Five More Caribbean Specials in Nov and Dec 2020 Announced by Crystal

Stickman1990

Crystal have extended their specials on Caribbean cruises - here’s their press release from today 

FIVE ADDITIONAL VOYAGES ADDED TO CRYSTAL’S SIMPLY THE BEST

‘Best Available’ Stateroom fares from $1399 per person offering up to 80 percent savings on all-inclusive luxury voyages to the Caribbean this fall

MIAMI, June 19, 2020 – Crystal Cruises has added five additional Caribbean sailings to its enticing new Simply the Best program. Previously scheduled November and December 2020 Crystal Serenity sailings to the Caribbean are now eligible for Crystal’s new offer of up to 80 percent savings on the best stateroom or suite available at the time of booking, as well as $250 or more of As You Wish shipboard credit per stateroom or suite (based on double occupancy); reduced deposits of just $100 per guest; low Solo Fares from 125 percent; children under 18 sail from $199 as third guests; and 10 percent cruise fare savings available on select sailings when guests choose the combined 14-night itinerary. 

Crystal’s Simply the Best sailings range from seven to 11-nights, with many seven-night itineraries combinable for an incredible 14-night journey through the Caribbean without repeating ports.

The newly added Simply the Best sailings aboard Crystal Serenity include:

Tropical Island Tapestry, Miami Roundtrip, nine nights embarking November 12 calling in Cozumel, Mexico; Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; George Town, Grand Cayman and Key West, Florida.

Caribbean Chic, Miami Roundtrip, 11 nights embarking November 21 calling in St. Kitts-Basseterre, St. Kitts; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Grande-Terre, Guadeloupe; Gustavia, St. Barts; and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Tropical Serenade, Miami Roundtrip, seven nights embarking December 2 calling in Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexico and Key West, Florida.

Island Discoveries, Miami to San Juan, seven nights embarking December 9 calling in Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos; St. Kitts-Basseterre, St. Kitts; Gustavia, St. Barts; and Tortola, British Virgin Islands.

Caribbean Kaleidoscope, San Juan to Miami, seven nights embarking December 16 calling in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten (overnight); Gustavia, St. Barts; St. John’s, Antigua; and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Cruise fares for Simply the Best sailings begin at just $1,399 per guest for Crystal award-winning all-inclusive luxury experience. Travelers with Future Cruise Credits may redeem them on these cruises.

Added peace of mind for guests looking forward to traveling again comes in part from programs like Crystal Confidence, which offers reduced deposits of just $100 for Ocean voyages; relaxed 60-day prior to first service final payment;  and adjusted cancellation policy allowing guests to cancel up to seven days prior to sailing and receive 100 percent Future Cruise Credit, valid through 2022. Guests booking Crystal’s Simply The Best fall 2020 Caribbean sailings will have an additional layer of voyage protection with the new Crystal Voyage Assurance program extended to these new Crystal Serenity voyages, which allows travelers to cancel their cruise for a full refund within seven days if there is a significant itinerary change – including the embarkation or disembarkation ports and/or changes to 30 percent or more of their selected itinerary – due to global travel restrictions. 

By deliberate design, Crystal Serenity has always carried far fewer guests than ships of similar size – featuring one of the highest space ratios in luxury cruising – and her social spaciousness will be further increased with a commitment to lower guest capacity when she resumes sailing this fall. In addition, while the fleet is paused, the Crystal team is developing new procedures and policies that will support all public health and regulatory requirements and ensure that guests’ vacations continue to be not only relaxing and pleasurable but safe and healthy. Details of these new measures and initiatives will be announced soon. 

The inherent design of Crystal ships maximizes personal and public space, offering plenty of options for those who choose to keep a healthy distance during their voyage. All Crystal ships across the fleet including Ocean, River, Yacht and Expedition offer nearly double the space per person than ships of a similar size, which is among the highest space ratios in the industry and their social spaciousness will be further augmented through the new measures we will be implementing. Further, Crystal Endeavor and Crystal’s River ships are all-suite and all-balcony and most staterooms on Ocean ships Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity feature private verandas for fresh airflow. 

The safety of guests and crew members is Crystal’s number one priority and the fleet will resume service only when the company’s expert team and global health and government authorities indicate that it is safe to do so. 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting, Stickman.  The press release mentions solo fares. But I just looked at all these cruises and there was not a single solo fare listed. I wonder if the website is not yet updated or the press release is in error.

