Westerdam Neptune Suite help please

I'm hoping that 3 time's a charm.  We have never had a Neptune Suite.  The closest we've come was our April Australia/NZ cruise that was cancelled, then our January 2021 Hawaii cruise that was cancelled this week.  So, we're going to upgrade our balcony cabin to a Neptune Suite for our Med/TA cruise in October 2021.  It will be on the Westerdam.  We prefer aft or mid ship, on decks 6 or 7 and want a SC or SB.  We're ok if we aren't on the same deck with the Neptune Lounge as long as the cabin is a good one.  Does anyone have any favorites? 

Some of the cabins we're considering:  6166, 6167, 7142 and 7151.  These are aft wraps -- are the cabins smaller than other VBs? Looking at the deck plans, is the entryway more narrow for these cabins?  Since this is our first NS I'm being a bit more fussy than usual 😉  

Others are 7087 and 7093 on the hump -- same question, is the entryway narrow?

The others we're looking at are 7084, 7086, 7089 and 7091.  Any advice is welcome!!  

Are you asking about VBs or SBs? You mention both. Aft SBs are typically smaller than midship SAs or SBs, but have larger, frequently MUCH larger, balconies.

The hump SBs are a little different layout. Bigger, more square is shape. We like them...have one booked on Zuiderdam, have stayed in two on Noordam. The entry way to cabin is wilder, shorter. You don't sense a "hallway" going into the cabin.

15 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We   love the huge balcony on the aft wraps!  Absolutely heavenly!   Shade or sun and room for a cocktail party if you wish! 

my favorite too. Huge balconies. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Are you asking about VBs or SBs? You mention both. Aft SBs are typically smaller than midship SAs or SBs, but have larger, frequently MUCH larger, balconies.

The hump SBs are a little different layout. Bigger, more square is shape. We like them...have one booked on Zuiderdam, have stayed in two on Noordam. The entry way to cabin is wilder, shorter. You don't sense a "hallway" going into the cabin.

Sorry, I didn't see that I wrote VB later in my post, I meant SB!  Good to know that the entryway doesn't feel like a hallway, thank you!  I like the idea of the bigger, more square shape of the hump SBs, but those aft wrap balconies are tempting too...

We were in 7151 on Westerdam a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it!

I understand the cabin is smaller than the mid-ship Neptune Suites, (can't compare, as we've only been in aft-Neptunes) but it was big enough for us.

image.thumb.png.33c13f33a463ffd79773fdf3e6ae55d0.png

And you can kinda see where the door is in this picture:

image.thumb.png.196352c61212ce7915a362e12f4e65cf.png

And the veranda!!

image.thumb.png.09e33847981b3be7807a7645ad36712d.png

image.thumb.png.63a42753e0de50e0ffe9f768ee1bea8e.png

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please let me know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Westerdam aft Neptune Suite staterooms on Deck 5 are fully covered which means weather will have little impact on using your balcony.  The overhead cover of Deck 5 is ideal for beating the intense sun and normal rain that is not accompanied by strong winds. 

• Thanks 1

Mrs Banjo and I always go for the Neptune suites, our favorite location is always near the the Neptune lounge.  The lounge is a nice spot to get some little goodies, or just sit and be away from the crowds.  Having the concierge is also really nice.  we try to get to know them and they are a great help.  On the smaller ships the captains have sometimes had cocktail parties in the lounge as well for Neptune Suite guests, (although I think these have gone the way of the dinosaurs like many other perks), it was always a nice way to get to know the senior staff and crew. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!  DH will be calling today to see about upgrading.  Are there any more thoughts about the hump cabins?  I'm leaning towards one of them.  This will be a 26-day cruise and TA, and I like the openness of those cabins plus the balcony looks good too 🙂  We had one of the huge balconies on the Koningsdam a few years ago and found we didn't use most of it, just the two of us.   

We had a ‘hump’ cabin - SB - on the Oosterdam.  I liked the layout of the room (a bit smaller than an SA but you couldn’t tell because of the layout) and the balcony with it’s hump was bigger.

The only issue with the balcony for us was that it could get very windy so that you could only use one corner or the other or, at times not use it at all.  We were on a TA/Med cruise.

It was no issue when we were in the Med but it was an issue for our crossing on several days.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

We had a ‘hump’ cabin - SB - on the Oosterdam.  I liked the layout of the room (a bit smaller than an SA but you couldn’t tell because of the layout) and the balcony with it’s hump was bigger.

The only issue with the balcony for us was that it could get very windy so that you could only use one corner or the other or, at times not use it at all.  We were on a TA/Med cruise.

It was no issue when we were in the Med but it was an issue for our crossing on several days.

Thank you!  I've spent time comparing, and like you said, the SB "hump" cabins do seem roomier because of the layout.  

And we did it! Upgraded to 7093 on the "hump".  We almost "had to" take an SA and I was a little disappointed (imagine that) 😉 because the balcony didn't seem as big or the cabin any better than this SB.  But it all ended well and I'm thrilled and can't wait.