Aug & Sept

English-Greg

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It would make sense about no cruises out of NOLA in October.   The initial plan was 8 ships out of 3 ports starting on August 1.  I would have to assume that the same gameplan would come into play, just shifted back to sometime after September 15 or whenever CLIA and the CDC give the cruise industry the thumbs up to reinstate cruising.

But Galveston was one of the first planned ports and all of their 6+ day cruises for October were also removed two days ago.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

Is that for the rest of this calendar year?

I would assume, knowing the various potential pitfalls in assuming, that they stay in close touch with Royal and Carnival.

It doesnt mean there wouldnt be any money from cruiselines, just that they arent counting on any. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

Lol you know the line, sold out, capacity hit.

Yeah well the crazy thing is I was looking at cruises the night before. I was looking at a couple of Freedom and a couple of Vista. Next day poof...all gone.

4 hours ago, linz98144 said:

And between optimism and pessimism is the realist.

The cruises are going to be cancelled. Accept it now and you have time to come up with other plans. 

I have no plans, yet, to reschedule my April cruise that was cancelled. I do think one can be a realist and optimistic (or a realist and pessimistic) but that is probably just the optimist in me! 😄

I think for most, the decision to go ahead and book is a matter of risk tolerance. They may know it's unlikely to sail but go ahead and book anyway in hopes of getting a great deal (and empty ship!) Even if the August cruises were still on, my husband and I couldn’t risk the potential of a quarantine with our jobs. I would be happy with a land vacation in the Caribbean but that looks pretty limited and unrelaxing at this time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It would make sense about no cruises out of NOLA in October.   The initial plan was 8 ships out of 3 ports starting on August 1.  I would have to assume that the same gameplan would come into play, just shifted back to sometime after September 15 or whenever CLIA and the CDC give the cruise industry the thumbs up to reinstate cruising.

Agreed. It'd make sense to take the plan they had laid out for August and simply shift it over to late Sept. and, I guess, into October. Beyond, if necessary. We cruise in January and I'm still confident it'll happen, I don't care what anyone says. To be honest, I wouldn't mind cruising on a partial capacity ship. Aside from the obvious smaller crowds, I just think it'd be an interesting experience. I feel like they'll be back to full capacity by Jan., but if they get pushed back again, who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HxFx said:

I do think one can be a realist and optimistic (or a realist and pessimistic) but that is probably just the optimist in me! 😄

I agree wholeheartedly. It's a ridiculous notion to think that someone who's being optimistic isn't being realistic. I'm dumbfounded, and kind of saddened, seeing that feelings of hope & optimism have been treated with such condemnation in the last few months. And not just on here.

• Like 3

I, for one, THANK those people that THINK they will be cruising anytime soon.  Keep sending in those deposits, PLEASE. Yup, you will be sailing any day now. You don't want to miss out, those cruises will sell out fast. 

I own Carnival stock, and as a stockholder, you are immensely helping by providing Carnival with 0% interest loans. That is so much better than they can get from the open market, where Carnival would pay 10% or more for the same type of loan you have given them for 0%.  I do appreciate your generosity.  Please keep up the good work. I do greatly appreciate it. 

• Haha 1

If my September cruise is cancelled, i will roll it all to my January cruise.  If the world comes to an end and the cruise doesn't happen, I can afford the risk.  If the cruise sails, I will most likely have the $600 OBC and a $100 stockholder's credit.  I'm not sure why people need to be condescending.  I don't make fun of people who think it will never happen.  Everyone takes risks in life, just in different ways.  I just choose to live my life with hope instead of being afraid to do anything.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonit964 said:

Carnival Panorama out of LA is showing no cruises to book until January 2021.

All the months are shaded out for the rest of this year. 😢

That's definitely better than letting people book cruises that may not happen.  If cruising does end up opening this year, there is no doubt they can fill the ships to whatever capacity they need.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Carnival Panorama out of LA is showing no cruises to book until January 2021.

All the months are shaded out for the rest of this year. 😢

I just checked and October cruises, 24th and 31st are still showing image.thumb.png.bb4c1511abb7b0bc6985d647075fd243.png

• Like 1

Talked with my agent friday after the new release on NBC. We were scheduled to cruise out on Spetember 12th. She said they would advise on Monday how they were handling cancellations and rebookingts etc through the 15th of September.

This sucks. Cancellation #3 for this year alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonit964 said:

They sure are. When I looked earlier only January and on were showing. There's hope!

the funny thing is that they are only showing 24th and 31st sailings in October........  hmmmm  I'm giving a  30% chance..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

the funny thing is that they are only showing 24th and 31st sailings in October........  hmmmm  I'm giving a  30% chance..

I was booked on the Oct 17th sailing but canceled in April to get a head start on the deposit refund. Personally, I don't think cruising will resume on 2020 but I hope I'm wrong. I'm gonna wait to book anything until things settle down a bit. I really miss cruising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radiioman46 said:

I wonder if its safe to purchase cabins from a third party(other than the travel agencies). I would be afraid that it could be a scam and you would lose your money. I know there a ticket masters that kind of do that for concert tickets, etc. but unless I knew who they were, I would be skeptical. I love discounts! I never like to pay full price for anything, and I would be very tempted to get cabins like that. LOL! 