• Like 1

Wonder how long before will Crystal start moving Serenity to the East Coast US - I know they have plenty of time still but a long voyage and will they stay in Miami for a few days (if allowed) or park at sea for a while. Also which way will they go - west  then across Atlantic or East and across Pacific and Panama Canal.  I know it will be a while and someone here will let us know when they see the ship moving.

I am booked on 11 nights Caribbean in November  - full cruise 

I only hope I will be able to reach Miami   -  booked on Lufthansa  - the company did suspend the use of 380 until further notice 

maybe definitely  ??  as did Air France already

I truly hope Crystal will not face me with another cancellation  -  I am also booked on a Crystal river in October ...but Hungary is still closed ...  I hope CC is tolerating my short deviation on river ... 

3 hours ago, ctjon said:

Wonder how long before will Crystal start moving Serenity to the East Coast US - I know they have plenty of time still but a long voyage and will they stay in Miami for a few days (if allowed) or park at sea for a while. Also which way will they go - west  then across Atlantic or East and across Pacific and Panama Canal.  I know it will be a while and someone here will let us know when they see the ship moving.

My guess would be west. I suspect the Suez transit would be less expensive the the Panama transit.

2 hours ago, vistaman said:

I am booked on 11 nights Caribbean in November  - full cruise 

I only hope I will be able to reach Miami   -  booked on Lufthansa  - the company did suspend the use of 380 until further notice 

maybe definitely  ??  as did Air France already

I truly hope Crystal will not face me with another cancellation  -  I am also booked on a Crystal river in October ...but Hungary is still closed ...  I hope CC is tolerating my short deviation on river ... 

Some UK friends want to go on Serenity in November but who knows if the travel ban on Uk and European citizens will be lifted by then. I haven't heard anything new about the travel ban lately. Has anyone any info?

Edited by juicyjuju

I am able to change or to cancel my flights on Lufthansa for a 50 € fee - also my one night in a moderate hotel in Miami is flexible

Only I hope we get the information well in advance about entering the US 

having sevral booking for 2021 , I do not mind Crystal is putting the eventual money on those bookings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, juicyjuju said:

Some UK friends want to go on Serenity in November but who knows if the travel ban on Uk and European citizens will be lifted by then. I haven't heard anything new about the travel ban lately. Has anyone any info?

I know a German who flew to Mexico for a month.  I am thinking the same idea but for a few days. Then  again if needed or an island somewhere 

19 hours ago, juicyjuju said:

Unfortunately, we are still currently advised to avoid all but essential overseas travel, coupled with a 14 day quarantine for all arrivals. There is a very strong probability that reciprocal  ''travel corridors '' will be introduced soon, I think it likely that these will be with European neighbours where covid is currently well-controlled. Sadly, I doubt that this will extend to the USA or Caribbean. Of course, just my opinion.

• Like 1

I love all your optimism

Given where we are now with respect to Covid 19 I cannot imagine any cruise will sail in 2020 and I am fearful that my January  Crystal cruise will not sail either.

I am as much in cruise withdrawal as all of you,  just more realistic in my thinking.

I hope I am wrong.

Example -- The American Contract Bridge League cancelled ALL tournaments across the nation and in Canada through the end of the year.  A VERY big deal, especially done so far in advance.   Hundreds of tournaments, thousands of players,  lots of money lost.   As with cruising, there is no way to effectively social distance at a bridge tournament.

• Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 8:23 PM, Stickman1990 said:

Crystal have extended their specials on Caribbean cruises - here’s their press release from today 

FIVE ADDITIONAL VOYAGES ADDED TO CRYSTAL’S SIMPLY THE BEST

‘Best Available’ Stateroom fares from $1399 per person offering up to 80 percent savings on all-inclusive luxury voyages to the Caribbean this fall

MIAMI, June 19, 2020 – Crystal Cruises has added five additional Caribbean sailings to its enticing new Simply the Best program. Previously scheduled November and December 2020 Crystal Serenity sailings to the Caribbean are now eligible for Crystal’s new offer of up to 80 percent savings on the best stateroom or suite available at the time of booking, as well as $250 or more of As You Wish shipboard credit per stateroom or suite (based on double occupancy); reduced deposits of just $100 per guest; low Solo Fares from 125 percent; children under 18 sail from $199 as third guests; and 10 percent cruise fare savings available on select sailings when guests choose the combined 14-night itinerary. 

Crystal’s Simply the Best sailings range from seven to 11-nights, with many seven-night itineraries combinable for an incredible 14-night journey through the Caribbean without repeating ports.

