The Daily for Monday Jun 15, 2020

richwmn

Thanks for keeping up the Daily, Rich!

I love the idea of Smile Power. We all need that.

I'm not sure what we'll be having for dinner. We had turkey breast yesterday, so it might be leftovers, depending on how many are here.

The only pictures I took today were my granddaughter (she's been in our bubble all along) jumping into the not-so-warm pool. A true water baby like all of our kids/grandkids.

Update on my grandson's visit yesterday. He's just two, so as soon as they got here, he needed to use the toilet. Coming out, he ran to his Aunt and gave her the biggest hug, and then "Where's Grandma? Where's Grandma?" We ended up in the bubble and I am soooo happy!

Have a wonderful day! Stay safe!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, gigianne said:

Thanks for the dailies Rich.  Is there a cost to HAL for “parking” in Manila Bay?  My camera is always at the ready to get pictures of nature and when I Do it brings a smile to my face.

90E1E561-999E-4DBF-B129-D2B2F9B1F4FC.jpeg

773D5B6D-CA24-4837-962A-E4E3A52610B0.jpeg

I had a pair singing in my garden this morning.  They are beautiful to watch.

• Like 2

Thanks again Rich!!

Smile Power Day... I like it. One of the harder parts of interacting now is not seeing people's smiles. Being a big smiler myself, I miss those smiles.

Speaking of which, I got my smile cleaned up today at the dentist. A little different experience as procedures and equipment have to be augmented for safety but the staff are great and my dentist is a sweetie. Back in later this month for a few small fillings. Crown later this year sadly but I knew it was coming.

Dinner tonight is Pakistani Kima with rice. 

What great pics of your glorious Cardinals  @gigianne  Bird watching is such a joy.

I will fetch a neat nature pic from my phone and post it. It is of a sweet very pretty female deer we saw on our morning walk at our local park a couple of mornings ago. The park is huge and well wooded so she lives in an ideal place. The trails was very woodsy in that spot and she was quietly munching away. She was also expecting from what I saw. 

IMG_20200613_111121712.jpg

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

It is raining hard here - I don't know when Junuary is going to end!  I put away most of my winter clothes a few weeks ago, but now I'm tempted to go and get them out again; maybe that would bring better weather.  

Good morning all!  And thank you, Rich, for the Daily.

KK, I agree with you, it's hard to smile behind a mask at the doctor's office.  I went early this morning to check my ears, but the doctor thinks it's just TMJ, and I'm grinding my teeth - he says the next step is a visit to the dentist...  I'll put that off a bit.  Hope your visit goes well.  

TMJ can be a problem especially if your grinding your teeth at night. Popping, clicking can be a concern. It is called Temporal Mandibular Joint . By placing your index fingers into both ears open and close. Your jaw should slide open with no popping or clicking. A lot of time grinding over time causes stress on the joints and you can see wear on the  the enamel.  One easy way of taking care of the problem is taking impressions for a night guard to wear at night to cut down on the grinding👍 Sometimes ringing in the ears can happen also. 
Sorry my dentist side came into play!

My DH and our daughter wear them!

Have a great day!

Denise😊

• Like 4

Good evening,

Thanks for the daily info.  

Our cardinals are here having dinner.  Love the pics earlier in thread.  

Smiling always helps wtth anything especially these days.  Smiled this morning on hearing the Covid numbers for the day.  Love the way our Governor handled the situation and think it is that, that has our numbers so low (at least for the moment).  Keeping our masks on and keeping distant while venturing out to return to a more normal life.  

Time to make some dinner--chicken quesadillas and salad.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

The only pictures I took today were my granddaughter (she's been in our bubble all along) jumping into the not-so-warm pool. A true water baby like all of our kids/grandkids.

Update on my grandson's visit yesterday. He's just two, so as soon as they got here, he needed to use the toilet. Coming out, he ran to his Aunt and gave her the biggest hug, and then "Where's Grandma? Where's Grandma?" We ended up in the bubble and I am soooo happy!

Aren't grandchildren the BEST?? 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Thanks again Rich!!

Smile Power Day... I like it. One of the harder parts of interacting now is not seeing people's smiles. Being a big smiler myself, I miss those smiles.

Speaking of which, I got my smile cleaned up today at the dentist. A little different experience as procedures and equipment have to be augmented for safety but the staff are great and my dentist is a sweetie. Back in later this month for a few small fillings. Crown later this year sadly but I knew it was coming.

Dinner tonight is Pakistani Kima with rice. 

What great pics of your glorious Cardinals  @gigianne  Bird watching is such a joy.

I will fetch a neat nature pic from my phone and post it. It is of a sweet very pretty female deer we saw on our morning walk at our local park a couple of mornings ago. The park is huge and well wooded so she lives in an ideal place. The trails was very woodsy in that spot and she was quietly munching away. She was also expecting from what I saw. 

IMG_20200613_111121712.jpg

I have never heard of Pakistani Kima.  So I went to google it.... OMG, I've got to make it.  Thank you for mentioning this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I have never heard of Pakistani Kima.  So I went to google it.... OMG, I've got to make it.  Thank you for mentioning this.

It is great. I stumbled across it when I was at a loss for what to do one night with ground beef... once again. Tired of the same old same old, this dish hit the spot. 

It's a favorite around here. And it is so flexible and easy. Any ground meat cooked and drained, any veg you like (if you use carrots and potatoes, chop and steam them first and still frozen veg like peas and corn are fine too), curry and the spices you desire, a can of diced tomatoes and an sauteed onion, then I usually add a can of coconut cream/milk, simmer until everything is soft and then add a couple dollops of sour cream or plain yogurt at the end. Over rice... and eat. Even the 2 year old loves it! 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

TMJ can be a problem especially if your grinding your teeth at night. Popping, clicking can be a concern. It is called Temporal Mandibular Joint . By placing your index fingers into both ears open and close. Your jaw should slide open with no popping or clicking. A lot of time grinding over time causes stress on the joints and you can see wear on the  the enamel.  One easy way of taking care of the problem is taking impressions for a night guard to wear at night to cut down on the grinding👍 Sometimes ringing in the ears can happen also. 
Sorry my dentist side came into play!

My DH and our daughter wear them!

Have a great day!

Denise😊

Thanks for the advice, Denise.  I will put it off for a bit in the hope that as things start to seem a little less fraught, my jaw will go back to normal.  I don't think I am grinding my teeth at night, just a little tense (as I'm sure everyone my age is!) and I'm doing my best to relax my face!  

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks for the advice, Denise.  I will put it off for a bit in the hope that as things start to seem a little less fraught, my jaw will go back to normal.  I don't think I am grinding my teeth at night, just a little tense (as I'm sure everyone my age is!) and I'm doing my best to relax my face!  

Your welcome! Stress can play a huge roll!

You can always go and get a mouth guard at the store target a Walmart etc. in the sporting goods area. Buy one that you place in hot water to mold to your teeth.

This might help if your jaw tenderness is still there. It will open your jaw just enough at night to relax the tendon and muscles.

Also massage your jaw joints and warm compresses ! You will be fine. Glad it was jaw tenderness!

Have a great day VictOriann!

Denise😊

• Like 1