They been in business since like 1986. I've booked 2 or 3 times with them maybe ten years ago. They promised me twice a bottle of wine to rebook with them. Never got the wine, so started booking direct. I mentioned it to the agent I booked this agust cruise thru and he said my last name miss spelled and fixed my acct he blamed it on. 

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

But Galveston was one of the first planned ports and all of their 6+ day cruises for October were also removed two days ago.

The initial game plan from Carnival as was reported was 8 Ships and 3 embarkation ports. Assuming that the same game plan would take effect after they get CLIA and CDC approval, then this would explain why NOLA is not available for October bookings.

The initial ports are of course fluid and maybe Galveston will be a tragedy.  Since it's cost prohibitive for me to ever cruise out of Galveston, whatever happens in that port has zero effect on me.

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The initial game plan from Carnival as was reported was 8 Ships and 3 embarkation ports. Assuming that the same game plan would take effect after they get CLIA and CDC approval, then this would explain why NOLA is not available for October bookings.

The initial ports are of course fluid and maybe Galveston will be a tragedy.  Since it's cost prohibitive for me to ever cruise out of Galveston, whatever happens in that port has zero effect on me.

You can book a 5 day out of NOLA just not a 7 in October.

16 hours ago, ano said:

I, for one, THANK those people that THINK they will be cruising anytime soon.  Keep sending in those deposits, PLEASE. Yup, you will be sailing any day now. You don't want to miss out, those cruises will sell out fast. 

I own Carnival stock, and as a stockholder, you are immensely helping by providing Carnival with 0% interest loans. That is so much better than they can get from the open market, where Carnival would pay 10% or more for the same type of loan you have given them for 0%.  I do appreciate your generosity.  Please keep up the good work. I do greatly appreciate it. 

Carnival secured private-sector loans back in April that keeps them afloat (no pun intended) until November, if necessary. It's not our fault that people like you are so bitter that you refuse to educate yourself on the facts of this situation. It's funny, because y'all come on this board to spout your rhetoric about how Carnival's cheating its customers, stealing their money, they're lying about what they know & when they know it, lying about capacity-controlled sailings, blah blah blah, yet you guys own shares of stock and still cruise on their ships. But somehow the rest of us are the suckers. 🙄

• Like 2

The topic here is August & September.

The indisputable facts are:

1. August is toast, and the first half of September is, too.

2. Fact #1 is precisely as several of us have been predicting since April & May.
     3. Those predictions were based on analysis of evidence, not "optimism," magical thinking and hype. 

Next prediction: The rest of autumn (and probably even the 20-21 winter) season is dead for cruising unless Americans start behaving like adults ... distancing, wearing the masks, going one way in the supermarket one way aisles, ending the secret basement parties, etc.

If infection rates continue worsening in the "open for business" states, you know the CDC isn't going to consider a resumption of cruising. 
       So the hard answer for cruise fans: play by the rules on shore, or don't expect to find yourself onboard any time soon.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

2. Fact #1 is precisely as several of us have been predicting since April & May.
     3. Those predictions were based on analysis of evidence, not "optimism," magical thinking and hype. 

Next prediction: The rest of autumn (and probably even the 20-21 winter) season is dead for cruising unless Americans start behaving like adults ... distancing, wearing the masks, going one way in the supermarket one way aisles, ending the secret basement parties, etc.

If infection rates continue worsening in the "open for business" states, you know the CDC isn't going to consider a resumption of cruising. 
       So the hard answer for cruise fans: play by the rules on shore, or don't expect to find yourself onboard any time soon.

4 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

My wife and I were sitting on the porch this morning wondering when we would be on a cruise again.  Sadly your post is right on and I think it would be feasible to be back cruising December or January if people followed the things in your post.  Unfortunately, that is not the case and I think it's going to be a while before any of those boats have paying customers on them.  That makes me sad for all the people  whose jobs have been lost on the boats and on land.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, skridge said:

My wife and I were sitting on the porch this morning wondering when we would be on a cruise again.  Sadly your post is right on and I think it would be feasible to be back cruising December or January if people followed the things in your post.  Unfortunately, that is not the case and I think it's going to be a while before any of those boats have paying customers on them.  That makes me sad for all the people  whose jobs have been lost on the boats and on land.

skridge - yes, it's truly awful for the workers & contractors ... in the U.S. and abroad. And for all decent people who enjoy cruising.

Ironically, it's the "open everything now -

I demand my haircut" crowd that's killing the hopes for any reasonably quick return to cruising. they're blowing it in Florida & Arizona, and they're a major reason that sensible people wouldn't cruise right now.

My wife and I took a couple of hour-long ferry rides last week (First public transport since the end of february).  A whole bunch of folks wouldn't bother with masks, but at least the morning crowd was sober and trying to keep distance. The late afternoon trip was too many well-oiled people crowding together carelessly.

All of that confirmed my thinking that no cruise will be fun right now.

• Like 1