The newly added Simply the Best sailings aboard Crystal Serenity include:

Tropical Island Tapestry, Miami Roundtrip, nine nights embarking November 12 calling in Cozumel, Mexico; Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; George Town, Grand Cayman and Key West, Florida.

Caribbean Chic, Miami Roundtrip, 11 nights embarking November 21 calling in St. Kitts-Basseterre, St. Kitts; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Grande-Terre, Guadeloupe; Gustavia, St. Barts; and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Tropical Serenade, Miami Roundtrip, seven nights embarking December 2 calling in Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexico and Key West, Florida.

Island Discoveries, Miami to San Juan, seven nights embarking December 9 calling in Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos; St. Kitts-Basseterre, St. Kitts; Gustavia, St. Barts; and Tortola, British Virgin Islands.

Caribbean Kaleidoscope, San Juan to Miami, seven nights embarking December 16 calling in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten (overnight); Gustavia, St. Barts; St. John’s, Antigua; and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Cruise fares for Simply the Best sailings begin at just $1,399 per guest for Crystal award-winning all-inclusive luxury experience. Travelers with Future Cruise Credits may redeem them on these cruises.

A

Do you have any prices on these specials?  The first 5 had great prices but I'm not finding any reduced prices.  Example I see $7599pp plus tax for the Nov 21st 11 day cruise.  That doesn't seem that special compared to the first cruises.  Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Do you have any prices on these specials?  The first 5 had great prices but I'm not finding any reduced prices.  Example I see $7599pp plus tax for the Nov 21st 11 day cruise.  That doesn't seem that special compared to the first cruises.  Am I missing something?

I am in the US and we just saved over $6000 on our 11/12 and 11/21 B2B that we originally booked last January. It is a B1 cabin and Now less than $700 per day.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 1:40 PM, TER777 said:

Thanks for posting, Stickman.  The press release mentions solo fares. But I just looked at all these cruises and there was not a single solo fare listed. I wonder if the website is not yet updated or the press release is in error.

I heard back from Crystal regarding this issue and they’ve advised:

“We had the team look into this and it looks like there was a tech glitch that prevented some of the solo fares from populating on the web for a few of the voyages. We have addressed the issue and the solo fares should be visible where available. Please note that the low solo fares are available on a limited capacity based on space available so it is possible that they can sell out and then thus would no longer be available on certain voyages”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

I took a look at several of these.  The $7599 pp plus tax totals $8105.00 USD pp that you mentioned is for the best available penthouse.  It is approx $1500 USD savings pp from the originally posted prices so $3000 USD (approx $4200 CDN) savings per double stateroom.   There is also a $250 USD OBC per stateroom.  If you have a booking on board discount it does not apply but you can use the $200 on board deposit for the deposit on these “specially priced cruises”.

Edited by Cancun01

35 minutes ago, Cancun01 said:

I took a look at several of these.  The $7599 pp plus tax totals $8105.00 USD pp that you mentioned is for the best available penthouse.  It is approx $1500 USD savings pp from the originally posted prices so $3000 USD (approx $4200 CDN) savings per double stateroom.   There is also a $250 USD OBC per stateroom.  If you have a booking on board discount it does not apply but you can use the $200 on board deposit for the deposit on these “specially priced cruises”.

Thanks.  "Drib" who does his own site and updating as a hobby shows a PH guarantee for $5999pp.  I am booked on the Oct 15th and 22nd which have amazing prices so I was hoping these were going to be a bit more like those cruises for pricing.

I really hope they go.

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I heard back from Crystal regarding this issue and they’ve advised:

“We had the team look into this and it looks like there was a tech glitch that prevented some of the solo fares from populating on the web for a few of the voyages. We have addressed the issue and the solo fares should be visible where available. Please note that the low solo fares are available on a limited capacity based on space available so it is possible that they can sell out and then thus would no longer be available on certain voyages”

Thanks, Stickman. I appreciate your getting this fixed. I've checked and solo fares are listed, (although they don't look particularly low).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thanks.  "Drib" who does his own site and updating as a hobby shows a PH guarantee for $5999pp.  I am booked on the Oct 15th and 22nd which have amazing prices so I was hoping these were going to be a bit more like those cruises for pricing.

I really hope they go.

The only guarantee I saw was for a C3. Unfortunate because a guarantee can be the best value when available.  Perhaps you or if applicable your TA could give Crystal a call.  Good luck with October 15th.  We are booked and hoping for December 2!