Reduced Capacity

Thebosn1

I don't sail again until next spring (I moved my cancelled cruises to next year to be safe), but I hope Carnival is still sailing at reduced capacity then.  I was worried that Carnival would fully book every cruise and then have to decide who could go and who could not.  That would have been a disaster.  Can you imagine of they cancel your cruise, then ask you to have faith in them and re-book instead of taking the refund, and you do, but then they tell you you can't go anyway?  Something like that would have been last straw for me. 

It's a trust issue for me.  I know some things are out of their control but if I book with them, I would expect them to honor it and sail.  I have continued to book cruises, and even bought stock in CCL, because I trust the company to be able to survive this shutdown.  If they start doing things like over booking just to cancel, I would have a hard time trusting them.

On the BRIGHT side, It would be very nice to sail on a ship that is at 60% capacity a few times!     

Happened to us. We had our April 19, 2020 cruise cancelled. We then moved FCC along with OBC to Aug. 15, 2020. This booking was also cancelled. We have now rebooked for April 25, 2021, hoping that this virus is under control by that time!

2 hours ago, tigereye said:

hoping that this virus is under control by that time!

Only if people believe there is a real problem. Too many deniers I talk to think it's some sort of hoax, scary 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tigereye said:

Happened to us. We had our April 19, 2020 cruise cancelled. We then moved FCC along with OBC to Aug. 15, 2020. This booking was also cancelled. We have now rebooked for April 25, 2021, hoping that this virus is under control by that time!

That's what we thought when our March 30th cruise was canceled.  We rebooked for August 29th.  I think we are just to take that money and go to our favorite beach for a week.  We will at least be able to bring our dog with us.  I just hate the thought of losing that OBC.

Edited by Butterbean1000

32 minutes ago, coevan said:

Only if people believe there is a real problem. Too many deniers I talk to think it's some sort of hoax, scary 

I don't think its a hoax, but I do think all the shut downs were carried way too far.  But that is a discussion for another thread, another time.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, coevan said:

No one on here are deniers. 🙄 Just because some of us are sick of the lockdowns, sick of power-hungry politicians ordering us around (when many of them & their families don't abide by their own orders), and sick of being berated by want to tell everyone how to live, that doesn't make us deniers. And just in case you say you're not talking about anyone on this forum, you're posting it to this forum. If you aren't referring to anyone here, don't post it here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

No one on here are deniers. 🙄 Just because some of us are sick of the lockdowns, sick of power-hungry politicians ordering us around (when many of them & their families don't abide by their own orders), and sick of being berated by want to tell everyone how to live, that doesn't make us deniers. And just in case you say you're not talking about anyone on this forum, you're posting it to this forum. If you aren't referring to anyone here, don't post it here.

Please STOP telling people what they can or cannot post!  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

"Funny how the media keeps touting how the two biggest red states are the most dangerous places at the moment. Meanwhile, we have more tests being performed and the CDC counting antibodies as current infections. Apparently, we have an airbourne virus spreading the most in our hottest climates. Fake news"

Just saw this on these boards.  I am really not trying to stir things up.  This seems really like denial.  Could you please without calling me names tell me how I am wrong here?  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Just now, skridge said:

"Funny how the media keeps touting how the two biggest red states are the most dangerous places at the moment. Meanwhile, we have more tests being performed and the CDC counting antibodies as current infections. Apparently, we have an airbourne virus spreading the most in our hottest climates. Fake news"

Just saw this on these boards.  I am really not trying to stir things up.  This seems really like denial.  Could you please without calling me names tell me how I am wrong here?  Thanks.

You mean the same media that predicted Hilary in a landslide? Yeah, they can be trusted and believed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Please STOP telling people what they can or cannot post!  

Seriously, again? Yeah, I saw your reply to me last night. Let's see. An account created in 2007. Your very first post wasn't until Jan. 2020...13 years later. You then didn't post until May, at which point you started posting only in threads related to the pandemic and pushed a single narrative in almost every post. In the Carnival forums, you spent the last two weeks posting to one single thread. One that I haven't posted to for over 2 weeks. You hadn't even been posted there yet and we never had any interaction. Then last night you just so happened to take aim at me in a different thread. Never having any interactions with me, barely participating in the Carnival forum, yet claiming to know me and what I'm about. Using the same rhetoric about the pandemic that I've seen before. Since then, you've only made one other post in the Carnival forum, but now bam, here you are replying to me again. I've been participating in forums/message boards for over 20 years, and in my experience, everything I've pointed out is a strong indication of being an alternate account. One used to stir the pot with people. To troll.

• Like 1

I don't think people think the virus is a hoax.  The problem is outside of the big cities, the number of cases is small.  I live in a county east of Dallas.  Borders Dallas County.  There are 136,000 people in the county and only 360 have tested positive.  I don't know any one personally that has tested positive.  So in my community it hard for people to be on lock down when there is only .002 % of the county infected.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thebosn1 said:

I don't sail again until next spring (I moved my cancelled cruises to next year to be safe), but I hope Carnival is still sailing at reduced capacity then. 

The way things are going I don’t know if Carnival, or anyone else for that matter, will be sailing by next Spring.

14 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Seriously, again? Yeah, I saw your reply to me last night. Let's see. An account created in 2007. Your very first post wasn't until Jan. 2020...13 years later. You then didn't post until May, at which point you started posting only in threads related to the pandemic and pushed a single narrative in almost every post. In the Carnival forums, you spent the last two weeks posting to one single thread. One that I haven't posted to for over 2 weeks. You hadn't even been posted there yet and we never had any interaction. Then last night you just so happened to take aim at me in a different thread. Never having any interactions with me, barely participating in the Carnival forum, yet claiming to know me and what I'm about. Using the same rhetoric about the pandemic that I've seen before. Since then, you've only made one other post in the Carnival forum, but now bam, here you are replying to me again. I've been participating in forums/message boards for over 20 years, and in my experience, everything I've pointed out is a strong indication of being an alternate account. One used to stir the pot with people. To troll.

An "alternate account"???  You are absolutely paranoid!  And apparently full of yourself.  I was taking up for another poster that you were abusing, just like you have repeatedly.   For your information, I have been cruising since 1997 and have sailed on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, Norwegian AND Carnival.  I don't have to explain my participation on the boards to you or anyone else!  Posts like this are what makes people uncomfortable posting here.  I'm going to hit the 'Ignore' button so I don't have to be subjected to your rants anymore.  

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

An "alternate account"???  You are absolutely paranoid!  And apparently full of yourself.  I was taking up for another poster that you were abusing, just like you have repeatedly.   For your information, I have been cruising since 1997 and have sailed on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, Norwegian AND Carnival.  I don't have to explain my participation on the boards to you or anyone else!  Posts like this are what makes people uncomfortable posting here.  I'm going to hit the 'Ignore' button so I don't have to be subjected to your rants anymore.  

You've had ZERO interaction with me, but claim to know I repeatedly abuse other users. Gotcha. 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Organized Chaos said:

LOL I told Joe817 that I did take y'all's advice about using the ignore button, but this one popped up after. I had to get it out of my system.

The boards really are better when you don't have to scroll by the baiting and insulting posts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

LOL I told Joe817 that I did take y'all's advice about using the ignore button, but this one popped up after. I had to get it out of my system.

Here, O.C. Have some more Pepto-Bismol.  🧃 I hope it's out of your system. Life's so much easier without the drama. :classic_wink:

• Like 1