On 6/20/2020 at 7:08 AM, ew101 said:

Why would the crew not be able to get off in the first place. Home port is palm beach. That is out right stupid.

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

That is out right stupid.

There has been much "stupid" in existence during this pandemic from many sources.  

It is no surprise to me that many of our citizens don't know what and whom to believe.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Why would the crew not be able to get off in the first place. Home port is palm beach. That is out right stupid.

For the same reason that the 20 or so cruise ships "home ported" in Miami are not allowed to disembark crew, or the cruise ships home ported in Galveston, or Baltimore, or NYC.  They are first off foreign flag ships, and the crew are not US citizens.  Cruise ships home ported all over the US have not been allowed to disembark crew (haven't you paid attention over the last 4 months?) due to CDC guidelines to the USCG for clearance of vessels into US ports.  Funny enough, the Bahamas Paradise ship is the only cruise ship whose covid remediation plan for dealing with crew infections has been approved by the CDC.  None of the other cruise lines have been approved.

7 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Unlike ANY OTHER CRUISE LINE, They received the GREEN STATUS (June 17) long before any other will. That alone indicates they are NOT like any other cruise line. 

Isn’t that pretty much what chengkp75 said?

On 6/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well, let's see:  more than 250 pax and crew?  Yep, 1496 pax and 670 crew.  Longer than 24 hour itinerary?  Yep, 2 night cruises.  So, this ship falls under the CDC no sail order on both counts, so why is it "out right stupid" to not allow this crew to change out in a US port, when all other cruise lines cannot?  Now, since the CDC has subsequently come up with a protocol to let the crew change out, and the cruise line's plan has been approved, they can crew change, but why are you surprised that they couldn't do this before the CDC came up with a protocol?  What does the significance of a "home port" have to do with the potential health risk of the crew?

And, the line has two ships and 1300 crew total, so their plan for dealing with infected crew can be much simpler than other cruise lines.

Edited by chengkp75

My remark had to do with those on the BPCL ships ships ONLY, that live in FLORIDA "LOCALLY not over seas". No other cruise lines or ships are the same.  Not apples for apples at all.  Understandably, all workers on all cruise ships live somewhere else. What a ridiculous remark.  So what. Has nothing to do with this cruise line at all. If I went to the Bahamas on my boat and then returned two days later. I doubt if my family or I would be kept on the boat for 14 days. That is basically the same. I went to Grand Cayman and back and never had any one confront me upon returning. That was 6 weeks ago.

16 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

My remark had to do with those on the BPCL ships ships ONLY, that live in FLORIDA "LOCALLY not over seas". No other cruise lines or ships are the same.  Not apples for apples at all.  Understandably, all workers on all cruise ships live somewhere else. What a ridiculous remark.  So what. Has nothing to do with this cruise line at all. If I went to the Bahamas on my boat and then returned two days later. I doubt if my family or I would be kept on the boat for 14 days. That is basically the same. I went to Grand Cayman and back and never had any one confront me upon returning. That was 6 weeks ago.

Who cares if they "live locally", they are on a foreign flag ship greater than 500 GT, so must report to USCG for clearance, and therefore must meet USCG regulations for health declarations, etc.  As for you, my question is, did you report to CBP after your trip to Grand Cayman?  You do know that is required?  I see that you tend to confuse your pleasure boat with a ship, and a US registered boat with a foreign ship.

Edited by chengkp75

I know you think that BPCL is different from any other cruise line, but under the law it is just another foreign flag passenger vessel operating out of a US port, just like all the other cruise ships.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 3:47 AM, chengkp75 said:

I know you think that BPCL is different from any other cruise line, but under the law it is just another foreign flag passenger vessel operating out of a US port, just like all the other cruise ships.

It appears from reading the CDC document concerning the most recent extension that BPCL actually took the CDC's requirements with the April 15 requirements seriously and worked to meet those requirements.

According to that document some cruise lines have notified the CDC that they are removing their ships from US waters and will not return while the order remains in place so work on review of their plans has stopped.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships-Second-Extension_07_16_2020-p.pdf

Very interesting read on exactly what has and has not been going on since April 15.