Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't know who else has checked, but our HoTS Nov cruises have dropped all the ports except Coco Cay from our itineraries.  It's under our upcoming cruises with countdown and now only shows Perfect Day at Coco Cay.  You might want to check your itineraries for the rest of this year.  When I click on the planner, it shows the original itinerary, but not on the countdown page.  

Edited by BND
Link to post
Share on other sites

My October cruise on Harmony has just perfect day listed on my countdown, but when I click into the cruise it lists excursions for all the ports.

 

All my other planned cruises (Nine – most on Harmony)   list the full itineraries on the countdown. When I  do a mock booking for the same date, the entire itinerary is shown.
 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now that is interesting but I've learned not to read too much into what the lines say or announce. Everyone got so jazzed when Carnival set a plan to cruise 8 ships from 3 ports and that turned out to be poof.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Well now that is interesting but I've learned not to read too much into what the lines say or announce. Everyone got so jazzed when Carnival set a plan to cruise 8 ships from 3 ports and that turned out to be poof.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
 

 I just reported what it actually shows.  We've actually been saying for a while that if our cruise does even happen, I'd bet it'll be just a Coco Cay trip.  It wouldn't surprise almost anyone on here if they do it that way.  I doubt anyone is "jazzed" over dropped ports, but okay.   Ours is an eastern/western b2b, so a b2b to Coco Cay would be a big change.  Honestly, we wouldn't care.  We haven't been on a cruise since the end of July into first few days of Aug last year.  

Edited by BND
Link to post
Share on other sites
 I just reported what it actually shows.  We've actually been saying for a while that if our cruise does even happen, I'd bet it'll be just a Coco Cay trip.  It wouldn't surprise almost anyone on here if they do it that way.  I doubt anyone is "jazzed" over dropped ports, but okay.   Ours is an eastern/western b2b, so a b2b to Coco Cay would be a big change.  Honestly, we wouldn't care.  We haven't been on a cruise since the end of July into first few days of Aug last year.  
I'm not attacking you but it seems every little thing the cruise lines do we all read too much into it.
Take a look at MSC is supposedly "recalling crew" for the Mediterranean cruises and everyone is jumping on that as soon cruises are gonna start.
On another note if Royal Caribbean said to me we unfortunately had to drop all the other ports and we are gonna spend 2 days at Coco Cay I'd be thrilled. What ever works at the moment to get a cruise is ok with me.
Again I'm not attacking, it's interesting info. I wonder what it means and I hope it means good things.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

I'm not attacking you but it seems every little thing the cruise lines do we all read too much into it.
Take a look at MSC is supposedly "recalling crew" for the Mediterranean cruises and everyone is jumping on that as soon cruises are gonna start.
On another note if Royal Caribbean said to me we unfortunately had to drop all the other ports and we are gonna spend 2 days at Coco Cay I'd be thrilled. What ever works at the moment to get a cruise is ok with me.
Again I'm not attacking, it's interesting info. I wonder what it means and I hope it means good things.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
 

Have 10 niter coming up, couple days at Coco Cay and rest Sea Days be Kool with me. On Royal 20+ yrs ago a 4 or 5 nite Bahama Cruise inc at least one Sea Day just puttering off Coast of Florida. Shoot even when Voyager Class came out 7niter East or West Carib was only 3 stops all rest Sea Days. Love me some Sea Days from my Corner/Aft Cabins

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Have 10 niter coming up, couple days at Coco Cay and rest Sea Days be Kool with me. On Royal 20+ yrs ago a 4 or 5 nite Bahama Cruise inc at least one Sea Day just puttering off Coast of Florida. Shoot even when Voyager Class came out 7niter East or West Carib was only 3 stops all rest Sea Days. Love me some Sea Days from my Corner/Aft Cabins

I hope not before mid Sept.  See the article about voluntary suspension of cruises by members of CLIA which include RCI?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BND said:

I hope not before mid Sept.  See the article about voluntary suspension of cruises by members of CLIA which include RCI?

Nope, Nov.... Yes thank you, saw your post right before mine...

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BND said:

I hope not before mid Sept.  See the article about voluntary suspension of cruises by members of CLIA which include RCI?

I saw the CNBC post but we have a cruise in August. No notice from RCI and I looked and we can still access the cruise planner and make reservations. Also you can book any August cruise still! Wonder what’s going on!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Maybe they want you to book excursions for the $

I just watched the live update from John Heald with Carnival. He confirmed that we have a update Monday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Borntocruise22 said:

I saw the CNBC post but we have a cruise in August. No notice from RCI and I looked and we can still access the cruise planner and make reservations. Also you can book any August cruise still! Wonder what’s going on!!

The article I posted was from a different source.  There are multiples of it.  Be patient, it doesn't matter now what is on RCI's website.  I also expect cancellations will continue rolling out for a few months at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borntocruise22 said:

I just watched the live update from John Heald with Carnival. He confirmed that we have a update Monday. 

Carnival will.  He only speaks for Carnival, but  RCI probably will too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BND said:

KEY POINTS 

Major cruise lines have agreed to voluntarily extend a suspension of operations out of U.S. ports until Sept. 15, the Cruise Lines International Association announced Friday.

Members of the trade group, which includes cruising giants like Royal Caribbean, Carnival Corp. and Norwegian Cruise Line, had previously announced a pause of operations on March 13. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Borntocruise22 said:

KEY POINTS 

Major cruise lines have agreed to voluntarily extend a suspension of operations out of U.S. ports until Sept. 15, the Cruise Lines International Association announced Friday.

Members of the trade group, which includes cruising giants like Royal Caribbean, Carnival Corp. and Norwegian Cruise Line, had previously announced a pause of operations on March 13. 

I think we all read it.  Not sure why you quoted me with nothing in the quote box.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...