Jump to content

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, spookyfudge said:

No Princess ships yet. 

 

Gone, not including transfers within CCL as this would not bring in cash:
Costa neoClassica -> Bahamas Paradise

Costa neoRomantica -> Celestyal Cruises
HAL Amsterdam -> Fred Olsen

HAL Rotterdam -> Fred Olsen
HAL Maasdam -> 2nd buyer
HAL Veendam -> 2nd buyer

 

Sold to CMV who is in bankruptcy (cancel sale)?
P&O Aus Pacific Aria 
P&O Aus Pacific Dawn

 

Confirmed scrap: 
Costa Victoria 
P&O Oceana
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Inspiration 
Carnival Fascination 
Carnival Imagination 

 

To Carnival-China JV:
Costa Atlantica
Costa Mediterranea

[Costa neoRomantica was to go here but no longer so leaves space for another??]

 

86 were up for sale. Pacific Princess keeps popping up. Expecting more movement soon
 

Edited by Ombud
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Essiesmom said:

P&O Oceana was sold to a Greek cruise ferry company.  EM

Thats so much better and explains why it's there!! Corrections welcomed 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that the Sun Princess last listed cruise was August 2021 to Alaska. Any idea why? 

 

As best I can figure out. Gone, not including transfers within CCL:
Costa neoClassica -> Bahamas Paradise
Costa neoRomantica -> Celestyal Cruises
HAL Amsterdam -> Fred Olsen
HAL Rotterdam -> Fred Olsen
HAL Maasdam -> 2nd buyer
HAL Veendam -> 2nd buyer 
P&O Oceana -> Greek ferry company
P&O Aus Pacific Aria -> on way to Cyprus?
P&O Aus Pacific Dawn -> on way to Cyprus?

 

Scrapped: 
Costa Victoria 
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Inspiration 
Carnival Fascination 
Carnival Imagination 

 

To Carnival-China JV:
Costa Atlantica
Costa Mediterranea

Edited by Ombud
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a sinking feeling that the Sun, Sea and Pacific along with the remaining Fantasy Class are the most likely at risk and possibly some older Aida tonnage.  We will have to wait and see but the scrap aluminum and steel business between the cruise lines and airlines will have a ton of work/inventory to sell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sunviking82 said:

I have a sinking feeling that the Sun, Sea and Pacific along with the remaining Fantasy Class are the most likely at risk and possibly some older Aida tonnage.  We will have to wait and see but the scrap aluminum and steel business between the cruise lines and airlines will have a ton of work/inventory to sell.

Currently last available voyages:
Sun Princess - August 2021
Sea Princess - November 2021
Pacific Princess - March 2022 (Asia)

Other ships through July 2022 inc Australia/ NZ voyages although Asian cruises only until April 2022 (When does Carnival China JV launch? Can Pacific make it up the Yangtze River?)

Edited by Ombud
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Currently last available voyages:
Sun Princess - August 2021
Sea Princess - November 2021
Pacific Princess - March 2022 (Asia)

Other ships through July 2022 inc Australia/ NZ voyages although Asian cruises only until April 2022 (When does Carnival China JV launch? Can Pacific make it up the Yangtze River?)

 

Available for booking also means available to cancel if the ships are leaving the fleet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caribill said:

 

Available for booking also means available to cancel if the ships are leaving the fleet.

 

Have a Sun Princess cruise to Alaska I am looking forward to. Hopefully that isnt one of the ships to leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

You can probably add Crown Princes to the list. Our August 2021 British Isles cruise has just been canceled as the Crown is being redeployed which probably means she is being sold or scrapped. 

 

Jonathan


Crown is just moving to a different home port hence redeployment. Definitely not being sold or scrapped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The announcement indicated that the average age of the CCL fleets would drop by 1 year. so assume it will be the oldest and smallest ships. Pacific, Sun and Sea would certainly fit. The Grand would fit when it come to age

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve said for awhile that I felt Sun/Sea would not return to service for Princess and that Star would leave fleet earlier than planned. I do not see Pacific leaving as it fits a unique niche for Princess that other vessels cannot replace (Tahiti and Venice for starters). 
 

I think Pacific Explorer (P&O Australia former Dawn Princess) Is also likely to leave Carnival Corp along with the two oldest Aida ships. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I’ve said for awhile that I felt Sun/Sea would not return to service for Princess and that Star would leave fleet earlier than planned. I do not see Pacific leaving as it fits a unique niche for Princess that other vessels cannot replace (Tahiti and Venice for starters). 
 

