Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jonthomas

December 20 on Riviera may have been cancelled.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Looks like everything this side of 2021 is now waitlisted ready to be cancelled.

Do you mean 2020?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Do you mean 2020?

I mean I think everything up to the start ofJan 2021 appears to have been waitlisted ready to be cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I mean I think everything up to the start ofJan 2021 appears to have been waitlisted ready to be cancelled. 

If that turns out to be true then I believe Pinotlover owns me a 49ers face mask as per my offer (or $100 as per his offer)  😀

Edited by Paulchili

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ToxM said:

Looks like everything this side of 2021 is now waitlisted ready to be cancelled.

I could  see any cruises leaving US ports   not happening 

they cannot get the virus  under control on land  so how will cruise ships be able  to sail  with Americans onboard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pinotlover said:

GeorgesGal;

 

Sounds to me, at this point, you are probably a “ house account” and he only gets paid a stipend , not Commission, for administration of your account. Any other assigned Agent in that Agency will probably be on the same terms. 

Thanks for this, pinot; I guess he is.  He did phone me yesterday and told me that he had in fact received a small commission on that March Sirena cancellation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ToxM said:

Looks like everything this side of 2021 is now waitlisted ready to be cancelled.

Nope, 12-2020 is still wide open except for the inside G cat., which is guaranteed right now and has been for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Thanks for this, pinot; I guess he is.  He did phone me yesterday and told me that he had in fact received a small commission on that March Sirena cancellation.

well  maybe  he does get  a share of the  Commission  jst took longer than normal to show up  😉

 

 Some agents  work on salary alone

some work % commission plus salary

some for  on straight commission (not the full rate the cruise line pays by the way)

just depends on the agreement with their employer

 

Good to know  he was paid something  so you can remove the guilt from your shoulders & look for  a new TA  for futures cruises  🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Nope, 12-2020 is still wide open except for the inside G cat., which is guaranteed right now and has been for a while.

 

12/20 is still open ... everything else appears to be waitlisted... an odd one to have wide open when everything else is closed down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ToxM said:

Looks like everything this side of 2021 is now waitlisted ready to be cancelled.

I got a bit curious- and decided to check my ATW 2022.  Completely  wait listed...but 2021 has openings.   It seems backwards to me.

 

Any thoughts?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw that Princess cruises has changed their dates.  They are pausing all cruises in and out of Australia until October 31.  Everywhere else, except Europe, is paused until December 15.  I don't know why Europe is exempted, but it was not mentioned on the list of places.  I bet the rest of the cruise lines will not be far behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WholeNewWorld said:

I got a bit curious- and decided to check my ATW 2022.  Completely  wait listed...but 2021 has openings.   It seems backwards to me.

 

Any thoughts?  

they waitlist  the FULL RTW cruise  until  the date  they open the rest to segmenters 

It avoids people booking cabins willy nilly  so the RTW ers  do not have to change cabins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JRIH said:

I just saw that Princess cruises has changed their dates.  They are pausing all cruises in and out of Australia until October 31.  Everywhere else, except Europe, is paused until December 15.  I don't know why Europe is exempted, but it was not mentioned on the list of places.  I bet the rest of the cruise lines will not be far behind.

Maybe they will have enough Europeans  or approved  Countries to cruise  from European ports ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an email from my agent telling us that Oceania has extended our full payment from 90 to 60 days for this Dec 20, 2020 sailing ...but need to know what the date would be without having to pay the $250 admin fee....so asked her the question. 

 

Originally it was cancel before Aug 15, NO admin fee...now with thirty days later, should be Sept 15..will see what she answers...

 

I expected O to be cancelling it, not extending final payment. Wonder why they are stalling. I still think nothing will be sailing. This cruise is Miami to Miami. We all know what is going on in Florida. Can things change very quickly. I hope so, but dont think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This posted on the thread 'When will things start back up':

 

TAs just received this note from O:

 

Dear Valued Travel Advisor,
 
As we – and the world – continue to navigate the global impacts of COVID-19, we are extending our pause in operations to include all embarkation dates from October 1 through October 31, 2020. As Insignia’s October voyages through the month of October were cancelled last month, this extension impacts the remainder of our October departures aboard Regatta, Nautica, Marina, Riviera, and Sirena.
 
 October Voyage Cancellations
 Regatta – October 26
 Nautica – October 8, 18, 30
 Marina – October 6, 16, 25
 Riviera – October 4, 16, 28
 Sirena – October 4, 14, 21, 28

Like
  •  
  •  Good info; there's still hope!
  • Donna
Edited by GeorgesGal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately we cant wait. Our time up will be mid Aug to cancel and not incur a penalty. I  guess O will cancel one month at a time.  If we had FCCs we would also wait of course. Too bad, such a good cruise. 

 

Is there anyone here who will make final payment that does not have FCCs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Unfortunately we cant wait. Our time up will be mid Aug to cancel and not incur a penalty. I  guess O will cancel one month at a time.  If we had FCCs we would also wait of course. Too bad, such a good cruise. 

 

Is there anyone here who will make final payment that does not have FCCs?

You will be missed, jonthomas.  BUT if it's not cancelled, you can always rebook and come along for the holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what do you base your opinion on that this cruise will be sailing? Florida is in terrible shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

what do you base your opinion on that this cruise will be sailing? Florida is in terrible shape.

 

I said "if it's not cancelled".  My Hope is based on HOPE, nothing more, nothing less.  It might also be called optimism. If it is cancelled, there are other cruises out there I'm looking at, keeping my options open.

Signed, Donna, the eternal optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...