Jump to content

You can blame the CDC, not NCL for the latest suspensions.


CaptainWes
 Share

Recommended Posts

All this talk about what we did or didn't do in January... February... but why, oh why is it still going on as approach JULY?  New York was hit hard and we shut everything down, and we set strict standards for re-opening and are going slow and careful. Our new cases are staying level. What the bloody Sunday is happening in Florida, Arizona, etc.?  There should be one standard as led by the Federal government. One set of rules. And they should be based on the success cases (not just ours but the other countries like New Zealand!)  We are a crazy country where every State gets to decide on its own and we are unwilling to even enforce the rules we set. Sure, in some cases people are just risking themselves going out. But by creating new hospital full emergencies they are delaying everything again (including cruising.)  In addition to the CDC seemingly ignoring the CLIA, I blame Florida's reckless leader and behavior of its people for the likely further delay of cruising. No way we can start cruises from Florida ports with this going on...

image.png.3ba821adac19cfd8570ca12cc3cf6b17.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, janerd said:

If we had any type of leadership from the Whitehouse instead of daily lies, and just listen to experts we would be in a whole lot of better position than we are now. 15 case that'll be zero soon has turned into over 2 million cases and 120,000 dead in just 3 months. That's the incompetence we have now.

Except we've had excellent leadership from the Whitehouse*.  The US is very well positioned in healthcare capacity, testing and economic recovery.

 

Anyone who thinks we'd be magically virus free is living in a fantasy world.  I know, it's easier to just close your eyes and hope the situation will change, but adults deal with problems.  We're well on our way to putting this behind us getting back to cruising ASAP.

 

*I'd ask for an example of a lie, but don't want to embarrass you for not being able to find one. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Boatseller also predicted that cruises would begin in August out of Florida because the governor was good friends with the WH occupant and they would overrule the CDC or something like that.

When September 15 happens, I'll still be much closer than the 2021 crowd.

 

And who knows, maybe this just a ploy to out think the CDC (not too difficult) and let the NSO expire, then on August 15, the cruise lines realize they're way ahead in their plans and are ready to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

Finally some sense.

Yes agree. There is no competent policy in the USA that has been my entire point.

Again, stop while I'm ahead.  You're basing your position on a complete non-factor.

 

Except for a few obvious States, the situation in the US has been very well managed.  You're in NJ right?  Look, I'm sorry you chose to live somewhere with incompetent leadership but we're good here in Florida. The situation is under control.  Healthcare capacity is good, large numbers of people are/will be recovering.  For a pandemic, that's what you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Well noted.  RE: the OP of your particular response, there is a clear and evident bias against the US administration and the Governor of the state of Florida.  Happens all the time; "let no crisis go to waste" is now at the grass roots level.

Yep.  I think some of our friends are just bitter their State totally botched the situation and are just raging against anyone who handled it well and isn't afraid catching a cold.

 

While the CLIA announcement is disappointing, that it came from CLIA and not the individual lines is very...interesting.  Waiting to find out what's really going on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Again, stop while I'm ahead.  You're basing your position on a complete non-factor.

 

Except for a few obvious States, the situation in the US has been very well managed.  You're in NJ right?  Look, I'm sorry you chose to live somewhere with incompetent leadership but we're good here in Florida. The situation is under control.  Healthcare capacity is good, large numbers of people are/will be recovering.  For a pandemic, that's what you want.

And there are some Floridians that suggest "incompetent leadership " is alive and well in your state.

 

It's an opinion you probably don't agree with , but like you it's theirs. Even Florida people see things different.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Again, stop while I'm ahead.  You're basing your position on a complete non-factor.

 

Except for a few obvious States, the situation in the US has been very well managed.  You're in NJ right?  Look, I'm sorry you chose to live somewhere with incompetent leadership but we're good here in Florida. The situation is under control.  Healthcare capacity is good, large numbers of people are/will be recovering.  For a pandemic, that's what you want.

Excuse me, NJ has done extremely well considering our population density and we do NOT have incompetent leadership. Our numbers are falling like a rock and Florida they are setting records daily. You do not know what you are talking about. We have opened slowly the way it was outlined. How could you possibly say you are good in Florida with the numbers you are having on a daily basis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Excuse me, NJ has done extremely well considering our population density and we do NOT have incompetent leadership. Our numbers are falling like a rock and Florida they are setting records daily. You do not know what you are talking about. We have opened slowly the way it was outlined. How could you possibly say you are good in Florida with the numbers you are having on a daily basis?

Because Florida is more open sooner than NJ.  And, I will keep pointing the out, number of positive cases is a meaningless statistic.

 

Very early on, Florida took measures to protect the most vulnerable, and it worked.  Despite cases going up, ER visits and hospitalizations are essentially flat and capacity is not under stress.  Fatalities are declining.  That is a good thing.  People are going to get the virus, that cannot be stopped, ever.  The more people to recover with little or no consequence, the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, boatseller said:

.  People are going to get the virus, that cannot be stopped, ever. 

Funny... NY , NJ and many other COUNTRIES have gotten the curve to go down.... Florida and Texas has not figured that out yet

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, boatseller said:

 Fatalities are declining. 

 

do you look at the facts? at BEST its flat and that is HORRIBLE for 3 MONTHS... it should be down!

 

 

 

image.png.23ccbfabe7f0bd8315f0a6085bc67c0d.png

 

Here is NYC. Can you spot the difference?

 

image.png.a0ac105c562f38339bc151ad748d6580.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Because Florida is more open sooner than NJ.  And, I will keep pointing the out, number of positive cases is a meaningless statistic.

