Considering going on the Scarlet Lady in 2021 for a 4 day cruise.  We are 65 and 75 years old.  It looks like this cruise line is gearing towards 20-30 year olds? Anyone else think this is the case? We love there is no kids.  We worry we wont fit in any advise/thoughts?  We don't want a "stuffy" ship!

We will both be 64 when we cruise in December.  I have no worries about fitting in.  I am going on the ship with the full intention of having a good time, enjoying myself, and experiencing a different take on cruising.  I am sure there will be others who are not in their 20s or 30s.  Many will be older, long-time cruisers looking to change things up a bit.  I don't think you have anything to worry about! 

We are 44 and 54 and usually cruise  on Celebrity.  We like the idea of no kids as well. From reading most of the people on this board's comments, it looks like the 30-60 age group will be better represented than the 20-30.  I think if you are young at heart you will enjoy the cruise. Worst case scenario - it is only a 4 or 5 night trip and then you will know once and for all whether Virgin is for you. 

6 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We worry we wont fit in any advise/thoughts? 

You won't know till a few sailings have already happen and there's feedback from guests.

My husband and I are from Australia and we will be 38 when we cruise next year. We certainly hope you will consider booking as we love to meet people of all ages and walks of life [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 hours ago, gskimmel said:

Age is just a mindset.  I know plenty of 70+ year olds that are "younger" than people I know in their 20s and 30s.

Amen- I am 60, but act like a 13 year old........Okay, maybe a 21 year old......

• 3 weeks later...

We are in our mid 50’s and have only experienced 3 lines so far ( carnival, royal carebean and celebrity). I don't think virgin will be for us.

We have to save for a few years to go on a cruise, it's a real treat for us, so I look forward to a bit of luxury. I can see they want modern and sleek, but it all looks like a shopping center / airport lounge to me. 

• 3 weeks later...

We've sailed all the major lines except HAL. I'm 78 and my wife is 69. From what I've seen of the Scarlet Lady, and I've been following it from the beginning. I just can't see ourselves on this line. It just doesn't fit. From the cabins to the pool, doesn't turn us on.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:53 AM, deliver42 said:

We've sailed all the major lines except HAL. I'm 78 and my wife is 69. From what I've seen of the Scarlet Lady, and I've been following it from the beginning. I just can't see ourselves on this line. It just doesn't fit. From the cabins to the pool, doesn't turn us on.

I've been watching as well, have also gone on lots of lines, and I believe many aspects I have seen won't appeal to younger people either.  Certainly  certain games and activities might appeal to different age groups, but I don't think that "weird" appeals to younger people then older people. Some will be the opposite.  Put a turntable in a room and older people will say "cool" younger people won't even know what it is. Younger or older all want basically the same thing, good food, lots of room storage, lots of activities, etc.