I think Pacific Explorer (P&O Australia former Dawn Princess) Is also likely to leave Carnival Corp along with the two oldest Aida ships. 

except the niche for the pacific Princess was the world cruises, but replaced it with the Island now that larger ships can do the new panama locks. there did have some tahiti cruises for the pacific as a one off, after they stopped with the world cruises. Other then those it had been a few years since the Pacific did multiple cruises out of papeete.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, npcl said:

except the niche for the pacific Princess was the world cruises, but replaced it with the Island now that larger ships can do the new panama locks. there did have some tahiti cruises for the pacific as a one off, after they stopped with the world cruises. Other then those it had been a few years since the Pacific did multiple cruises out of papeete.


Pacific was scheduled for a full season from Tahiti this winter and is also scheduled next winter. In Europe for 2021 she is the only Princess ship that would be allowed to dock in Venice.  These are important markets and Princess can command a yield premium for Pacific Princess sailings in those areas, hence why I think she stays. I could be very wrong in the end though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cruiserking said:

You can probably add Crown Princes to the list. Our August 2021 British Isles cruise has just been canceled as the Crown is being redeployed which probably means she is being sold or scrapped. 

 

Jonathan

The Crown will be at U.S. ports in winter season 2021/2022. Imagine she will stay in the fleet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, npcl said:

except the niche for the pacific Princess was the world cruises, but replaced it with the Island now that larger ships can do the new panama locks. there did have some tahiti cruises for the pacific as a one off, after they stopped with the world cruises. Other then those it had been a few years since the Pacific did multiple cruises out of papeete.

The Island and Coral Princess transit the old locks. They are both old lock Panamax sized ships. The Coral is scheduled for a World Cruise in 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

 

Have a Sun Princess cruise to Alaska I am looking forward to. Hopefully that isnt one of the ships to leave.

News today suggests the Sun will replace Peace Boat's two ships, which will likely be scrapped due to age.  We are on the Sun for it's last posted sailing in August. 

The Pacific is listed for sale.  Azamara and Oceania like the R Class.

Likely there will be more shuffling of ships between Carnival's lines, with the poorest financially performing ships exiting the fleets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I do not see Pacific leaving as it fits a unique niche for Princess that other vessels cannot replace

China will become a huge market and i do not see larger ships on their 3 major rivers. If it goes to the JV then it hasn't really left CCL fleet

 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

The Crown will be at U.S. ports in winter season 2021/2022. Imagine she will stay in the fleet.

Plus there are 4 ships older than it: Sun / Sea / Pacific / Grand. Frankly I think every pre-2000 in entire CCL fleet will be gone one way or another (transfer to another line to replace even older, sold off, or scrapped)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, voljeep said:

the new locks free up the Island to do cruises other than the Panama canal ... really only need one ship (Coral) to do the old locks while the bigger ships do the new locks


After April 2021 Coral heads to Alaska for the summer via the Panama Canal then will become Australia based though summer 2022 when she departs on a World Cruise from Sydney. She will have one transit of the canal as part of that World Cruise. Island will have 2 transits of the canal aspart of her 2022 World Cruise. Other than that all Princess canal sailings for Fall 2021 to Sping 2022 will use the new locks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:


Pacific was scheduled for a full season from Tahiti this winter and is also scheduled next winter. In Europe for 2021 she is the only Princess ship that would be allowed to dock in Venice.  These are important markets and Princess can command a yield premium for Pacific Princess sailings in those areas, hence why I think she stays. I could be very wrong in the end though.

that was what I said as kind of a one off after they ended using the pacific for the world cruise. Pacific used to do tahiti cruises out of appetite but Princess stopped them because they were not profitable. they did put pacific there for a couple of years (this and next) as kind of a trial balloon. not because there is any long term commitment to having a ship there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:


After April 2021 Coral heads to Alaska for the summer via the Panama Canal then will become Australia based though summer 2022 when she departs on a World Cruise from Sydney. She will have one transit of the canal as part of that World Cruise. Island will have 2 transits of the canal aspart of her 2022 World Cruise. Other than that all Princess canal sailings for Fall 2021 to Sping 2022 will use the new locks. 

yep. compared to the old days when island and coral spent a good portion of their year doing Panama canal cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It does not matter what ships are currently scheduled for where or how heavily they are booked for next year.

 

If CCL Corp decides to get rid of a ship, it will leave the fleet, its cruises cancelled, and those who had been booked on the cancelled cruises may or may not have an equivalent cruise available on another ship.

 

Just ask those who had been booked on HAL's Maasdam when it was removed from the fleet earlier this year with no equivalent itineraries available on other HAL ships for many of the Maasdam's unique itineraries.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...