Jump to content

Online check in / Final payment for Sept Sailing


Recommended Posts

I read threw all of the Aug & Sept topic and i am still at a coin flip. I have a final payment due for my Sept cruise. Still say's i am booked and sailing as of this time. I can go ahead and complete the online check in at no cost . Still wary of sending final payment for this cruise as we have already re-booked a canceled cruise with the 600 OBC for May 2021. I sure hope its a capacity thing not another cancellation. Fingers crossed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it were me, I would not make a final payment on a cruise for September.  The only reason I have a cruise booked in September is because it is a rebooked cruise from my cancelled April cruise that was paid for.  Given the option now, I would not book a cruise in September because there is a possibility of having to wear a mask on the ship.  Plus, it might not sail, so it's a risk booking excursions, hotel, flights, etc.

I hope Carnival does sail in September, but part of me is fine if they cancel so I can move my money to a January cruise.  The restrictions that would have to be in place for a September cruise will probably be more than I prefer for a vacation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

I read threw all of the Aug & Sept topic and i am still at a coin flip. I have a final payment due for my Sept cruise. Still say's i am booked and sailing as of this time. I can go ahead and complete the online check in at no cost . Still wary of sending final payment for this cruise as we have already re-booked a canceled cruise with the 600 OBC for May 2021. I sure hope its a capacity thing not another cancellation. Fingers crossed. 

 

I had to make that same decision last week for my September cruise.  I eventually decided to complete payment but only because I fall in the group that can cancel without penalty up to 30 days prior to sail date.

 

The news about NCL cancelling through the end of September was subsequently announced.

 

Now I fully expect Carnival will cancel this cruise.  If my final payment had been due after NCL's announcement, I would have cancelled rather than paying in full.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am scheduled for August 8th. Told my ta I would go if the ship sailed, but wasn’t comfortable with putting final payment money up and having it trapped if cxl. My TA called carnival and easily got final payment pushed until 30 days from sailing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, swissh40 said:

I am scheduled for August 8th. Told my ta I would go if the ship sailed, but wasn’t comfortable with putting final payment money up and having it trapped if cxl. My TA called carnival and easily got final payment pushed until 30 days from sailing. 

Now there's a nice idea. Do the 90 day check in but see about putting off final payment. Were my Cruise is in Sept i was hoping that Carnival would have all the wrinkles ironed out from the Aug sailings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, swissh40 said:

I am scheduled for August 8th. Told my ta I would go if the ship sailed, but wasn’t comfortable with putting final payment money up and having it trapped if cxl. My TA called carnival and easily got final payment pushed until 30 days from sailing. 

you really only have 3 weeks now to decide. Carnival sould be announcing something soon if Aug 1st is a go

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

you really only have 3 weeks now to decide. Carnival sould be announcing something soon if Aug 1st is a go

Exactly. If cxl I will take the 600obc and let them have my deposit to hold on to for the next year. Just didn’t want them to hold on to over $2k for a year. If something happens and I lose my deposit, sad but not $2k+ that I’d never get over lol. I figured they would cancel with at least 30 days notice.... and was happy to see they granted everyone in my group the extension without any hassle 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had to make our final payment for our Sept. cruise. This was a re-book for a cancelled Aug. sailing on the Liberty (Plan Now, Sail Later promo). $1000 onboard credit plus $250 in casino fun play. Hope it sails, but I have my doubts. Could be another re-book although we are already booked on the Legend for Nov. with the same promo.

 

Wearing a mask doesn't bother us - we live in Florida and have been wearing masks since March and will continue to do so since our new case stats are continually rising. We are still sheltering at home most of the time and refuse to eat in restaurants or go into stores, unlike many Floridians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

If it were me, I would not make a final payment on a cruise for September.  The only reason I have a cruise booked in September is because it is a rebooked cruise from my cancelled April cruise that was paid for.  Given the option now, I would not book a cruise in September because there is a possibility of having to wear a mask on the ship.  Plus, it might not sail, so it's a risk booking excursions, hotel, flights, etc.

I hope Carnival does sail in September, but part of me is fine if they cancel so I can move my money to a January cruise.  The restrictions that would have to be in place for a September cruise will probably be more than I prefer for a vacation.

 

I'm on freedom on the 13th, I'm not paying anything towards it until I see ships sailing. If I miss out i miss out. Same with my 3 cruises booked on freedom in november.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

 

I'm on freedom on the 13th, I'm not paying anything towards it until I see ships sailing. If I miss out i miss out. Same with my 3 cruises booked on freedom in november.

We are on the Freedom on the 13th too! Let's all hope we get to go....If not we will take the FCC and any OBC they throw our way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

 

I'm on freedom on the 13th, I'm not paying anything towards it until I see ships sailing. If I miss out i miss out. Same with my 3 cruises booked on freedom in november.


