open.  

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

No. Two different itineraries with only a couple of sea days. 👍👍

Yep...You are correct....two amazing itineraries and the same OS cabin for both :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Ashland

Were doing the Freedom B2B 13 Dec through Xmas.  The rates are insanely low, especially during the xmas cruise.  Unfortunately we have to change rooms mid way but can't wait!

(going from 4 (2 adults/2 kids) in a suite to 2 rooms on the back half)

On 6/14/2020 at 3:24 PM, gsv0019 said:

We're not "new cruisers"  but we're considering our first B2B.  We're 12 nights from Diamond status.  Would love to hear your recommendations.  

Let's say you decided a 7-day and another 7-day B2B...stay in a JS or above the first week...you'll get 14 points and be Diamond after the first week.

Just make sure to speak to the L.A  so you can enjoy your Diamond status the second week. Congratulations! 😄

I actually like doing B2B out of Hong Kong. Living in California, theres a ton of airfare deals to Asia and the airfare is often time comparable or just slightly more than flying to Florida or New Jersey. Another reason why I like Hong Kong is that it’s super easy to get from the airport to port. Take the airport express train to town and take a cab rest of the way. After the cruise you just take the taxi back to the train station. Check in for your flight and your bags at the train station like if you are at the airport. From there you can either spend the rest of the day in Hong Kong sightseeing before your flight or take the train to the airport. They even have lockers to store your bags.

And than there are the cruises... Spectrum of the Seas have a ton of itineraries out of Hong Kong in the winter that goes to random places in Asia such as Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam. It’s possible to go on several back to back sailing and not repeat the same itinerary. You may repeat one or two ports, but you’ll be visiting new ports on each sailing. Also the prices are fairly reasonable too on the Asia sailings. As a further incentive, there aren’t that many crown and anchor members on Asia sailings so you may enjoy perks that are not typically found on a normal cruise.

In addition, the menu is totally different than a typical Royal Caribbean sailing. Dining room for the most part is the same with some dishes added for the Asian market. Chops and Jamies for the most part are the same. But there is a whole host of specialty dining options available that you won’t find on any other Royal Caribbean ships outside of Asia. 

Back 2 Back is handled flawlessly on Spectrum and in port. You’re essentially treated like you’re just visiting another port when doing a B2B. You have a whole separate hallway and security that you use and you’re basically using the same route as the staff and crew to board the ship. 

My next B2B is on Spectrum again and got a Jr Suite for all the sailing because it was priced similar to a balcony. Get to visit Taiwan and Japan on those trips. 

Edited by SkaterJasp

We are scheduled to do a b/2/b on the Oasis of the seas in January.  One week Eastern Caribbean, the second week Western.  We love the Oasis class ships.  This itinerary worked for us.  We love the Harmony- but are doing the Oasis this time.  What a treat to sail a second week!  Do any Oasis class ship- they offer so much.