 

Very early on, Florida took measures to protect the most vulnerable, and it worked.  Despite cases going up, ER visits and hospitalizations are essentially flat and capacity is not under stress.  Fatalities are declining.  That is a good thing.  People are going to get the virus, that cannot be stopped, ever.  The more people to recover with little or no consequence, the better.

People are going to get it no matter what but you took a swipe at my state. I love, I love all our states unlike you I guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, boatseller said:

  Despite cases going up, ER visits and hospitalizations are essentially flat and capacity is not under stress. 

 

only in America , we can have a pandemic and for 3 months the hospitalizations for a disease are flat and that is seen as a good thing. 

 

again... Hospitalizations in Florida

 

image.png.60beb7e4310003860ad8d464b2945e53.png

 

Hospitalizations in NY

 

image.png.6a393d76d7a796a9eebc5c5f00ca3ce6.png

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Except we've had excellent leadership from the Whitehouse*.  The US is very well positioned in healthcare capacity, testing and economic recovery.

 

Anyone who thinks we'd be magically virus free is living in a fantasy world.  I know, it's easier to just close your eyes and hope the situation will change, but adults deal with problems.  We're well on our way to putting this behind us getting back to cruising ASAP.

 

*I'd ask for an example of a lie, but don't want to embarrass you for not being able to find one. 🙂

Actually I only see you embarrassing one person,   YOURSELF.

LIES the president has told about covid-19. AKA there's a lot of them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

As you like to tell people on here, you can apologize to me now🙂

Edited by janerd
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

With COVID cases spiralling upward in new states, it's no surprise that the CDC wouldn't be interested in discussing sailing from US ports, right now.


The U.S has become one large ping pong ball with this virus. People flying all over the country spreading it from one person to the next. Large rallies, etc. All a recipe for disaster. No national leadership from the beginning, lies and leaving each state to deal with it which means fifty different policies is just making things worse. I have never seen such a poor job. It’s embarrassing. No way will cruises start in the U.S anytime soon. September 15th is just another kick of the can down the road. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

Except we've had excellent leadership from the Whitehouse*.  The US is very well positioned in healthcare capacity, testing and economic recovery.

 

Anyone who thinks we'd be magically virus free is living in a fantasy world.  I know, it's easier to just close your eyes and hope the situation will change, but adults deal with problems.  We're well on our way to putting this behind us getting back to cruising ASAP.

 

*I'd ask for an example of a lie, but don't want to embarrass you for not being able to find one. 🙂

Well on our way to putting this behind us? really? lets look at the statistics

 

Spain is putting it behind them

 

image.png.5e5b49ecade06f16600b623a4404665a.png

 

 

The UK is putting it behind them

 

image.png.f23e1e0645e9e5c7cdd5c24d743cc6f1.png

 

Italy is putting it behind them

 

image.png.af5115f607862efee617957b15c64204.png

 

 

Now lets look at the good ol' USA

 

image.png.0d4ca704ca1acce5d53b5f828ee638f8.png

 

 

We havent even STARTED to get this under control. We need to get the curve LOWER not higher... Other countries have done some states in the US have done it. So why is the curve RISING in the US?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Yep.  I think some of our friends are just bitter their State totally botched the situation and are just raging against anyone who handled it well and isn't afraid catching a cold.

 

Yep.

 

We must honestly admit that the task force and media scared us into a frenzy.  We left Florida at end of March thinking we wouldn't be able to get home to NH lakes region if some states closed borders.  Once here, we noticed the same as in Florida, 'fleeing NY, NJ, CT and Boston, MA everywhere.

 

But after watching the inconsistent treatment of businesses (big box HD and Lowes open, local hardware stores closed) in different states, the total destruction of the restaurant and hotel and attractions industries in these same heavy lock down cities, we became a bit dismayed by the policies which seemed to have noon-health related reasons.  We started to change our minds.

 

Then came the protests (over a valid repugnant incident), followed by the rioters and looters and arson of cities, and "face masks and social distancing" was never a concern in the same cities above with the severe, punitive lock downs.  So, we're complying with face masks and social distancing in NH with a very decentralized geographical and risk measured C-19 plan by our Governor.  No longer believe the "experts" as NO MASSIVE SPIKES from the "large gatherings" as long as it is not a Church, or graduation, or birthday party or a playground or the beach.

 

40 minutes ago, boatseller said:

 

While the CLIA announcement is disappointing, that it came from CLIA and not the individual lines is very...interesting.  Waiting to find out what's really going on.

 

Interesting.  I had assumed (yep, know that too) that the cruise lines got together to have the CLIA report such based on preempting the CDC from extending it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, janerd said:

Actually I only see you embarrassing one person,   YOURSELF.

LIES the president has told about covid-19. AKA there's a lot of them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

As you like to tell people on here, you can apologize to me now🙂

biased "articles" are worthless, got to show the whole video and context to get true meaning, c-span works best, give it a try.  I could be mistaken but to the best my knowledge, mankind has never stopped a corona virus -  they either fizzle out on their own, or immunity is developed, but I could be wrong.  Once again what is the current solution to the problem, I dont think there is an answer, if there was it would be implemented. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Newleno said:

  Once again what is the current solution to the problem, I dont think there is an answer, if there was it would be implemented. 

many countries seem to have found the basic solution on how to flatten the curve... I wonder if the US government has looked at other places that have been MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the US

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

Now lets look at the good ol' USA

 

image.png.0d4ca704ca1acce5d53b5f828ee638f8.png

 

 

We havent even STARTED to get this under control. We need to get the curve LOWER not higher... Other countries have done some states in the US have done it. So why is the curve RISING in the US?

Hmm looks like spike started the same time as riots started

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...