Jump to content

Carnival just sold 6 ships is Holland next??


Recommended Posts

Costa neoclassica was sold to Bahamas Paradise while Costa neoriviera was sold to sister company AIDA.
Costa Victoria is being sold to an Italian shipyard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnival just sold 6 ships is Holland next?
Carnival Fantasy (built in 1990), Ecstasy (1991), Sensation (1993), Fascination (1994), Imagination (1995), Inspiration (1996), Elation (1998) and Paradise
Are all these 8 ships already sold or expected to be sold soon
Link to post
Share on other sites

And more to come according to Mr. (Round-up) Donald. This may be the end of the S.(Maasdam, Veendam) and R. Class ships (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam)..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

Who is buying these?

 

Just guessing but maybe the Chinese so they can start their own Cruise company , can't think of anybody else in this market .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This move is by Carnival is bound to affect HAL.  I can defiantly see the Maasdam and Veendam go.  They were built in 1993 and 1996 respectively. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Himself said:

This move is by Carnival is bound to affect HAL.  I can defiantly see the Maasdam and Veendam go.  They were built in 1993 and 1996 respectively. 

I will not be surprised if HAL is blended into Princess or vice versa if needed.  Eliminating ships will allow less salaries and a chance to get lean and in essence actually start over.

The longer this drags on the more Companies with Zero revenue will have to do drastic things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nymich said:

I will not be surprised if HAL is blended into Princess or vice versa if needed.  Eliminating ships will allow less salaries and a chance to get lean and in essence actually start over.

The longer this drags on the more Companies with Zero revenue will have to do drastic things. 

I f that happen I would hope Princess would be blended into Holland America!

Link to post
Share on other sites
I agree with you the Holland America product is better.
We have sailed a lot on both. And can tell the difference.
What's the difference please, between Princess and Holland America?
I have read everywhere that Princess has better shows, activities and entertainment
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Drsel,

Of course it is all subjective.  We sail both lines, but mainly HAL.  For us, the staff are better, meaning the MDR, Lido and stateroom attendants are much more attentive on HAL lines, they all know your name by end of day one.  The shows itself I would say are the same.  The entertainment from the Crew Staff i.e. trivia, games, etc there is more on Princess, Princess usually has way more staff than HAL, Princess can have 5 staff in entertainment department, and we are lucky to get two entertainment staff on a HAL ship.  We usually sail longer voyages on HAL 28 plus days.  The itinerary's are better in my opinion on HAL.  Princess has the International Cafe and the Piazza which are both great, many times nice music in the piazza, great place to sit for coffee.  I am going to get flamed for this from some people, but I think the fellow cruisers on HAL are nicer than Princess.  Of course just my opinion again.  We have a great time on any cruise, but I do prefer the HAL product.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drsel said:

Its only six ships being sold, not 14


6 for now, and more on the way. 
 

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-sells-six-cruise-ships-more-to-come/

 

In addition to the six ships which already are definitely leaving various Carnival Corporation brands, Donald has indicated that there are negotiations in place which could see more vessels exiting as well.”

 

some of these are slated to be flat out scrapped and not repurposed. 

Edited by UPNYGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drsel said:

What's the difference please, between Princess and Holland America?
I have read everywhere that Princess has better shows, activities and entertainment

we find that Princess is fun with music & activities for everyone.

HAL is stuffy and for old people - like a nursing home - assisted living. HAL has a nite club for classical music but very little rock & roll. we did the  2017 world cruise on the amsterdam LA to FTL. we died.

each to his own. no more HAL for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jrblach said:

we find that Princess is fun with music & activities for everyone.

HAL is stuffy and for old people - like a nursing home - assisted living. HAL has a nite club for classical music but very little rock & roll. we did the  2017 world cruise on the amsterdam LA to FTL. we died.

each to his own. no more HAL for us.

You have not been to a ship that has Billboard and Rolling Stone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

You have not been to a ship that has Billboard and Rolling Stone.

You've got that right.

 

Our last cruise on Holland was in late January.  Went to BB King every single night.  Standing room only, lots of dancing, etc. Busy days on shore, and so much to do after dinner that we had to prioritize every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

And more to come according to Mr. (Round-up) Donald. This may be the end of the S.(Maasdam, Veendam) and R. Class ships (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam)..

But I only sail on the S and R class ships!  OK, I did do the Noordam's maiden voyage and didn't like the bigger ship.  My cruise days may be over - Waaaaaaa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowhere in the article does it state that those specific ships are being sold. It lists them because the writer of the article wanted to identify the oldest class of Carnival ships as selling them would be the most obvious choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Carnival just sold 6 ships is Holland next?

Carnival Fantasy (built in 1990), Ecstasy (1991), Sensation (1993), Fascination (1994), Imagination (1995), Inspiration (1996), Elation (1998) and Paradise

 

In the two articles I've read, the six ships are not specified. In one of them in particular, Donald says this class of ships (cited by you above) continues to be popular and book well. 

 

Did you find something else out there about this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jrblach said:

we find that Princess is fun with music & activities for everyone.

HAL is stuffy and for old people - like a nursing home - assisted living. HAL has a nite club for classical music but very little rock & roll. we did the  2017 world cruise on the amsterdam LA to FTL. we died.

each to his own. no more HAL for us.

Come on Rich, tell us how you really feel!  😎😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...