Jump to content

Costa releases new safety protocols...


Recommended Posts

I have yet to wear a mask due to Covid-19, and while I would have no problem wearing one in the terminal during the boarding process, if it's mandated that I wear one while actually onboard the vessel, I'm out. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall it doesn't seem too bad, but I have some concerns

I would like them to detail how the muster drill will be done as I remember those being 30 minutes in the hot sun packed way too close together. As well as disembarking the ship.

I think they need to provide more specifics on the isolation of someone with symptoms, how long will it be, when will they get a test, are they remaining onboard or dropped off at next port, when they get back to the home port what happens, and other specific details and the game plan of how that will work for both positive and negative test results

Edited by Moparfiend
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It's kind of funny.  I live in NYC...and this is how life's been for the past 3 months, and may be until forever (that's how it feels), so for me it wouldn't be any worse than staying home.

 

But, I wonder how "people from open states", where they can sit down in a restaurant, go shopping etc...how they'll adapt to this?  Especially....because the "early cruises" will be from those "open areas" that aren't restrictive.


I live in Albany. I will cancel all my bookings if this is how it is, and I have lots of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There seem to be contradictions from Costa in this release.  I get they aren't known as 'kid friendly', but the statement about kids' activities puzzles me:
Children from 3 to 11 years old are guaranteed access to the Squok Club recreation area. Occupancy will be limited, and continuous sanitation protocols will be adopted to ensure that children play in total safety

 

Guaranteed access, but limited occupancy... how does that work?  Also, you should never say children will play in total safety, that's assuming A LOT, like no one throwing a LEGO and hitting someone in the head with it or no one chews on a crayon.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ugagal07 said:

There seem to be contradictions from Costa in this release.  I get they aren't known as 'kid friendly', but the statement about kids' activities puzzles me:
Children from 3 to 11 years old are guaranteed access to the Squok Club recreation area. Occupancy will be limited, and continuous sanitation protocols will be adopted to ensure that children play in total safety

 

Guaranteed access, but limited occupancy... how does that work?  Also, you should never say children will play in total safety, that's assuming A LOT, like no one throwing a LEGO and hitting someone in the head with it or no one chews on a crayon.  

Maybe they will keep the kids like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I will need a definition of what they consider public spaces.  How about sitting at the Alchemy bar. Is that a public space. How are you supposed to sit and relax with an after dinner drink wearing a mask?

Looks like you can order a drink at the bar if space allows, but table service is more likely.

 

"On board at all our bars, during the opening times indicated in the daily program, it will be possible to order drinks at the table from our staff. Tables (and any reusable menus) will be sanitized after each use. It will be possible to order directly at the counter only if the safety distance is respected; guest access points will be clearly marked and limited to avoid creating large groups."

 

This indicates not needing to wear a mask at a bar:

 

"It will not, however, be required in outdoor areas, on sun loungers, in the swimming pool and during the meal and bar service, once seated at the table;"

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

 

 

This indicates not needing to wear a mask at a bar:

 

"It will not, however, be required in outdoor areas, on sun loungers, in the swimming pool and during the meal and bar service, once seated at the table;"

 

 

I can see people dragging the sun loungers up to the bar and camping out

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I will need a definition of what they consider public spaces.  How about sitting at the Alchemy bar. Is that a public space. How are you supposed to sit and relax with an after dinner drink wearing a mask?

 

at a table a safe distance from other tables with others enjoying adult beverages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

 

Go ahead, new cruisers will take your place. 


While new cruisers might take my place, most dont cruise 5-6x per year in balcony cabins and suites and book a beverage package on every cruise. I won’t do social distance cruising like how Costa is rolling it out. 

Edited by UPNYGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:


While new cruisers might take my place, most dont cruise 5-6x per year in balcony cabins and suites and book a beverage package on every cruise. I won’t do social distance cruising like how Costa is rolling it out. 

 

New cruisers might tend to purchase individual drinks and not packages and outspend old salts. And many gamblers do far more than 5-6 cruises/yr. Even non-gamblers.

 

The reality is that novice cruisers are Carnival's bread and butter and they know it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jordanaire said:

 

Let's see here...fun or safety? Which would I choose? Wear a mask to Kroger or WalMart? Yes. Wear a mask to cruise? If I have to, then yes.

Do you go to Kroger or Walmart for vacation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The reality is that novice cruisers are Carnival's bread and butter and they know it.

 

I agree with this statement, but wonder how many new cruisers would find cruising under these conditions to be either relaxing or fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

But seriously...what does this do to the Alchemy experience?  Shoots it directly in the no no place, is what it does.  That might make me rethink Cheers.

Not me.  I like the rapport with the mixologists but I'm there for one of their special elixirs which will be brought to my table. By my masked waiter. Like the Lone Ranger😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

 

I agree with this statement, but wonder how many new cruisers would find cruising under these conditions to be either relaxing or fun.

 

Could be most of them. They have nothing to compare it with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amyjoy202697 said:

Sorry to ask here, that's kind of what the post is about though. I was just curious.

No problem. You are on the Carnival forum here on Cruise Critic.....Not the Costa forum here on Cruise Critic.

 

This may give you more specific information:

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/84-costa-cruises/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...