CCL Selling Some Ships

dreaminofcruisin

Princess, via Twitter, just posted that both the Sun & Sea Princess have been sold to undisclosed buyers.  In the tweet, they say"...these sales are in line with our parent company's plan to accelerate the removal of less efficient ships from the fleet."

Can a moderator please delete this duplicate post?  My internet was not fast enough and it is redundant!

Edited by SouthAltaCruisingFamily

21 minutes ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

Princess, via Twitter, just posted that both the Sun & Sea Princess have been sold to undisclosed buyers.  In the tweet, they say"...these sales are in line with our parent company's plan to accelerate the removal of less efficient ships from the fleet."

Peace World announced last week that a 'sun class ship' (the 3 are Sun / Sea / POAU Explorer) would replace Ocean Dream (1981 / 1412 passengers) & The Zenith (1992 / 1828 passengers).  General consensus is its the Sun

Weird thing is that The Zenith was just picked up from Pullmantur's fleet this year!! Apparently sale did not go through?

Edited by Ombud

18 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@bubbapuck hope you didn't cancel already!!

OH NO! No way. In fact, since there were so many rumors going around, I paid another $1100 on my cruise on Saturday just in case. Looks like the gamble paid off.

i just got done with dinner so I am digesting this all. Lots to process in my technical brain. Too many little boxes to throw this all into! 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Ask your PVP if he can see anything being repositioned to go from LA. Still wondering about the Crown

Definately going to ask but I have a feeling that will be going to Mexico. GEtting ready to call and elave a message to him now.

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Still wondering about the Crown

It is odd that they haven't posted anything about the Crown.  I thought for sure that they would announce that the Crown would pick up the Sun's Alaska cruises.  For the Sky cancellations they at least posted tentative replacement itineraries quickly but for the Sun the cruises are just cancelled.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

Definately going to ask but I have a feeling that will be going to Mexico. GEtting ready to call and elave a message to him now.

The LA -> Alaska run is a bigger money maker for them both in fares and shore excursions 

• Like 2

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the FCC? I have been preparing for this and am ready to book a replacement cruise. I am just not sure how long it takes to get the FCC?

If i do a booking on the cruise I want and put the 3 day hold on it, would my PVP be able to mi è the money from mine cruise to another. 

final question, can I use any of the FCC on EZAir? I now will to get get airline flights. 

Edited by bubbapuck

9 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the FCC? I have been preparing for this and am ready to book a replacement cruise. I am just not sure how long it takes to get the FCC? your PVP will put the replacement cruise on hold until the FCC is issued. Should take 2 weeks.

If i do a booking on the cruise I want and put the 3 day hold on it, would my PVP be able to mi è the money from mine cruise to another. Your PVP can put a really long hold on it --- mine made it a 6 week hold when my TA was canceled due to Crown taken from Europe to who knows where

final question, can I use any of the FCC on EZAir? I now will to get get airline flights. FCC can only cover cruise fare. You still need to pay for Taxes / Fees / port expenses / EZair

Edited by Ombud

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Today, the world’s leading international premium cruise line, Princess Cruises, announced the sale of two of its ships, Sun Princess and Sea Princess, to undisclosed buyers.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Today, the world’s leading international premium cruise line, Princess Cruises, announced the sale of two of its ships, Sun Princess and Sea Princess, to undisclosed buyers.

1 hour ago, Crystabel said:

Yep, it's official. 

My point was to show that Princess is "the world's leading international premium cruise line," at least according to Princess.

• 4 weeks later...

Sold (not transferred within CCL):
Costa Atlantica -> CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping (JV 60% Chinese stockholders / 40% CCL)
Costa Mediterranea -> CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping
Costa neoRomantica -> Celestyal Cruises Experience 
HAL Amsterdam -> Fred Olsen Bolette 
HAL Rotterdam -> Fred Olsen Borealis 
HAL Maasdam -> Seajets Aegan Myths 
HAL Veendam -> Seajets Aegean Majesty 
P&O Oceana -> Seajets Queen of the Oceans 
POAU Pacific Dawn -> Ocean Builders MS Satoshi
Sea Princess > Astro Ocean
Sun Princess > Pacific World Peace Ships

Scrapped: 
Costa Victoria 
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Inspiration 
Carnival Fascination 
Carnival Imagination 

Announced but buyer unknown:
POAU Pacific Aria -> 

WHO'S #18??

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Announced but buyer unknown:
POAU Pacific Aria -> 

WHO'S #18??

Pacific Aria was also bought by Seajets. Name TBA.

Several cruise lines have gone out of business. Seajets expanding into cruising, a new market for them. Bold move in these times.

The Pacific Princess is listed for sale. Don't know if that counts as the 18th.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Sea Princess > Astro Ocean
Sun Princess > Pacific World Peace Ships

Astro Ocean renamed the Sea Princess the Piano Land.

Peace Boat will change the Sun's name to Pacific World.

Not my intention to nitpick, but to help.

I know you've put in a lot of effort to get this right.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Pacific Aria was also bought by Seajets. Name TBA.

Several cruise lines have gone out of business. Seajets expanding into cruising, a new market for them. Bold move in these times.

I believe the Pacific Princess has been listed for sale for years.    Not sure it will be #18 but when the right buyer comes along it will go. Sadly.

3 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

A Princess Cruises R-class ship has been on that web-site for years now. It was on there before the Ocean Princess was sold.

That said, while many of us love the Pacific Princess (myself included), its days may be numbered. Princess is counting on the Medallions to help with the new safety protocols and as far as I know, the Pacific Princess will not be using Medallions.

UPDATE: Just read an older post from Caribill that reported Princess changed their web-site to say 'most ships' will have Medallions, not 'all ships'. Maybe there's hope.

Edited by beg3yrs
Update

1 minute ago, waltd said:

I believe the Pacific Princess has been listed for sale for years.    Not sure it will be #18 but when the right buyer comes along it will go. Sadly.

Yes, it's definitely among the older ships delivered before 2000 (2 in 2001):
Carnival Ecstasy 1991
Carnival Sensation 1993
AIDAcara 1996
POAU Explorer 1997
Carnival Elation 1998
Carnival Paradise 1998
Grand Princess 1998
Carnival Paradise 1998
Pacific Princess 1999
HAL MS Volendam 1999
(HAL MS Zaandam 2000)