3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

tere247;  did you see much difference between mini suite and balcony cabin?

We went to a deluxe balcony which had a little loveseat instead of a couch.  The bathroom in the deluxe is like the bathroom in a regular balcony.  Shower with a little ledge good for your shampoo bottles or shaving your legs.  Bathroom seemed cramped to me.  Mini suite has a bathtub.  More room.
I think there is more storage in a regular balcony than a deluxe because of the loveseat.  And the xtra drawers in the desk.  Much more storage in the mini suite. The closet with the safe is also narrower than in a mini. 
The first week, I sailed with my husband and the second week with my Goddaughter.  When I sail with her, we spend less time in the cabin.  
I did feel somewhat cramped in the Deluxe when we were both in the cabin at the same time.  When I sail with my Goddaughter, because of her finances, she can only afford a deluxe.  But I would rather be in a mini.  
The next to last photo is a regular balcony with extra seating on the Caribbean Princess. The last one is a mini on the Crown Princess.

2B3B0494-056C-4458-9BA4-BB1AC6E5BC40.jpeg

FC76ADFB-CEF0-478B-A24B-FAEFD847003E.jpeg

7FB0DA27-84AB-49F7-8490-C3650CA1E38A.jpeg

A9522D3E-3CDA-4A26-9BDE-579D88437E7D.jpeg

8FDEC80F-C492-48CD-9A44-0AAEF6811D94.jpeg

A41DE16A-BCB1-4BE7-AC95-6C15D3630B3A.jpeg

0522EB6F-3E1A-44CF-9DD7-0144101315E2.jpeg

Edited by tere247

We sailed on the Sky Princess on a b2b over New Years Eve and again on the last sailing 3/7-3/14 and fell in love with the ship. The design improvements in the Vista Lounge and Princes Live venues made a big impression on us. I like the various seating areas that have been placed around the Lido deck by the pool and aft area. The Retreat pool on Sky Deck is a bit disappointing by not having a sea view and the wind can be outrageous but it has a handy bar! And the cabins that surround the pool have a cool window hall that makes the space feel unlike any other passenger cabin hall. Quick access to the adult pool or quick walk down to Lido makes Sky deck a great location for those who like to get out early to lounge and drink all day!

The two new production shows Rock Opera & 5-SKIES were fantastic with outstanding singers and dancers. Excited to see those shows again! The crew during our times on the Sky were top notch with many being familiar to many of us seasoned cruisers. Both Captains are great with Captain Tivo being the most joyful jolly sailor you'd ever have the pleasure of cruising with and his quiet even keel counterpart Captain Laakkonen, who will always have my respect on how he handled the news that Princess ship's operations were pausing. His calm and comforting manner was reassuring to passengers and crew alike. 
We found the Elite/Plat lounge to be managed extremely well and popular with passengers. The Crown Grill bar is a nice place for drinks and good music in the evenings and is a perfect spot if you like to people watch. To me, it is more of the Crooners replacement spot. You don't get the shaking martini maneuvers but it does have a great bar staff. For fancy bar tricks visit Good Spirits overlooking the Piazza or Sea View bar on Lido. We liked our dinner at La Mer and found the decor there with the detailed tile & iron work exquisite. Take Five is a beautiful venue too and has a fun Gin Cart that you can order hand crafted tonic spirits from and of course jazz. Sabitini's has been retooled also, with an enhanced menu and a more modern Italian decor. 
Personally, I loved the new decor, the Lido & venue changes, the color pallet selected and design direction that the Sky Princess has taken. I found many things pleasing, making me very excited to sail on her again!
We are currently booked on the Sky Princess for 10 days in March 2021 (fingers crossed) and again over Halloween 2021. 

tere247;  thanks for the pics and the explanation.  Those who say the entertainment was bad or lacking;  what specifically was wrong compared to the other ships?