If your cruise sails, I hope you write a review!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

We are on the Freedom on the 13th too! Let's all hope we get to go....If not we will take the FCC and any OBC they throw our way. 

 

 

I booked this one last July. The price has really dropped since then. I think our final payment date is the 30th of june.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TNcruising02 said:


If your cruise sails, I hope you write a review!  

 

I dont write reviews but dont mind answering questions about the experience. I'm not entirely comfortable in going, and I want to see what others say first. 😷🌍😷

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

 

 

I booked this one last July. The price has really dropped since then. I think our final payment date is the 30th of june.

We booked ours last Sept. 6, and had it paid off Feb. 6.  We got just 1 price reduction, in the form of $240 OBC. I'll take it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lottacruises said:

 

I dont write reviews but dont mind answering questions about the experience. I'm not entirely comfortable in going, and I want to see what others say first. 😷🌍😷


Me too!  Whoever sails first will be bombarded with a lot of questions, that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm making final payment in the next week for oct 4th. Dont want to get cancelled. 

 

Depends when your payment is due, I wouldnt wait past final payment to pay it.

 

I've got the $98 deposit down on mine for mid September. No big deal if they cancel on me. I'd like to cruised but there is too much uncertainty to go ahead and pay the rest to have it cancelled.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

 

I've got the $98 deposit down on mine for mid September. No big deal if they cancel on me. I'd like to cruised but there is too much uncertainty to go ahead and pay the rest to have it cancelled.  

I wouldnt want to forfeit $98. I'd rather pay it off and if you want a refund wait. I dont make $98 interest. 

 

They still owe me $20 for a price drop on my august cruise I wish now I hadnt asked for, and just waited for them to cancel and move it all to another date. I'll keep booking until I get on a cruise

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wouldnt want to forfeit $98. I'd rather pay it off and if you want a refund wait. I dont make $98 interest. 

 

They still owe me $20 for a price drop on my august cruise I wish now I hadnt asked for, and just waited for them to cancel and move it all to another date. I'll keep booking until I get on a cruise

that's the way i feel. Want this cruise to go off but have a May 2021 on the books already

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 10:00 AM, phoneman69 said:

I read threw all of the Aug & Sept topic and i am still at a coin flip. I have a final payment due for my Sept cruise. Still say's i am booked and sailing as of this time. I can go ahead and complete the online check in at no cost . Still wary of sending final payment for this cruise as we have already re-booked a canceled cruise with the 600 OBC for May 2021. I sure hope its a capacity thing not another cancellation. Fingers crossed. 

I've seen prior mention of people calling carnival to request an extension of payment to 1 month prior to cruise. I'd look into this before paying if possible.

Edited by lovetocruise79
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 7:00 AM, phoneman69 said:

I read threw all of the Aug & Sept topic and i am still at a coin flip. I have a final payment due for my Sept cruise. Still say's i am booked and sailing as of this time. I can go ahead and complete the online check in at no cost . Still wary of sending final payment for this cruise as we have already re-booked a canceled cruise with the 600 OBC for May 2021. I sure hope its a capacity thing not another cancellation. Fingers crossed. 

 

How much money you got already, if 25% I'd say forget it, if 75% what the h**** maybe it'l lbe Miracle and we wake up and it is all gone, LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

Welp, carnival made that decision for us.

May Sailing date is Sept 19th on the Elation. Have to wait until Monday to see if all of Sept is cancelled or just threw the 15th. Do not really want to be the first cruise back but will go with a smile on my face. Problem is final payment due (will ask for extension) airfare done but how long to wait to see if i have to cancel and then a penalty with AA. Not booking transfers or an Uber to the port from MCO. Wait to much work for a vacation. AAAAAAHHHH

Edited by phoneman69
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

May Sailing date is Sept 19th on the Elation. Have to wait until Monday to see if all of Sept is cancelled or just threw the 15th. Do not really want to be the first cruise back but will go with a smile on my face. Problem is final payment due (will ask for extension) airfare done but how long to wait to see if i have to cancel and then a penalty with AA. Not booking transfers or an Uber to the port from MCO. Wait to much work for a vacation. AAAAAAHHHH


I understand your dilemma. I have a cruise that is supposed to leave at the end of September and wonder if it will be cancelled on Monday. I'm 50/50 in wanting to cruise at that time. Part of me would love to be on a ship that isn't full and I have no problem with social distancing.  But the other part cannot stand wearing a mask.  I don't think wearing a mask at the comedy shows will be any fun.  That also means no drinking at the shows because that would defeat the purpose of wearing a mask, unless they seat people far apart.  I would like to see cruises start again and am not concerned about the virus on a ship.

I haven't reserved a hotel, transportation, or excursions for this cruise.  My flights are on Southwest, so that's an easy fix. The downside of my cruise not being cancelled is that it will be up in the air for another month or two.  I really like to have my plans set, but I have learned that this is beyond my control and accepting that I will need to wing it is my best option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...